Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

Buttons on joysticks creating screen shots on FSX-SE

As the titles states, several of my joysticks buttons will create a screen shot on Steam.  When I'm done with a flight, I'll have over 100 shots, and its annoying hearing the shutter every few seconds.  I've checked FSUIPC, LINDA, and in FSX itself.  Nothing is assigned to do that.  I've tried going into the Steam app to see if I can find assignments there and that site is like the twilight zone.  Any help would be appreciated.

Gnacino

Have you looked at your Steam settings?

Forgive me if you already know this. Load up Steam. Click on the Steam drop-down menu at the top left of your screen. There should be a settings option. That brings up a large list of things.Click on in-game. You can see if the Steam overlay is active in-game. You can also see if any keys are active as shortcuts for making screenshots; the default one is F12.

Hope this helps.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I have experienced several unwanted pics because I accidentally click the F12 key, I use a Logitech extreme.  I would recommend going into options and make sure you don't have the "F12" set for pics on one your buttons on your joystick. 

Just a though!

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you,

That did it.  I deselected the F12 and no more pics.  I don't know why my buttons on my joysticks wouild also click the pics.  Any way thanks.

Gnacino

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you solved the problem, Gnacino. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)