ssair1

Delayed AutoGen

Recommended Posts

Upon approach to LOWI, the airport doesn't load up 100 percent; only after touchdown. I've been researching this issue with P3DV4, so I guess there is nothing we can do about this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Though I think it is p3d bandwidth allocation problem for increased autogen than a slow hardware, reducing autogen radius to high lets it keep up with the scenery on my setup.

Share this post


Link to post

I've tried everything, it seems like this is an issue with P3Dv4, the only solution I've come up with is to change the time and wait for "everything" to reload, about 10NM away from touch down...

Share this post


Link to post

Could be your PC, what type of setup do you have?  I would take a look at the Avsim user guide for P3D.  A poorly optimized system could hamper performance.  

Share this post


Link to post

The only way to help is reduce to draw distance to nothing higher than "high" and that does not work all the time depending on location. The permanent fix is on LM's side to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

Could be your PC, what type of setup do you have?  I would take a look at the Avsim user guide for P3D.  A poorly optimized system could hamper performance.  

I have a fairly good system: i7 7700k OC 4.9Ghz, 1080 TI, 64 GB RAM @3200, 1 TB M.2 SSD. My graphics settings are mostly set to medium and high. I'm utilizing an AM tweak of 244, with some success in performance improvement. My monitor is an Acer Predator 34x, 100hz, G-Sync. 

Kind regards, 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, B777ER said:

The only way to help is reduce to draw distance to nothing higher than "high" and that does not work all the time depending on location. The permanent fix is on LM's side to work on.

Thank you, Eric. Yes, I've been reading up on this issue on some other forums and it seems that its LM responsibility to fix this CRITICAL issue! I mean come on LM, the approach and landing are what it's all about! 

Regards, 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ssair1 said:

I've tried everything, it seems like this is an issue with P3Dv4, the only solution I've come up with is to change the time and wait for "everything" to reload, about 10NM away from touch down...

This is exactly what I do. As soon as I start descending, I press Pause and wait for the autogen to catch up.

Share this post


Link to post

You might want to play with your settings in the sim. For example if your target frame rate is set to unlimited, you can try to lower it to 30, 35 or something like that. Unlimited frame rate gives perhanps better performance but can be a problem with the auto gen.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, hollow1slo said:

This is exactly what I do. As soon as I start descending, I press Pause and wait for the autogen to catch up.

That's a good tip. But sometimes it doesn't work for me; I have to change the time and wait for everything to reload, just to be sure... 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, kiki said:

You might want to play with your settings in the sim. For example if your target frame rate is set to unlimited, you can try to lower it to 30, 35 or something like that. Unlimited frame rate gives perhanps better performance but can be a problem with the auto gen.

Thanks, yes, my frames are already locked... 

Share this post


Link to post

An update, I set up project lasso and conducted one flight, but this time without any problems will keep everyone posted.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now