Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

Alaska Horizon Air College Q400's

Hi All,

Been a long while since I painted an aircraft but got the bug to paint up something for the Q400 and what started as "just 1" ended up with 10 paints. All the logos were converted to vector images in Illustrator and brought into Photoshop and the colors are the actual CMYK values found on many of the University's websites. A lot of information gathering went into this "little" project :-)

Here's all the tails I painted up and 9 of official liveries have been packaged up and uploaded to Avsim with 1 being left out so fingers crossed, it should be in the library tomorrow-ish given it's a holiday.

Enjoy!

f7WMUZK.png

Vk7cYhh.png

2C7crMw.png

tSfB8nB.png

pVXv6FX.png

hltd9kP.png

KsfOqMl.png

Xv02Y1R.png

ikjlBtS.png

This one was a personal project and not included in the upload. If anyone is interested I'd be more than happy to share it!

brpdH4r.png

• Upvote 2

Oh! That's you?  I just downloaded the Vandals paint and that's what I was using for the tutorial flight - great looking paint!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Ryan,

I don't think the package is available for download yet. If you just got the Vandals paint that must be someone else's :-)

Well I'm going to download yours... the vandals paint I have doesn't have the tail logo at night correct - it shares the default horizon livery hehe.

So thanks!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |