Sign in to follow this  
maxhades

What the hell

Just now, Keven Menard said:

You did not answer my question either... Can you explain to me why you need the A and S keys? I most likely have a solution for you.

Because Lockheed Martin designed it that way.

Jack Sawyer

Who talked about FSUIPC?

I thought that's where you might be going.  As a suggestion.

Jack Sawyer

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

Because Lockheed Martin designed it that way.

Well, ChasePlane was not designed that way, you can still use them but the order will not be the same as it was before for 3rd party aircraft compatibility reasons.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Just now, Jack_Sawyer said:

I thought that's where you might be going.  As a suggestion.

It was not in my 3 suggestions.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Well, ChasePlane was not designed that way, you can still use them but the order will not be the same as it was before for 3rd party aircraft compatibility reasons.

Unless you can bring back the S & A. functionality or explain it EXTREMELY simple you will have lost a customer forever.  And I thought this was the absolute BEST program after the Flight1 GTN!

Jack Sawyer

The suggestion I gave you here is a simple assignment in the default prepar3d system. If you are unable to use that with the description I gave you, there is sadly nothing I can do to help you on that matter.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

The suggestion I gave you here is a simple assignment in the default prepar3d system. If you are unable to use that with the description I gave you, there is sadly nothing I can do to help you on that matter.

I tried telling you I simply do NOT understand what it is I need to do Keven.  What part of that do you not understand?

How would I link this to the functionality of S & A!!!!!!!!?????????

Jack Sawyer

Why can't you have two different versions?

You do now, the non-experimental works perfectly with S & A.

So why not allow the CUSTOMER to decide if they want to use S & A or not?

Jack Sawyer

I brough up the view cameras list but have no idea what to do next.  What is X and how do I equate it to what I'm used to?

I need it to be a very simple, easy to follow explanation please.

Jack Sawyer

1 minute ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Why can't you have two different versions?

You do now, the non-experimental works perfectly with S & A.

So why not allow the CUSTOMER to decide if they want to use S & A or not?

Because if we do that we'll end-up with 23 versions to maintain and we really don't want to do that.

As I said, S & A should work but in a different order than before. Can you confirm that or does it not work at all?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Because if we do that we'll end-up with 23 versions to maintain and we really don't want to do that.

As I said, S & A should work but in a different order than before. Can you confirm that or does it not work at all?

In non-experimental it works just fine.

In experimental S & A are inop.  100% inop.

And this happened in mid-flight.  What a not-pleasant surprise.

Jack Sawyer

If you assign View camera 1 (select), when you press the button you will go to the On-Board (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 2 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Cockpit view
If you assign View camera 3 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Locked Spot view
If you assign View camera 4 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Top-Down view
If you assign View camera 5 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Static (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 6 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Outside (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 8 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Gimbal (ChasePlane) view

Also, have you tried to restart the sim? And ChasePlane? And as a last resort, your computer?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

If you assign View camera 1 (select), when you press the button you will go to the On-Board (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 2 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Cockpit view
If you assign View camera 3 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Locked Spot view
If you assign View camera 4 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Top-Down view
If you assign View camera 5 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Static (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 6 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Outside (ChasePlane) view
If you assign View camera 8 (select), when you press the button you will go to the Gimbal (ChasePlane) view

Also, have you tried to restart the sim? And ChasePlane? And as a last resort, your computer?

All I did was shut down the sim.   I have not restarted the PC.

Are you telling me that in experimental version it will now work in S & A?  Just by rebooting?

Please be clear here what you want me to do.  Do I reboot then go to experimental or non-experimental?

As for your list above what do you mean when I press the button?  If I press C1 on my yoke then it'll be assigned to Locked Spot and that only?

I don't know if you know this but the Saitek yoke has THREE modes.  There is a rotary switch on the back of the yoke that places the switches, (through the SST software by Saitek), in mode 1, 2 or 3.  Now in mode 2 is where I have all my views.  So C1 and C2 on the yoke in mode 2 are for views right?  In mode 1 they are for flight controls, spoiler deployment.

Now, if I do as you suggest it will override the functionality of my yoke completely.

Jack Sawyer

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Are you telling me that in experimental version it will now work in S & A?

I just tested the S & A keys and they work perfectly on my end. 

4 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Please be clear here what you want me to do.  Do I reboot then go to experimental or non-experimental?

Just reboot, maybe something has gone wrong in your system for this to happen mid-flight

5 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

As for your list above what do you mean when I press the button?  If I press C1 on my yoke then it'll be assigned to Locked Spot and that only?

Yes, this is exactly what I mean, otherwise, the S & A controls should still be working for that purpose.

6 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I don't know if you know this but the Saitek yoke has THREE modes.  There is a rotary switch on the back of the yoke that places the switches, (through the SST software by Saitek), in mode 1, 2 or 3.  Now in mode 2 is where I have all my views.  So C1 and C2 on the yoke in mode 2 are for views right?  In mode 1 they are for flight controls, spoiler deployment.

Now I know. As to how they work with P3D, that I don't so I can't help you with that.

6 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Now, if I do as you suggest it will override the functionality of my yoke completely.

Depends on what views you are trying to access. If you are using the same 2 views (outside of ChasePlane views) then it should not be a problem to assign those directly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

1 minute ago, Keven Menard said:

I just tested the S & A keys and they work perfectly on my end. 

Just reboot, maybe something has gone wrong in your system for this to happen mid-flight

Yes, this is exactly what I mean, otherwise, the S & A controls should still be working for that purpose.

Now I know. As to how they work with P3D, that I don't so I can't help you with that.

Depends on what views you are trying to access. If you are using the same 2 views (outside of ChasePlane views) then it should not be a problem to assign those directly.

Well, you must have done something in the last hour from 4.70 to 4.73 because now S & A work in experimental mode.

It's very simple.  The Saitek software lets me assign different keys to different switches on my yoke.  Depending on what more you're in.

Would it be easier if I sent you some screenshots of it?

The question is will S & A continue to work the proper way they do now in the final release?

Jack Sawyer