Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

PMDG C Series and MAX on horizon????

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Because neither are the number one aircraft developer - that's A2A. :biggrin:

You've got a point there:laugh:

12 hours ago, flightwatch said:

What iFly is doing has never stopped PMDG in the past.

They have never mean to stop PMDG or any developer. They work to being quality products to customers- not to please or stop anyone else. 

Same=   "What PMDG does never stops I-Fly."

11 hours ago, Skywolf said:

With all the Boeing vs Bombardier drama going on; one can assume the release of MAX will be of high probability.

PMDG has solid relationship with Boeing

Hardly any relationship. PMDG simply researches for data, gathers it, and put together a bunch of graphics.  Why they choose Boeing stuff? Because that's all they know how to work with. Want a real challenge? Ask them for an Airbus.. haha.. Good Luck!  

8 hours ago, regis9 said:

Sigh, of course they are since PMDG now looks to be doing one.

iFly frustrates me...their work is good - I’ve happily flown their 737 in fsx and 747 in P3D until switching to the PMDG versions on release - but I really wish they’d do something PMDG is not doing, like a 767 for example.  

No, PMDG has not announced they will be developing a MAX. And yes, I-Fly announced their development long before.  

7 hours ago, swiesma said:

I also hope PMDG starts working for free now :-)

Nobody works for free. But, also, there is no need to charge (or double charge) such exaggerated prices.  This all happened when several in the  simicommunity "innocently"   (innocently with quotations) posted  comments such as:

"Please take my money" 

"My credit card is waiting" 

"I will pay any amount for a PMDG product."

"They can charge anything they want; I don't care." 

When a business sees those kind of words, they WILL charge you high prices. It's like shipping water from Fiji and calling it "The earth's best spring virgin water." and charge you $5.00 for 12oz battle . Several "innocent"  people will flock and purchase it. But, in reality all what it is,  tap water gone. Anyway you get my point.  

3 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I really don’t get iFly either. It seems that every project PMDG announces, iFly aren’t too far behind in announcing theirs. No offense to them, but they aren’t really competitors with PMDG. Like Aerosoft to FSLabs.

Hummmmm, well you might be right to a certain point. Yes, PMDG's  better; but I-Fly 737 is no lightweight either. They made a fine product at half the price- that is a huge win.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Hummmmm, well you might be right to a certain point. Yes, PMDG's  better; but I-Fly 737 is no lightweight either. They made a fine product at half the price- that is a huge win.

Indeed it is, it's just not quite up to the level PMDG is at.

41 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Hardly any relationship. PMDG simply researches for data, gathers it, and put together a bunch of graphics.  Why they choose Boeing stuff? Because that's all they know how to work with. Want a real challenge? Ask them for an Airbus.. haha.. Good Luck!  

What? They have a relationship with Boeing, you can't build a plane to their standards without data. They include the FCOM in their products, something that isn't available on the internet and has to be obtained straight from Boeing. It is also officially licensed by Boeing, if that means anything. (Yes I know it's not that hard to get a license from them).

Please don't make inflammatory comments like this without hard and plentiful evidence.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

What? They have a relationship with Boeing, you can't build a plane to their standards without data. They include the FCOM in their products, something that isn't available on the internet and has to be obtained straight from Boeing. It is also officially licensed by Boeing, if that means anything. (Yes I know it's not that hard to get a license from them).

Please don't make inflammatory comments like this without hard and plentiful evidence.

John, the term "Licensed by Boeing" means no cooperation between Boeing and a developer . It simply means a developer made a phone call and asked Boeing if they can write their name on their product.. Boeing responded: "yeah, man.. no worries."  And, that's it.  This is not inflammatory.  

1 minute ago, joemiller said:

John, the term "Licensed by Boeing" means no cooperation between Boeing and a developer . It simply means a developer made a phone call and asked Boeing if they can write their name on their product.. Boeing responded: "yeah, man.. no worries."  And, that's it.  This is not inflammatory.  

Yeah, I know. Hence why I put the part that I know it’s it very hard to get that license.

2 minutes ago, joemiller said:

This is not inflammatory.  

The inflammatory part was accusing PMDG of “researching data and slapping together some graphics” and “all they know how to do is Boeing’s”. That part was obviously without evidence and, in my opinion, to inflame.

1 hour ago, joemiller said:

Nobody works for free. But, also, there is no need to charge (or double charge) such exaggerated prices.  This all happened when several in the  simicommunity "innocently"   (innocently with quotations) posted  comments such as:

"Please take my money" 

"My credit card is waiting" 

"I will pay any amount for a PMDG product."

"They can charge anything they want; I don't care." 

When a business sees those kind of words, they WILL charge you high prices. It's like shipping water from Fiji and calling it "The earth's best spring virgin water." and charge you $5.00 for 12oz battle . Several "innocent"  people will flock and purchase it. But, in reality all what it is,  tap water gone. Anyway you get my point.  

Without diving into their pricing policies, I’d argue that they are well within reason to charge their prices. RSR isn’t the type of guy to charge as much as we’ll pay just for the heck of it, there’s logic behind his decisions.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

The inflammatory part was accusing PMDG of “researching data and slapping together some graphics” and “all they know how to do is Boeing’s”. That part was obviously without evidence and, in my opinion, to inflame.

Hummm, is that your opinion? Ahhh I see.  Please don't inflame. That's bad for your health. :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

Without diving into their pricing policies, I’d argue that they are well within reason to charge their prices. RSR isn’t the type of guy to charge as much as we’ll pay just for the heck of it, there’s logic behind his decisions.

Sure

Just now, joemiller said:

Hummm, is that your opinion? Ahhh I see.  Please don't inflame. That's bad for your health. :biggrin:

I mean if you have evidence to suggest that is what PMDG is doing then by all means, share it with us.

Dont worry, I don’t inflame:laugh: