Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Groundhandling in P3Dv4

Thanks, J J.  I'll give it a try.

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi again J J,

I should have asked if anyone had successfully used Rob's gauge in P3Dv5 VR.

I'm brand new to P3D5 and just discovering how popups appear in a huge size, right in centre of the windshield in VR.  I couldn't find how to move its position, and resizing it seemed to move it further into the distance, where the wretched white blob of a mouse cursor had no effect on the gauge.

If anyone knows how to properly manage popups in P3D5VR, I'd love to share their knowledge!

Regards, Jim

Edit:  Apologies.  I suddenly realise this message is 'way off topic.

Edited by jimh
off topic

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Where do I pick up the latest version ? Lastest on Avsim Library is dated 2017

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Hi all reading this thread,

First of all (given all the reactions in this thread, and many Emails I get) it's good to hear that there still is much interrest in keeping this freeware Groundhandling package (Pushback, Taxispeed and more, dating back to 2005) alive for P3Dv4/5.
Since I don't use P3D (although I'm actively following P3D/64bit developments), I'm dependant on your feedback because I can't test it myself.

Generally, the current public release (V6.0, uploaded as file rcbgh-60.zip) works fine in P3Dv4.* and P3Dv5.*
I have enough confimation on that ....

With two remarks:
1. Some highend addons (like some PMDG aircraft) don't like my speed commanding (for free-control Pushback and Taxispeed) via SimConnect.
That's  a matter of conflicting code / functionality between designs; sorry, I have no remedy for that.
2. It assumes that you install the package inside the P3Dv4/5 folder structure (in your main \gauges\ folder).
Has to do with path-references in my install instructions and soundfile searchpath's 

Now, I have made a small update package GHV6.1.
Which addresses the problem for some small aircraft tilting over at Pushback start (IMHO: a 'bug' in the flightmodels of those aircraft), adds a few other minor features, and makes it possible to install the package outside the P3Dv4/5 folder structure  ....

But I haven't uploaded V6.1 for public use (only available for people that contact me via Email), because I want to include a proper install description when you want to install GH outside the main P3Dv4/5, using the add-on.xml method.
Which appears to be common practice (and very logical feature) in P3Dv4/5.

My problem is this:
I have studied the P3D4/5 SDK on how to use the add-on.xml method, and made an example add-on.xml file, but some obscure reason it works for some people, but not for others.
As Juan (J.J.) said above, it works for him; and I have a few reports from other people that it works in P3Dv5 too (outside the P3Dv5 folder structure).
But not for a few other people;  so I'm lost as-to why-not.

No doubt it will eventually be cleared.... 

Cheers,

Rob Barendregt

On 7/13/2020 at 9:29 AM, rcbarend said:

Now, I have made a small update package GHV6.1.
Which addresses the problem for some small aircraft tilting over at Pushback start (IMHO: a 'bug' in the flightmodels of those aircraft), adds a few other minor features, and makes it possible to install the package outside the P3Dv4/5 folder structure  ....

Hey @rcbarend

I'll give it a go, atm I have it running in AC installed outside of the sim in custom auto discovery paths, albet with the main files in the P3D deefault Gauges folder.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

He last visited AVSIM yesterday at 5:14 PM, so the answer would seem to be "Yes" :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png