Goalie70

PMDG C Series and MAX on horizon????

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I hope they focus on developing something useful like the Bombardier C Series instead of wasting time making the 737 Max which, except for new engines, is practically identical to the 737 NGs.

I'm curious to know what difference one will notice in the simulator between flying a 737 NG and a 737 Max?   I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

Dave

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I hope they focus on developing something useful like the Bombardier C Series instead of wasting time making the 737 Max which, except for new engines, is practically identical to the 737 NGs.

I'm curious to know what difference one will notice in the simulator between flying a 737 NG and a 737 Max?   I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

Dave

There is more too the Max than just engines. Have you not seen the new glass cockpit?  PMDG can focus and make what they want and charge what they want. We don't have to buy it if it's not what we want.  And I'm sure they will charge for the work they put into what ever is next, upgrades like a possible Max don't come free. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

Practically identical?  Have you seen pictures of the cockpit?  Or the new wing rakes?  I don't think we would see a lot of difference in the way it flies.  Better fuel economy, and of course the cockpit.  It would seem to be a logical step for PMDG to take since they have the foundation already with the NGX.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a PMDG C-Series.  PMDG hasn't been one to tackle foreign made airplanes...other than the Jetstream.  But that one was kind of a one-off for Robert.  We'll see though!!

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joemiller said:

I-Fly is already working on a 737 MAX. Brand new , 64 Bit.

What iFly is doing has never stopped PMDG in the past.

21 minutes ago, joemiller said:

That's very nice, but... to be honest, the iFly doesn't give me the same atmosphere and immersion, as the PMDG NGX (and in time MAX) does. 

This is of course just my humble opinion. 

EDIT: Wow! iFly has projected that their 737 MAX is estimated first half of 2020 :blink:

With all the Boeing vs Bombardier drama going on; one can assume the release of MAX will be of high probability.

PMDG has solid relationship with Boeing

So...is this the project that "you (we) won't believe"?

I think the screen shot of the mail from Boeing kinda settles one question. The MAX will be cool, no doubt, and I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Wondering out loud: Is there any evidence of an updated NGX? Would this break the ice of the no upgrades policy? I find it unlikely, speaking for myself, that I would re-buy the NGX just for some cosmetic and performance upgrades... Do you think they'll do another classic in the near term?

Finished wondering...

I don't know how anyone can assume that a C-Series could possibly come from PMDG. The chance is 0% and if you read RSR's post you can see that easily. Sometimes it is really funny to see how these rumors get out of control.

• Upvote 4

MAX is the hint that its either being developed, or this is one very big April fools joke in December and RSR and the PMDG staff are getting a kick out of all the wild speculations and stories that snowball into "fake news".  Or maybe a diversion from the real aircraft in development. haha

Personally was still hoping a 767 was being developed. The NGX while looking slightly dated is still an excellent model to fly today and as been mentioned the MAX is more about financial efficiency improvements than would be anything noticeable in our sim world.  

4 hours ago, joemiller said:

Sigh, of course they are since PMDG now looks to be doing one.

iFly frustrates me...their work is good - I’ve happily flown their 737 in fsx and 747 in P3D until switching to the PMDG versions on release - but I really wish they’d do something PMDG is not doing, like a 767 for example.  

4 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Dave

main-qimg-d4225fbf19939f09144f607964e65b

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

main-qimg-d4225fbf19939f09144f607964e65b

Exactly my thought, when I read that comment. ;-)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

I also hope PMDG starts working for free now :-)

• Upvote 2

Bombardier has been bought by Airbus so it's not going to happen,  PMDG will stick with Boeing and there is plenty of room to fix and develop further.

The first release is the 748 then 737 MAX then 77X and maybe a fancy aircraft like it happen with DC6 but we will see first the old Jetstream J41.

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

I also hope PMDG starts working for free now :-)

I have a dream, that one day LoL

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbio said:

Bombardier has been bought by Airbus so it's not going to happen,  PMDG will stick with Boeing and there is plenty of room to fix and develop further.

Perfectly said. So no more C-Series wishes because it’s not going to happen. But of course there will be those that keep on hoping.

8 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I certainly hope PMDG doesn't plan on charging folks for this "upgrade", but I won't be surprised at all if they do.

You're kidding, right? :blink:

To be honest, I think you can be certain that they'll charge (and rightfully so, IMO). Also, I have a feeling, that a new 737 MAX won't be an upgrade, but a whole new product series. 

This is just guessing for my part of course... but I certainly don't expect them to develop this for free!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, simbio said:

Airbus only bought (the majority of) the C Series Program. Not Bombardier itself. 

38 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

You're kidding, right? :blink:

To be honest, I think you can be certain that they'll charge (and rightfully so, IMO). Also, I have a feeling, that a new 737 MAX won't be an upgrade, but a whole new product series. 

This is just guessing for my part of course... but I certainly don't expect them to develop this for free!

This.

2 hours ago, simbio said:

The first release is the 748 then 737 MAX then 77X and maybe a fancy aircraft like it happen with DC6 but we will see first the old Jetstream J41.

I have a dream, that one day LoL

77X is not even flying irl yet, so a sim version is extremely far off. I’d out my money on a 787 after the Max due to the Max having a lot of the same tech as the 787 and the -8 having a variant of one of the engine options available. That should keep them busy for a while.

I really don’t get iFly either. It seems that every project PMDG announces, iFly aren’t too far behind in announcing theirs. No offense to them, but they aren’t really competitors with PMDG. Like Aerosoft to FSLabs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Airbus only bought (the majority of) the C Series Program. Not Bombardier itself. 

Is irrelevant, either way developers have to pay royalties to Boeing and Airbus to be licensed to develop and sell any of their products for any simulator.

Bombardier is now part of Airbus and I imagine will follow suit.

Simbol 

6 hours ago, RichieFly said:

Wondering out loud: Is there any evidence of an updated NGX? Would this break the ice of the no upgrades policy? I find it unlikely, speaking for myself, that I would re-buy the NGX just for some cosmetic and performance upgrades... Do you think they'll do another classic in the near term?

No evidence that it would. As for the Classic, I doubt it. Maybe someone will buy QualityWings attempt and finish it. The NGX v3 won’t just be minor upgrades. The Max isn’t just going to be an expansion pack to the current NGX, it’s going to be a whole new product. Like their 747v3 is to their 747 v2. If they do in fact plan to revamp the entire NGX line, then we should expect it to blow the current one out of the water in almost every way. From performance (fps) to graphics, to features, to system simulation. It’ll all be improved in the Max.