RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch X-Plane v2.4.12 Released

RXP, I apologize, I didn't use the correct Windows term in my previous post.  I was referring to the Windows 10 Title Bar. When the GTN 650/750 is selected, the white title bar appears.

Take a look at this picture.  The 650's title bar appears when the screen is touched and covers the bottom of the GTN 750 stacked above.  Otherwise, it looks perfect.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/39g75sqiocmklow/AACHuD5LbSMg6n8TZ2mudwPaa?dl=0

I understand it may not be possible but it would be great if we could somehow prevent the title bar from appearing.

Thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

@Scotto123 this is the title bar indeed! Unfortunately X-Plane is controlling how these are displaying when popped out. It seems there is no SDK provided setting to control this, on the other hand, the only setting is about adding a frame around the window with the same look and feel as the XPlane popped out map window.

Maybe you'd find a way to display an overlaying 'black rectangle' of some sort over the GTNs, like a black cardboard taped to your monitor, cutout to let show the gauges underneath? You'll loose bezel-to-bezel alignment, but this will mask-off the OS chrome title bar.

8 hours ago, VirtualFlyingFinn said:

I´m having the same problem that you cannot click the GTN 750 with the mouse if X-Plane is in fullscreen mode. When I use X-plane in windowed mode the GTN 750 works normally as a popout window. But if I switch to X-Plane "Full screen simulator" the GTN will not react to mouse input anymore. This happen consistently every time. It also happens when using the GTN 750 in non-popout mode.

I have X-plane version 11.11. Tried with Laminar Cessna 172 and Baron 58.

7 hours ago, RXP said:

@Scotto123 The menu bar is out of our control, it is the way XP11.1 displays popout windows. Now while writing this, I don't remember this to appear. I'm currently out of reach of any test computer but I'll try to see that later. Do you mean a menu bar right below the title bar, displayed like a typical File | Edit | etc... menu in its own row?

@VirtualFlyingFinn This must only be a XP11.11 peculiarity, maybe dependant on the video card? We have consistent working mouse fullscreen/windowed in all our tests, but I'll try to check something else just in case. Nevertheless, can you disable all your plugins but RXP's to cross check any possible conflict? It is very easy to do: 1) create a plugin.disabled folder at the same level of your plugin folder 2) drag and drop the ones you'd disable into this new folder. 3) to restore the plugins, drag and drop them back into the plugin folder.

VFF, sorry to hear you are having the same issue buy very glad to hear I am not alone. Jean-Luc, I did move all the plugins away and same result.I was not able to move XPLM and XPWidgets. The sim refused to start with out them?? I also downloaded the latest drivers for the GPU. I will keep testing and report back.

Also having the dead GTN problem.  Running XP 11.11  Multiple aircraft have same symptom.  Even tried with prior version of trainer.  License screen appears but the window will not respond to any click.

I was able to get the GTN to work by reducing my configuration to a single monitor.  The I added the other monitors with no problem  Changed the XP Main to a secondary monitor --> broken.   It looks like the XPlane Main monitor and the Windows 10 Primary monitor must be the same for the mouse clicks to been seen?

Hi trmii, this is an interesting finding and I'm wondering if this is a XP11.1+ bug, or an XP11.1 SDK bug, or just an RXP implementation and use of the SDK bug. It will be hard to further test this over the coming days due to the holiday season, but this is worth investigating more and I thank you in advance for your enduring patience. We might come up with special 'test' builds for you to test by then.

6 hours ago, trmii said:

I was able to get the GTN to work by reducing my configuration to a single monitor.  The I added the other monitors with no problem  Changed the XP Main to a secondary monitor --> broken.   It looks like the XPlane Main monitor and the Windows 10 Primary monitor must be the same for the mouse clicks to been seen?

trmii...you are right--and very smart--- multi monitors don't like the GTN series if the main monitor is NOT your windows 10 monitor. Thanks for the early Christmas present!  :)

I removed all plugins but still the same problem - GTN works only if X-Plane is in windowed mode (in "Full screen simulator" the GTN does not respond to mouse clicks). Luckily Flyinside XP works in windowed mode so I´m able to use the GTN 750 in VR as a window inside VR. Works very well there!

Got an i7 6700 (16 gig RAM) and GTX 1080 with Nvidia drivers 388.71. 

Everyone....I spent the day figuring out my issues. First, I use 3 separate monitors. Sometimes I do use all 3 in XP for full surround visuals. BUT, if I am only flying on 1 monitor, it MUST be the main monitor in XP and the #1 monitor in windows 10. Once I got this, all is fine. So, apparently Windows 10, XP11 & GTN need to learn to play nice together. :)..so for multi monitor set-ups, XP11=Main Monitor & Windows 10=#1 monitor in setup. 

Jean-Luc, thanks for your patience and wonderful support and thank you my friend for an absolute magical add-on to the sim. I am a RW pilot and this just makes my training that much more precise. Happy New year and keep up the great work in 2018.

• Upvote 1

Could anyone that uses VR confirm if one can interact with the RXP panels using the Touch Controllers in Native VR?

Thanks

I have not had the chance to try the beta version of X-Planes native VR since I do not own the Rift touch controllers. However, the following quote from Ben Supnik seems to imply that you cannot use RXP panels inside VR at this stage of the beta.

"We currently do not support external apps and windows. Sorry, you cannot watch The Patent Scam while flying your 737 in VR.  We do realize how useful it would be to have external windows but this will require more investigation." ( https://developer.x-plane.com/2017/12/x-plane-public-vr-preview-released/).

When not flying in VR (with Flyinside) I use my 4 monitor setup. Three monitors for external visuals and one for avionics (my main computer runs two external view monitors and the avionics monitor + a networked computer for 3rd external view monitor ). The avionics monitor is a touch screen and I was planning to use the GTN 750 on this monitor. But, as far as I have been able to figure out, I cannot use the touch screen functionality unless it is the main monitor in my setup (I dont know is this a Windows 10 restriction or something to do with the monitor itself). So XP 11 cannot be the main monitor in this setup.

So hopefully a solution will emerge that will enable me to use the GTN on my touch screen monitor. I am able to use the X-Plane native 530&G1000 on my touch screen, so a solution seems possible. The 530&G1000 are not ideal when using them on a touch screen whereas operating the GTN 750 on a touch screen would be as real as it gets.

Thanks dvlourie, Jean-Luc & others for your efforts. I think we are getting closer to a final solution step by step.

Thank you all for your feedback. Multimonitor and popout windows support just came in the latest XPlane SDK and there might be some more work to do on our end for supporting the various configurations, or it might be an SDK limitation as well.

We have a hard time during the holiday season to fully investigate, but I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this. I'm quite excited with all the things you are doing with our products though!

I only use X-Plane in VR (native VR release) so I was wondering if I can use GN 750 in VR with controller or mouse?  Thanks in advance!

Not yet. VR2 should be release any time now and it will have mouse support. Currently, if you have the Rift, you can interact with the GTN by bringing up your desktop view and tapping on the 2D window of the GTN. 

• Upvote 1