Sign in to follow this  
AZJim320

Can't set views anymore.

I have lost the ability to set views using control numpad.  Of course I  checked the numpad button is on.  I even tried a different key board.  I had no trouble with this until a few months ago.  I was hoping the last Xplane11 updates would fix this but it didn't.  I even reached out to Xplane11 technical support but they had no answers.  I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if there is a solution. 

Thanks,

Jim

Have you checked the key assignment screen to make sure that the quick-views are still assigned to the numpad?

"They're pissing on our heads and they tell us they're pissing on our heads, but we say it's raining because we don't want to be labeled 'conspiracy theorists' ".

I was so hopping that would work.  Unfortunately it didn't. It shows quick view assignments are control numpad.  I even tried to reassign one of them.  This has been a  very strange problem.  Thanks Murmur I really thought that would work.

Works fine for me. I just tested in 11.11 by making several views in the default Baron. Are you trying in a plane that has its own custom view, perhaps?

Yes,please explain in more detail. Which airplane(s), and how you try to set the views. Maybe try to delete the keyboard preferences ( there is no need to reinstall everything, in worst case delete only the complete preferences folder buy you have to set up everything again.)

I just tested again with the Eclipse 550, which has views set up already.  I could change and save any of those views I wanted using ctl-num pad #.  I think maybe you have a conflicting mod (X-Camera?) or have unbound those keys, perhaps, in one of your profiles?

Well it is the same with all aircraft even default.  It started before X-Camera.  I actually got X-Camera because I started having trouble with setting views.  X-Camera was an alternative.  I had no problems for a long time, so it is not like I never knew how  set views but something must have changed somewhere, because it just doesn't work any more.  Just have to find out what changed.  

Yes.  But it clearly changed on your end. Hope you can track it down soon. 

Have exact same issue since a few patches ago, not found a solution as of yet

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

Well it is the same with all aircraft even default.  It started before X-Camera.  I actually got X-Camera because I started having trouble with setting views.  X-Camera was an alternative.  I had no problems for a long time, so it is not like I never knew how  set views but something must have changed somewhere, because it just doesn't work any more.  Just have to find out what changed.  

Thanks spam3d.  At least I know I am not the only one.  I guess whoever figures it out first can post the solution.

Well gents I too have the same problem on a new download I took , Yes they did work before, But now they don't . So Its not operator problem but XPlane 11 game .

I see other place having same problem on the forums.

Tks Rangerdale 

When you upgrade X-Plane or fly a new plane you may have to set up your views again.

Well gents thanks for the info replies, BUT No help ! I check on the keyboard in views area down the list , and there are the quick views as they should be showing save and memorize CTRL showing..Yes All number Pad keys . Well at 78 yrs old My time is better served on MSFS 2020 . Do thanks all in the efforts all made, someone does care , notice XPlane making no statement at all .Lot of other people wondering also other then here .

• Like 1