Sign in to follow this  
Garbs

How to get AI Airliner Traffic in FSW!

On 11/21/2017 at 6:24 PM, rjfry said:

I have traffic 360 working in FSW have for sometime and flightbeam KIAD KDEN KSFO HD, screenshots on steam.

Also on DTG forum.

How did you get Traffic360 working? I'm unable too following the video above (converting for 360 instead of x).

James

8 hours ago, Phantoms said:

How did you get Traffic360 working? I'm unable too following the video above (converting for 360 instead of x).

First make a backup folder for FSW for your global scenery file if you screw up you have your backup, but if your short of space and FSW will not boot delete the global scenery file and on steam go through the verify integrity of game files it will reinstall the file, this is were steam comes into its own screw up a file delete and reinstall.

Traffic 360 you need FSX compile you traffic in FSX:SE then copy your ai file in the global scenery and past it in global scenery FSW, BEFORE you do rename the ai file in FSW or remove it to your backup folder this will remove all default traffic.

The size of your 360 ai file is down to you compile max in FSX it will be large be warned,

Now in FSX open the Just flight folder then \Traffic 360\AirportFacilities \Scenery now copy all the Bgl files then paste them in your FSW global ( Ai now have someware to go )

Now open simObjects in FSX then copy JFTaffic360 folder and paste in your simObects FSW folder (they are your AI aircraft ).

There will be a Fraps hit and there may be some strange behaviour of some ai you do this at your own risk please don`t blame DTG or FSW, I am willing to wait as long as it takes for DTG to get it FSW to the final build.

Meantime I will try anything in FSW at my own risk and CTD. 

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Now in FSX open the Just flight folder then \Traffic 360\AirportFacilities \Scenery now copy all the Bgl files then paste them in your FSW global ( Ai now have someware to go )

Thanks rjfry, I see where I was messing up.

I see that they are working on a new traffic program that's also suppose to support FSW (Traffic Global) and I may just wait on that.

James

Going to give this another go.

On 12/16/2017 at 5:50 AM, rjfry said:

First make a backup folder for FSW for your global scenery file if you screw up you have your backup....

Traffic 360 you need FSX compile you traffic in FSX:SE then copy your ai file in the global scenery and past it in global scenery FSW, BEFORE you do rename the ai file in FSW or remove it to your backup folder this will remove all default traffic.....

Are you referring to scenery/world/scenery?

Is there an edit required to the FSW.cfg file?

Also,not sure how this works but in my FSX scenery/world/scenery the traffic file is Traffic360.bgl, but in the FSX.cfg file the line is :SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\JFTraffic360

James

25 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Going to give this another go.

Are you referring to scenery/world/scenery?

Is there an edit required to the FSW.cfg file?

Also,not sure how this works but in my FSX scenery/world/scenery the traffic file is Traffic360.bgl, but in the FSX.cfg file the line is :SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\JFTraffic360

Yes I mean the World scenery there`s an ai traffic bgl copy that into the FSW scenery world file this will fill your airports with traffic 

Raymond Fry.

I'm still unable to get it to work. Here's what I've done:

(SWS = Scenery/World/Scenery)

Removed the default trafficAircraft.bgl file from FSW SWS

Copied Traffic360.bgl from FSX SWS to FSW SWS

Copied all files from FSX Justflight\Traffic 360\AirportFacilities\Scenery to FSW SWS

Copied FSX  SimObjects\JFTraffic360 to FSW  SimObjects\JFTraffic360

No traffic showing in sim. Tried my home airport of KSAV and also Atlanta KATL.

Next, I copied the line SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\JFTraffic360 from my FSX.cfg [Main] section to the FSW.cfg [Main} section.

Still no traffic showing at KSAV or KATL.

James

41 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

I'm still unable to get it to work. Here's what I've done:

(SWS = Scenery/World/Scenery)

Removed the default trafficAircraft.bgl file from FSW SWS

Copied Traffic360.bgl from FSX SWS to FSW SWS

Copied all files from FSX Justflight\Traffic 360\AirportFacilities\Scenery to FSW SWS

Copied FSX  SimObjects\JFTraffic360 to FSW  SimObjects\JFTraffic360

No traffic showing in sim. Tried my home airport of KSAV and also Atlanta KATL.

Next, I copied the line SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\JFTraffic360 from my FSX.cfg [Main] section to the FSW.cfg [Main} section.

Still no traffic showing at KSAV or KATL.

In FSW simObjects copy the content of JFTraffic360 into the Airplanes folder, when you start FSW you may get a gauge error pop up click cancel and you should be there.

Raymond Fry.

28 minutes ago, rjfry said:

In FSW simObjects copy the content of JFTraffic360 into the Airplanes folder, when you start FSW you may get a gauge error pop up click cancel and you should be there.

That worked (including all the gauge popups).Have AI now, but ATC lost it's voice (only text , no sound from ATC).

I think I'm going to revert to stock and wait for a proper traffic package to come out. Fly in the lonely skys until then.

James

I did say it`s not perfect as it`s not meant for FSW,  just a bit of fun and if you have trouble reverting back just delete the file and let steam replace it with a new one.

Hopefully Just Flight Global Traffic will be made compatible with FSW next year.   

Raymond Fry.

Raymond, I've noticed ATC doesn't seem to work when you're not in a flight plan (flying on more after completing a filed flight, not entering a destination in a flight plan, etc.) and this may have been what I experienced above. I may decide to try again in the future. It's just weird to hear or see no Commercial traffic while flying, taxing, etc.

BTW, for those asking about FPS. I have a pretty powerful system (7700K, 980ti) and FPS were not an issue at all though I don't know how it would be for a lesser system.

James

I don't think FSW uses the bgl file, at all.  I have the Ants Tiger Moth flying in FSW, and it is regularly being used as AI, as well, without my having touched the airtraffic bgl.  Moreover, I discovered this past week that the program is running a script for a Jenny, at least in the New Orleans area. That is, ATC is directing invisible Jennys both in the air and as ground traffic. (I've put a screenshot in a thread on the FSW forums). That gave me the idea of downloading the Project Jenny Jenny from the library here and dropping it, sans the panel folder, into the simobjects folder on FSW. It showed up as AI immediately. That made a light bulb go off, so I moved the FSX default C172, Mooney, Maule, Beaver, and DC 3 (first removing the panels) into FSW. The Cessna, Mooney, and the Maule are all being used as AI, but the game seems to be ignoring the Beaver and the DC3. As I said, I simply dropped them into the simobjects folder, nothing else.

When I was experimenting with TrafficX, I changed the .bgl file multiple times and it seemed to make a difference to the AI that was showing up. After importing the .bgl(s), FSW compiled scenery files and it did that for every new .bgl file that I put in. I have multiple AI aircraft flying that shouldn't be there unless FSW recognises the .bgl whenever I install another aircraft. Also, the DC-3 showed up as AI in my simulator. Did you modify the aircraft.cfg?