Sign in to follow this  
Goalie70

PMDG C Series and MAX on horizon????

I hope they focus on developing something useful like the Bombardier C Series instead of wasting time making the 737 Max which, except for new engines, is practically identical to the 737 NGs.

I'm curious to know what difference one will notice in the simulator between flying a 737 NG and a 737 Max?   I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

Dave

• Upvote 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

23 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I hope they focus on developing something useful like the Bombardier C Series instead of wasting time making the 737 Max which, except for new engines, is practically identical to the 737 NGs.

I'm curious to know what difference one will notice in the simulator between flying a 737 NG and a 737 Max?   I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

Dave

There is more too the Max than just engines. Have you not seen the new glass cockpit?  PMDG can focus and make what they want and charge what they want. We don't have to buy it if it's not what we want.  And I'm sure they will charge for the work they put into what ever is next, upgrades like a possible Max don't come free. 

• Upvote 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

24 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

Practically identical?  Have you seen pictures of the cockpit?  Or the new wing rakes?  I don't think we would see a lot of difference in the way it flies.  Better fuel economy, and of course the cockpit.  It would seem to be a logical step for PMDG to take since they have the foundation already with the NGX.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a PMDG C-Series.  PMDG hasn't been one to tackle foreign made airplanes...other than the Jetstream.  But that one was kind of a one-off for Robert.  We'll see though!!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joemiller said:

I-Fly is already working on a 737 MAX. Brand new , 64 Bit.

What iFly is doing has never stopped PMDG in the past.

21 minutes ago, joemiller said:

That's very nice, but... to be honest, the iFly doesn't give me the same atmosphere and immersion, as the PMDG NGX (and in time MAX) does. 

This is of course just my humble opinion. 

EDIT: Wow! iFly has projected that their 737 MAX is estimated first half of 2020 :blink:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

So...is this the project that "you (we) won't believe"?

I think the screen shot of the mail from Boeing kinda settles one question. The MAX will be cool, no doubt, and I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Wondering out loud: Is there any evidence of an updated NGX? Would this break the ice of the no upgrades policy? I find it unlikely, speaking for myself, that I would re-buy the NGX just for some cosmetic and performance upgrades... Do you think they'll do another classic in the near term?

Finished wondering...

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I don't know how anyone can assume that a C-Series could possibly come from PMDG. The chance is 0% and if you read RSR's post you can see that easily. Sometimes it is really funny to see how these rumors get out of control.

• Upvote 4

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

MAX is the hint that its either being developed, or this is one very big April fools joke in December and RSR and the PMDG staff are getting a kick out of all the wild speculations and stories that snowball into "fake news".  Or maybe a diversion from the real aircraft in development. haha

Personally was still hoping a 767 was being developed. The NGX while looking slightly dated is still an excellent model to fly today and as been mentioned the MAX is more about financial efficiency improvements than would be anything noticeable in our sim world.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

Sigh, of course they are since PMDG now looks to be doing one.

iFly frustrates me...their work is good - I’ve happily flown their 737 in fsx and 747 in P3D until switching to the PMDG versions on release - but I really wish they’d do something PMDG is not doing, like a 767 for example.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

main-qimg-d4225fbf19939f09144f607964e65b

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

52 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

main-qimg-d4225fbf19939f09144f607964e65b

Exactly my thought, when I read that comment. ;-)

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT