Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

P3D v4.1 TV/secondary monitor setup

I’m fortunate that I was was able to upgrade my flight sim setup to add a 4K TV. I am planning on using the 4K TV to display P3D and my normal computer monitor would be for utility tasks. Outside of P3D, I’ll do my computer work on the regular monitor. 

By default, P3D is opening on my main monitor. I can move it over to the TV, but the  the resolution is 1920x1080, not 4K. Same issue if I clone the displays. I have Windows 10 set to “extend the desktop”. It’s not seeming to make much difference if I set either one as default. I’m P3D settings I see a GTX 1070.0 and 1070.1. I can change the resolution for each, but it seems to always display P3D on 1070.0, which is the 1920x1080 monitor and locks me at that resolution. Thanks for any help. 

Eric Szczesniak

Have you set up the dual displays in the Nvidia control panel? You can specify which monitor is default there.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Can I set this to be Program specific? I’ve done the very quick setup in nVidia control panel. What is like to somehow do is for Windows keep my monitor as default (desktop basically), but set it so that some programs such as P3D, DCS, etc open on the TV as default. I’m not seeing how to do this. 

Eric Szczesniak

14 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

Can I set this to be Program specific? I’ve done the very quick setup in nVidia control panel. What is like to somehow do is for Windows keep my monitor as default (desktop basically), but set it so that some programs such as P3D, DCS, etc open on the TV as default. I’m not seeing how to do this. 

If they are both hdmi try swapping the cables around.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

39 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

You have to set the primary display in Nvidia CP, and all the programs are going to open there by default, unless they save the windows position on close, P3D for example does that, if you close it in the second monitor is going to open there next time!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync