Sign in to follow this  
Rimshot

Realair Duke v2 Piston in P3D v4

On 1/6/2018 at 11:13 AM, ddawson said:

It may be more work than most users are inclined to put into it, but you can edit the configuration file for the sound gauge to use explicit paths for the sounds, something like:

Sound00=c:\p3d_aircraft\RealAir_Duke\panel\sound\KEYPRESS_ANNUN.wav, -200

You can do the same thing with the panel.cfg entry for the gauge:

gauge21=RealAir_Sound_x64!Sound, 1,1,2,2, c:\p3d_aircraft\RealAir_Duke\panel\Sound\RASDukeTv2_Sound.ini

The reason outfits like RealAir don't do that is that they can't know where your FS installation will be.  You of course do know that, so, if you wish, you can make the edits to the configuration files to include the specific path references.

The examples above are just that, examples.  You will of course need to modify them to reflect the paths where the files are actually found on your computer.

Doug

Hi Doug,

Is it possible to reduce the volume of some sounds (such as flaps) with a sound.ini file?

Thanks.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Hope this is not the total end of realair. T Duke and the Legacy are the only planes I fly. Guess I can never uninstall p3d. Lol. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Hi Doug,

Is it possible to reduce the volume of some sounds (such as flaps) with a sound.ini file?

Thanks.

Jose

Yes,

See my response in the BN-2 thread, here:

The only caveate is that sound volume can be controlled dynamically with gauge code,  so the volume you choose may possibly be overridden by the xml gauges or xml code within the aircraft's VC.

Doug

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ddawson said:

Yes,

See my response in the BN-2 thread, here:

The only caveate is that sound volume can be controlled dynamically with gauge code,  so the volume you choose may possibly be overridden by the xml gauges or xml code within the aircraft's VC.

Doug

Thanks Doug.

I took a shortcut and just lowered the wav files with my audio editor. Sounds are better now!

On 8/20/2018 at 1:00 AM, ETNWHVAC said:

This might be something that happened recenty but I can't longer Install the Piston Duke on any Simulator. The Installer tells me I'm not connected to the internet. I sure know I am but it will not go foward from there I'm afraid RealAir might have shutdown the activation servers. I sent an Email to RealAir and is been a while now without response. I hope i'm not left with a Installer that won't ever work again.

Your prayers have been answered. A new installer coming soon.

• Like 1

Update!!! I got an answer from RealAir and was prodided with a new installer that allows Installation into P3Dv4 outside the root folder with an updated 64bit sound gauge and the typo that made the left landing gear not deploy has been fixed.... So that is that. Sean explained to me that once enough people confirm to him that the installer does work properly he will provide a link to the website for download. It works great I almost shed a tear...I love this bird!!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, ETNWHVAC said:

Update!!! I got an answer from RealAir and was prodided with a new installer that allows Installation into P3Dv4 outside the root folder with an updated 64bit sound gauge and the typo that made the left landing gear not deploy has been fixed.... So that is that. Sean explained to me that once enough people confirm to him that the installer does work properly he will provide a link to the website for download. It works great I almost shed a tear...I love this bird!!! 

Glad to hear! I also confirmed that it worked. 😁

• Like 1

it's available now.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's