Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

PMDG C Series and MAX on horizon????

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

I am guessing you've never flown an iFly product.

I haven’t, no, but if they were then we’d be hailing iFly as PMDG but cheaper. I’m sure their products are great, just not up to PMDG level. Again, it’s sort of like Aerosoft to FSLabs. They both have great A320s, one just goes a lot deeper into the simulation than the other one.

26 minutes ago, Chock said:

You do realise iFly's FSX 737NG and their P3D one was released before the PMDG one, don't you? And if it makes sense for PMDG to create 737 MAX because they've done much of their development work for an NG, then the same is also true for iFly and anyone else who makes one, which is doubtless why Ariane are doing one too.

I guess my issue stems from them announcing in the same hour as PMDG hinting at them doing a Max. A 2020 timeframe indicates that it wasn’t already in the works, and was just being announced. Like when Wing Creation announced Haneda coincidentally right after FlyTampa did with no indication they would be doing it.

35 minutes ago, Chock said:

which is doubtless why Ariane are doing one too.

OMG there still alive. WOW! It's hard to believe :laugh:

Ariane ?

Ariane ?

who the xxxx is Ariane.................:laugh::laugh: you might ask? well dont both........:laugh:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Again, it’s sort of like Aerosoft to FSLabs.

You really do not know what you are talking about, especially never having flown an iFly product.

14 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

A 2020 timeframe indicates that it wasn’t already in the works, and was just being announced.

It certainly does not indicate that at all.

Just now, Greggy_D said:

You really do not know what you are talking about, especially never having flown an iFly product.

I’ve read reviews, watched videos featuring the product, and talked to friends who own it and they all say that PMDG’s aircraft are better. If they’re better than PMDG then why don’t we start calling iFly the #1 aircraft developer?

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

2020 over 2 years away. If they had started it, given they already have an NG as a base platform of sorts, then it shouldn’t take 24 months at best, 30 at the worst of their estimate.

2 hours ago, swiesma said:

Airbus only bought (the majority of) the C Series Program. Not Bombardier itself. 

All the C program is the survive of Bombardier if they don't succeed it will be the end. 

They have 360 orders for C series but for the Q and CRJ they only have 43 CRJ orders to deliver.

It's a little bit short for survive, they also have $31mm loss, so let's hope for them a good airmanship from Airbus.

4 minutes ago, simbio said:

They have 360 orders for C series but for the Q and CRJ they only have 43 CRJ orders to deliver

Still seems like a lot of orders for a regional jet manufacturer. Airbus only got 317 orders for the entire A380 program:laugh:

Order at the end are not money in the bank account and with $31mm loss is really difficult.

The whole 380 is a failure, everybody knows it or I am wrong? Is just debts for Airbus after all investment and delay.

9 minutes ago, simbio said:

Order at the end are not money in the bank account and with $31mm loss is really difficult.

The whole 380 is a failure, everybody knows it or I am wrong? Is just debts for Airbus after all investment and delay.

True, but it shows they aren’t on life support yet by having a solid amount of orders in the book. If they can make the C-Series profitable, that’s their golden ticket.

Everyone knows the A380 is a failure, including Airbus themselves.

6 hours ago, carlito777 said:

Exactly my thought, when I read that comment. ;-)

The max is almost a completely different animal, and would require a completely new FDE, preformqnce, avionics, and model.

8 hours ago, officercrockey said:

I don't know how anyone can assume that a C-Series could possibly come from PMDG. The chance is 0% and if you read RSR's post you can see that easily. Sometimes it is really funny to see how these rumors get out of control.

It's a long shot yes, but I'm not trying to spread rumors or fake news, I just posted this to get conformation of even the thought that PMDG would be looking to produce a regional jet. 😉

48 minutes ago, simbio said:

The whole 380 is a failure, everybody knows it or I am wrong?

You are partially right...but it just doesn't work that way. Math is bit deeper than that...

Alex 

38 minutes ago, Goalie70 said:

The max is almost a completely different animal, and would require a completely new FDE, preformqnce, avionics, and model.

??? Of course. That‘s why I made the comment. Guess you didn‘t understand it. But nevermind...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’ve read reviews, watched videos featuring the product, and talked to friends who own it and they all say that PMDG’s aircraft are better. If they’re better than PMDG then why don’t we start calling iFly the #1 aircraft developer?

Because neither are the number one aircraft developer - that's A2A, unless we mean numerically, in which case it'd be Carenado. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here