Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Flight Time 1h 65m?

44 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK, if you come up with a suggestion, let me know!

The P3D air temperature is the outside air temperature... probably don't want that at altitude..

could be chilly..

But at ground level it would be accurate. Then lose 3C for every 1000ft. But as I said it’s not important to me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But at ground level it would be accurate. Then lose 3C for every 1000ft. But as I said it’s not important to me.

Sent you something to try..

Bert

Cheers Bert. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

25 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But at ground level it would be accurate.

ISA = +15°C at S.L.

45 minutes ago, J35OE said:

ISA = +15°C at S.L.

Don’t see the relevance. We’re talking actual air temp. 15C in Dubai in July? Try 45C.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't understand why you would want to see the OAT in the cabin of the PC-12. It's not an open biplane.

24 minutes ago, J35OE said:

I don't understand why you would want to see the OAT in the cabin of the PC-12. It's not an open biplane.

I don't. I need to know, and be able to control, the temperature inside the cabin. A fixed temp of 23 is clearly wrong. The starting temp should be the outside air temp since no systems are on. It could range from -30 (Canada in winter) to +50 (Dubai in summer).

Once the systems are powered up then the displayed temp would drop to that set in the supplied controls. Altitude of aircraft is immaterial.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

But you do know that this is a 39.95USD add-on and not a study level sim.

2 minutes ago, J35OE said:

But you do know that this is a 39.95USD add-on and not a study level sim.

What I'm suggesting is hardly breaking new ground. Maybe Bert with his skills can turn it into one. Then send the bill to Carenado. :laugh:

What I am suggesting is what Carenado should have supplied in the first place. Not have a temperature control that doesn't work and a fixed temp of 23 irrespective of where you are.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

What I am suggesting is what Carenado should have supplied in the first place. 

That's not going to happen as such items aren't simply not intended to be featured in Alabeo/Carenado planes. 

Not their business model and their development schedule for a plane is only 45 days.

46 minutes ago, J35OE said:

That's not going to happen as such items aren't simply not intended to be featured in Alabeo/Carenado planes. 

Not their business model and their development schedule for a plane is only 45 days.

Well they shouldn’t have shown the temp display should they?

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Are you serious???

I’ve had enough of your input. You have contributed nothing to this discussion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

A reasonable compromise might be to say, OK the cabin temp will each 23 degrees, no more no less, BUT it would be nice to see the display start at outside ambient from cold & dark. Then as the climate control does its thing, one sees the display gradually change the numbers until the magical 23 degrees is arrived at.No gauge control, but perhaps an illusion of control.

The freeware Avanti I have in my virtual hangar manages this quite nicely with no illusion; the temperature is controllable. Yes, freeware...

Regarding the upper limit of 30 degrees, FWIW some modern cars have temperature readouts allowing you to select 30 degrees maximum - specifically my 2001 Land Rover Discovery 2 and my son's 2016 Nissan Pulsar Motability car. I would say that it isn't just a, "much colder at higher alts so we need the upper limit of 30 degrees Centigrade"

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I guess the only company that implement nicely details like this is A2A...

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M