Sign in to follow this  
simbio

F1 GTN no import Flight plan

Just want to ask if I am the only one that is unable to import flight plan in F1 GTN 1.11 Garmin Trainer 6.21 using P3D 4.1 in W764.

Unfortunately, the support did not come to a solution on my side.

Maybe someone has some hint. 

Rapidely:

The very good planner LittleNavMap (free) have a export format file to gtn.

Place this file, in flight1 folder in the sim, in the gtn folder plan.

In gtn import the file, (see gtn documentation for how to do).

I had it workin with P3Dv4.0 and 4.1. before system upgrade. Will check when I am back at home. If I remember correctly, it is important that you have the correct format (I created GTN flightplans with Little Navmap).and it must be exported to the appropriate P3Dv4 / GTN folder. When you wnat import/activate you have to click through the GTN menu.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

In addition to Little NavMap, are there any other flight planners/apps that generate .gtn files??

mike

Plan G, least version, integrate a new export to the gtn.

Thank's for help but following all advice like, place a flight plan done with LittleNavMap inside \ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3D \ F1TGTN \ FPL, updating Garmin trainer to the last version didn't solve my problem.

I still can't get the magic button to show up.

Let me a few minutes to import one in mine gtn and I come back to you...

1 hour ago, orbmis said:

In addition to Little NavMap, are there any other flight planners/apps that generate .gtn files??

Check this out. Then read my posts in the Reality XP forum here on Avsim. Not touting either company's product with this post but I do not want to take the time to rewrite the posts just so they are here. The posts are about creating and saving flight plans for import into GPS models.  What I wrote was about three (3) real world flight planning web sites you may use.  All three provide export from their sites to Garmin FPL format for the Garmin GNS series, and at least this one I am linking writes to the GTN flight plan format.

https://www.iflightplanner.com/Blog/iFlightPlanner-Introduces-Garmin-GTN-Flight-Plan-Compatibility_484.aspx

Link to my posts on my experiences with the three sites:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522649-planning-and-importing-garmin-flt-files-into-rxp-v2-gns/#comment-3735847

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Sorry but the item menu (import in flight plan catalogue) seem to be no more there after the gtn upgrading to p3dv4...;-(

Have imported a lot in p3dv3, don't understand why ?

2 hours ago, ms2 said:

Sorry but the item menu (import in flight plan catalogue) seem to be no more there after the gtn upgrading to p3dv4...;-(

Have imported a lot in p3dv3, don't understand why ?

could you post STEP BY STEP how you try to import a plan. Assuming there is a plan in the proper folder you start the GTN750 and then:

??

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi vgbaron

In the previous version of gtn, procedure was:

- on gtn home page push on flight plan icon

- on flight plan page push on menu icon

- on this following page push on catalogue* icon

- on the catalogue* page select menu again...

and there "was" a import option with opening of the folder flight1GTN with access to your Pln files created by the flightPlanner....

and after importing the file wanted you haved the flight plan in your catalogue with often corrections to do for missing points in data of the gtn because differences with airacs of your flight planner.)

*What I don't remember precisely if this submenu for importing was under the catalogue icon or the store icon... this afternoon trying the two possibilities without result... ;-((

with regards

16 minutes ago, ms2 said:

often corrections to do for missing points in data of the gtn because differences with airacs of your flight planner.)

In reality the differences between datas was very boring because corrections to do in the exported file with a coming back in the planner... and back again to the gtn.

Now I prefer directly make the pln in the gtn directly and in the same time... I do mine pln in the flightplanner, so each one help the other to realise a perfect plan. The graphical edit in gtn is a wonderfull option in gtn to plan rapidely without typing.

Best is often ennemy of good... the export to gtn is "a best want" but... in practice often boring.

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Check this out. Then read my posts in the Reality XP forum here on Avsim. Not touting either company's product with this post but I do not want to take the time to rewrite the posts just so they are here. The posts are about creating and saving flight plans for import into GPS models.  What I wrote was about three (3) real world flight planning web sites you may use.  All three provide export from their sites to Garmin FPL format for the Garmin GNS series, and at least this one I am linking writes to the GTN flight plan format.

https://www.iflightplanner.com/Blog/iFlightPlanner-Introduces-Garmin-GTN-Flight-Plan-Compatibility_484.aspx

Link to my posts on my experiences with the three sites:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/522649-planning-and-importing-garmin-flt-files-into-rxp-v2-gns/#comment-3735847

Thanks for an outstanding write-up and review of each of the flight planning sites, and also of the iflightplanner app. They not only served as a review, but pretty much a tutorial on how to use each.

Great job again, and I'm sure many of us in the community will benefit from that post.

Mike

Probably stating the obvious here, but have you updated your gtn to the latest version?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

7 minutes ago, jalbino59 said:

but have you updated your gtn to the latest version?

Of course and the lost of import menu after upgrading !