Sign in to follow this  
Ba002

A few observations

I am having a ball with my FO since you managed to bring him to life, Bryan, really appreciate it. The one thing I don’t like about FS2Crew is that it seems so awfully lonely without it that I will usually only buy aircraft with FS2Crew capability ;-)

I have noticed the following:

It seems to me that during the FO’s before start flow he pushes the TOGA buttons. However, since I am the PF I regard that as my duty and besides it is mentioned in my flow to set the panel. The result of the FO’s action is to delete the ALT SEL that I had previously selected. So I am not sure the FO should touch the TOGA button when he does.

As I understand it the FO should perform his parking flow after CL 1 is set to off. However I am unable to get him to work until the moment that I have also selected CL 2 to off. No major problem but it does kind of defeat the purpose of the split in flows and checklists in to and below the line so I would like to see my FO a little bit more attentive at this point :-)

I have noticed that quite often (somehow it seems not always, have been unable to correlate why) right at the start of the Before Start checklist the FO will switch from ELEC display to the Nav display, which makes it harder to reply to the Voltage challenge. At the end of the check list he will return to the Elec page. Since the Nav display is not uselful during the checklist I would prefer he left it in in ELEC. 

I am following the published flows.

To amplify: I have tried a few more first and thru flights and found the following:

The FO does indeed push the TOGA button during his Before start flow, and that does indeed cancel the ALT SEL selection if I choose to push the TOGA and ALT SEL buttons myself during my Before start flow to set the FGCP. No major issue obviously but I do think I should push TOGA, not the FO. This happens on both first and thru flights.

I have noticed that during his Before start flow the FO briefly switches from ELEC to NAV. In a number of cases he switches right back to ELEC but sometimes the display remains in NAV. I really am unable to put my finger on the reason why it does that sometimes. Obviously no major problem either but it does surprise me somewhat since all other display switches by the FO are consistently spot on.

The fact that the FO waits to perform his Parking flow until not only CL 1 but also CL 2 is set to off happens on both first and thru flights.

your not  confusing  the  term   toga  with the  ga  button on  the  throttle  quadrant   since  the  q400 hasnt  got  a  toga button like  the  pmdg  aircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I refer to the button on the throttle but you’re right, in the Q400 it is callled just GA rather than TOGA.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:22 PM, Ba002 said:

I refer to the button on the throttle but you’re right, in the Q400 it is callled just GA rather than TOGA.

This is what it says in my reference manual:

Before Start Checklist (FO Flow)

Flight Guidance Control Panel ... SET F

* Push GA buttons on Power levers and select/verify ALT Set

What I'll have the FO do is reselect Alt Set.