Sign in to follow this  
BiTRiP

Key mapping for Battery Switch PMDG 737NGX

Hello,

I often fly in the dark and always use cold and dark panel but in the evenings it's so dark that it's hard to find the battery switch.

I would like to map that Battery switch to a key on the keyboard. How to do that? I can't find it in the key mapping menu in FMC.

I have FSUIPC if that is the way to do it.

Thanks,

BiTRiP

If it’s not in the FMC then I don’t think there’s a way to. Default sim key-bindings don’t work with much other than autopilot stuff in their planes.

If the FSUIPC batt on/off command does not function, maybe look into LINDA  commands. 

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

As Hubinwa said, LINDA is your best friend for your problem ...

You can find LINDA here.  Look in the download section for the latest version.  It works with all Sim's.

Once installed you can then add the PMDG 737 NGX-module into your LINDA-installation.

From there you can assign almost every button and switch in the virtual cockpit to your hardware.

Read through the manuals and the forum for more explanation, it's a bit hard to explain in 2 words here in the forum.

The mod's over there are very helpful if you are in problems ..

• Upvote 1

As a foot note I searched and found this myself wanting to use a rocker switch on my yoke to turn battery on and also dome light for those night flights.

In Linda the switch is located:

PMDG 737 NGX Module Functions.....

Overhead Electrics..

NGX Bat ON/OFF/Toggle

I recommend ON only as if you toggle it off by mistake bad things might happen!

For example turning battery off with APU running will immediately halt the APU (not sure if it is MEANT to do this but it does). So if you switch off by mistake and quickly on again you will need to start the APU again of you will drain your battery!

PS LINDA is indispensable for anyone using addon aircraft. Using it is as if you turning on your garage light suddenly after trying to fix your car in complete darkness. Everything under the hood is now visible!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

As you have FSUIPC installed, and I presume the SDK, all you need to enter into FSUIPC in the Buttons section, is the Event ID for the Battery, which is 69633 and 1 for the top Parameter and 0 for the bottom one. That's all I've done, never had a problem. 

Cheers

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

On 11/11/2018 at 5:07 AM, Freo said:

As you have FSUIPC installed, and I presume the SDK, all you need to enter into FSUIPC in the Buttons section, is the Event ID for the Battery, which is 69633 and 1 for the top Parameter and 0 for the bottom one. That's all I've done, never had a problem. 

Cheers

It's fine for me.

thanks a lot