ryanbatcund

Realair install in v 4.1?

Recommended Posts

I finally got internet today!!  wooo!

That out of the way I'm reading this thread: 

 

But if I don't have P3D v3 installed anymore do I just point the installer for my realair products to P3d V4.1?  Then I make the xml entries?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I created a folder named "Prepar3d Addons" and pointed the installer to that, then used the "add-on.xml method of getting the aircraft into the sim.  Previously, I also installed the aircraft directly into 4.0 by pointing the installer there.  Your choice.  I think everything else you need is in that thread... adding Doug Dawson's 64 bit sound gauge, making the GTN's show in the RealAir Config Panel, etc.  Both the TDuke and Lancair versions 2 are working fine for me in 4.1.

Good luck,

Greg

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, whew that was a little tedious but I got it working.  How to get the config panel working?  Mine doesn't seem to respond to adding, say, the GTN750's.

 

EDIT:  Nope it's not working.  I still had one manually installed to the my P3D v4 folder already.  So the addon xml thing is not working.  Oh boy... where have I gone wrong?

Share this post


Link to post

Ok could use help... I think I'm confused with the add-on.xml procedures.

1)  I've installed the Legacy v2 into a brand new folder: B:\P3Dv4_Addons 

In that are three sub folders, Effects, RealAir, and SimObjects.

2) In C:\Users\Bones\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 I added to the add-ons.cfg the path: [Package.3]
PATH=B:\P3Dv4_Addons
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

3) I created a folder in the P3d v4 add-ons folder (mine is C:\Users\Bones\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Realair Legacy v2) called Realair Legacy v2.  In that I placed the add-on.xml file

it looks like this:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>RealAir</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>RealAir Legacy V2</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>B:\P3Dv4_Addons</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>B:\P3Dv4_Addons</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

 

Nothing is showing in the sim for the Legacy.  What am I doing wrong?

 

Share this post


Link to post

EDIT again:  It's working now.  Though would it be ok if I created a new folder called Legacy v2 instead of having those three folders?  When I got into P3D v4 it said "do you want to add Realair" or something along those lines?

Share this post


Link to post

Glad it's working now.

For getting the RealAir Panel Config to show the GTN's:

1) Right click the icon on your desktop for config tool, or the tool can be found in C:\Prepar3d\Realair\legacyv2FSX, pick "open file location".

2) Go into the Autoplay\Files folder and open the config.ini

3) Under the [Radios] section, change the 2 GPS entries:

                                 gps1.type=750
                                 gps2.type=650
                                 

to whatever you want (650 and/or 750) and save the file.

Then open the Config Panel and click on the "GPS & Radios" tab to see your GTN choice(s) available for configuration.  Works with the Turbine Duke or Lancair.  Both my installs are from the FSX installers.

HTH,

Greg

Share this post


Link to post

Ok I got those GTN's working (I actually just replaced them with RXP's units for now).  And I got the doug dowson sound gauge working - so it looks like everything is working woo!

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/28/2017 at 0:08 AM, lownslo said:

Glad it's working now.

For getting the RealAir Panel Config to show the GTN's:

1) Right click the icon on your desktop for config tool, or the tool can be found in C:\Prepar3d\Realair\legacyv2FSX, pick "open file location".

2) Go into the Autoplay\Files folder and open the config.ini

3) Under the [Radios] section, change the 2 GPS entries:

                                 gps1.type=750
                                 gps2.type=650
                                 

to whatever you want (650 and/or 750) and save the file.

Then open the Config Panel and click on the "GPS & Radios" tab to see your GTN choice(s) available for configuration.  Works with the Turbine Duke or Lancair.  Both my installs are from the FSX installers.

HTH,

Greg

I just tried to install the RealAir Lancair into P3D v4.1 tonight.

I got it installed and have the sounds working and even have the GTN in there but the bezel covers it, and when I run the Configurator I get a box saying the registry can't find the file.

Screenshots below.

I can't find any folder that says Autoplay either.

Please help as I'd love it to work like I've seen on some videos.

Click this....

H9Zxjsw.jpg

And I get this...

49xEp6E.jpg

Nothing in the Configurator

ooVHcES.jpg

And here's the cockpit

P5pZeNk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

What happens when you click thru that warning, "Your FSX directory path blah, blah, blah"?  For me, if i click thru that warning I get into the Configurator and all works well, but I see that warning every time I open the Configurator.  Just ignore it and click thru.  Did you do steps 1,2, and 3 in my post without issues?  Whatever you put here:

                                 gps1.type=750
                                 gps2.type=650

in the config.ini is what you'll have as choices on the Configurator "GPS & Radios" page.

HTH,

Greg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, lownslo said:

What happens when you click thru that warning, "Your FSX directory path blah, blah, blah"?  For me, if i click thru that warning I get into the Configurator and all works well, but I see that warning every time I open the Configurator.  Just ignore it and click thru.  Did you do steps 1,2, and 3 in my post without issues?  Whatever you put here:

                                 gps1.type=750
                                 gps2.type=650

in the config.ini is what you'll have as choices on the Configurator "GPS & Radios" page.

HTH,

Greg

Thanks Greg foe getting back to me so fats.

I can run the Configurator as shown in my screenshot but do not have the ability to select the 750.

I had modified the lines to I do have the 750 in the Lancair as shown in my screenshot but the bezel covers it.

So my problem is twofold, 1) how do I get the Configurator program to work and I suppose it would modify the bezel, and how do I get the proper full 750 display without the bezel?

I am not even sure is I have the correct files in the correct locations either.  For instance, the CONFIG file, I don't really know where it goes, but it is working in the plane but not correctly like others have it working.

Thanks Greg, I really appreciate you getting back to me so fast, I sure do hope I can get it working.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I uninstalled everything and started at the beginning, found the Autoplay folder, modified one line now I have the proper bezel and the GTN works and I can use the Configurator.

But now I have another problem.  One the first installation I placed the new x64 sound file in the Panel folder and I had flap and gear sounds, I did the same now and no matter what I do I can't get the sound back.

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

19 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Well, I uninstalled everything and started at the beginning, found the Autoplay folder, modified one line now I have the proper bezel and the GTN works and I can use the Configurator.

But now I have another problem.  One the first installation I placed the new x64 sound file in the Panel folder and I had flap and gear sounds, I did the same now and no matter what I do I can't get the sound back.

 

Jack,

This is the name I use for the 64 bit sound DLL in the Legacy V2. RASLegacy_Sound_V2. Try that. If it still does not work PM me with your e-mail and i will send the sound dll that works on my system.

Greg

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, gregmorin said:

 

Jack,

This is the name I use for the 64 bit sound DLL in the Legacy V2. RASLegacy_Sound_V2. Try that. If it still does not work PM me with your e-mail and i will send the sound dll that works on my system.

Greg

 

Thanks Greg, I downloaded the correct file because it was working.  I just have no idea where to place the file.  I put it in P3D4.1's Sounds folder, the Lancari's Sounds folder, the Lancair's Panel folder, the Lancair's Main folder.  Nothing works.  It was working earlier when the 750 wasn't working.  Now I have the 750 working but no sound.

I'm really at a loss as to where this file goes. 

Share this post


Link to post

Jack,

Make sure you put the sound gauge in the panel folder that contains the GTN in the panel cfg.

Greg

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Jack,

Make sure you put the sound gauge in the panel folder that contains the GTN in the panel cfg.

Greg

 

Well, I finally have it working.  I was getting .ini errors when I started P3D and pulling my hair out.  So I started all over again and used your naming convention, it really needed to be named RASLegacy_Sound_V2 as you said.

Greg, on this New Year's Eve here near KATL I can tell you I am VERY appreciative.  Have a safe and happy New Year.  I really really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Now I'm very happy to have this little plane back working with my beloved GTN.  I simply won't fly a small plane without it.

Cheers!

Jack

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Well, I finally have it working.  I was getting .ini errors when I started P3D and pulling my hair out.  So I started all over again and used your naming convention, it really needed to be named RASLegacy_Sound_V2 as you said.

Greg, on this New Year's Eve here near KATL I can tell you I am VERY appreciative.  Have a safe and happy New Year.  I really really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Now I'm very happy to have this little plane back working with my beloved GTN.  I simply won't fly a small plane without it.

Cheers!

Jack

Happy New year Jack!

Glad you got it working. It was -8*F here in Maine when i got up this morning.

Greg

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Happy New year Jack!

Glad you got it working. It was -8*F here in Maine when i got up this morning.

Greg

 

Same to you Greg!

Woke here to 5F wind chill, very rare for Atlanta.

Hey, I just noticed your sig, Osh told me my favorite two helicopters, the 530F and the 407 are in beta.  Are you testing them?  They're the last two things I need to make my sim complete.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now