Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre6463

Looking for a new plane

Just look at the engine parameters. They are always identical. That is not the case in real life. 

Jos

8 hours ago, beep747 said:

The only thing I regret is the fact that even the Majestic dash 8 pro version (one of the best aircraft simulations ever) has just one engine simulated. The second engine is just a perfect copy of the first one. Kills the immersion quite a bit. 

Jos

Fadec doing it's job. Try pulling the power lever back like I just did on one engine and watch the readings on that engine only change.  I dislike misinformation posted as fact. 

• Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

In answer to a question in the Majestic forum concerning the engine parameters being always identical, Crosswynd replied in March 2017: There are no guarantees that what you are asking will be addressed, but this is something that may be able to be further investigated after completion of the Q400 project which is a higher priority at this time, bear in mind that because other developers have done something it does not mean that we will follow suit.

I don’t try to post misinformation. I love this aircraft, but when using both throttle levers simultaneously, the engines always show an identical readout. At least in my case and  some others they do. As the developer stated, maybe some differences between the two engines will be applied at some stage.

Jos

2 hours ago, beep747 said:

In answer to a question in the Majestic forum concerning the engine parameters being always identical, Crosswynd replied in March 2017: There are no guarantees that what you are asking will be addressed, but this is something that may be able to be further investigated after completion of the Q400 project which is a higher priority at this time, bear in mind that because other developers have done something it does not mean that we will follow suit.

I don’t try to post misinformation. I love this aircraft, but when using both throttle levers simultaneously, the engines always show an identical readout. At least in my case and  some others they do. As the developer stated, maybe some differences between the two engines will be applied at some stage.

Jos

Read this thread all the way down. http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/3406/identical-engines

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, beep747 said:

Jos

There is some truth to this.

I've never looked, but is there an airliner that creates two independently fully modeled engines in FSX/P3D?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

30 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There is some truth to this.

I've never looked, but is there an airliner that creates two independently fully modeled engines in FSX/P3D?

A2A Connie has 4 of them. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

A2A Connie has 4 of them. 

Yeah, but we're talking about a far different type of aircraft there Bob, without nearly the overhead.  Still, rgr that.  Anyway,  I was talking about PMDG, FSL, etc.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

@DaveCT2003, PMDG 744 usually gives me slight different engine parameters, especially the EGT can vary (but even the pressure ratio, as evidenced below) :)

TmlBxqi.jpg

And in terms of complexity, The Queen is a total different beast than the Q400. I love them both, but the Jumbo has the edge in my books. The automation that goes on under the hood in different systems (which we simmers rarely are aware of) is just mind blowing. Off course being a much more advanced aircraft than the Q in the real world, naturally translates this sentiment into the FS world as well.

Don't be fooled by the Thales avionics in the Q400 and the magic box which is the Universal FMS, she is still a design from the late 70s, early 80's, that made its way into the Q400 b/c bean counters at Bombardier decided to put some make-up on a pig. But it doesn't matter- it is still a pig (which has an ALT SEL button(!)...)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Yeah, I can't say for 100% sure, but I'm pretty darned confident that PMDG does exactly what I would do, inject a very small varible in the math which results in minor differences in the engine. The likely reason why it wasn't implemented is something to do with the Training version.  I'm sure folks understand that the base line the same between the models has to be kept, otherwise changes and updates can go very badly and result in delays while we fix things that weren't intended to be effected.

I'm supposed to have a sit down sometime soon, and I'll ask the Boss about it, but he's truly a genuis and if he's not done it already then I'm sure he had his reasons.  But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Remember thought, it's a simulation, and where the engines are concerned it's a simulation of a simulation and what you see is a lot of smoke and mirrors (well, hopefully not smokes!).

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

The engines are separately simulated on the Majestic Q400, if you cut the fuel off on engine 1 you will find number 2 continues running!

What is meant is that they use an identical simulation for each engine, rather than having some slight randomness injected to some of the engine values such as oil pressure, EGT etc. If it's really important to you, calibrate one of your throttles very slightly differently to the other in the MJC84 CPAN and you'll get the minor variance you seek.

@SAS443 That's a bit harsh, the cockpit is still in the late 70s for some of its system functions because of the common type rating, not just because of accountants. The 737 is the same, it's stuck with an awful overhead panel and central warning system from the 1960s.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 hour ago, ckyliu said:

The engines are separately simulated on the Majestic Q400, if you cut the fuel off on engine 1 you will find number 2 continues running!

What is meant is that they use an identical simulation for each engine, rather than having some slight randomness injected to some of the engine values such as oil pressure, EGT etc. If it's really important to you, calibrate one of your throttles very slightly differently to the other in the MJC84 CPAN and you'll get the minor variance you seek.

@SAS443 That's a bit harsh, the cockpit is still in the late 70s for some of its system functions because of the common type rating, not just because of accountants. The 737 is the same, it's stuck with an awful overhead panel and central warning system from the 1960s.

Some are more concerned about things like a piece of lint on one of the flight deck seat covers than they are about how great the aircraft flies.....:cool:

Guest Mik75
24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some are more concerned about things like a piece of lint on one of the flight deck seat covers than they are about how great the aircraft flies.....:cool:

Yeah, and that’s totally fine! As long as they get some enjoyment out of that, it’s more than legit, right? There is no such thing as THE ONE truth, THE WAY to enjoy your sim! ;-) And I’ve even heard about people, who can’t do anything with flight simming at all! ;-) And nothing is really „flying“ when we sit in front a flat monitor. (VR is a totally different thing here, as it can truly bring the sensation of flight). We get immersed, and that can be done in multiple ways...

It‘s always difficult with questions like these. Ask them, and you’ll get so many different „truths“/answers. 

To be honest, I have been rather spoiled by the PMDG planes. In addition to the excellent FMC in the 737NGX and 747-400, I also love the relatively large and clear navigation displays, the neat and tidy MCP, and the fact that absolutely every setting is retained when I save a flight. This latter feature is now mandatory for me. I like to set up my next flight by programming the flightplan in the FMC, and adjusting all the settings/displays/flap position/trim/autopilot etc in advance, and then saving the scenario, so that when I decide to make that flight, I can request taxi instructions and pushback immediately. I also currently limit my cruise altitude to 5000 feet (and cruise speed to 240 knots) so that I can enjoy the scenery during my flights, and I also generally fly direct between waypoints.

The point here is that I do not need to follow real world procedures to the absolute letter. If the aircraft is unable to do something that I want it to do, then it will let me know soon enough :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

To be honest, I have been rather spoiled by the PMDG planes. In addition to the excellent FMC in the 737NGX and 747-400, I also love the relatively large and clear navigation displays, the neat and tidy MCP, and the fact that absolutely every setting is retained when I save a flight. This latter feature is now mandatory for me. I like to set up my next flight by programming the flightplan in the FMC, and adjusting all the settings/displays/flap position/trim/autopilot etc in advance, and then saving the scenario, so that when I decide to make that flight, I can request taxi instructions and pushback immediately. I also currently limit my cruise altitude to 5000 feet (and cruise speed to 240 knots) so that I can enjoy the scenery during my flights, and I also generally fly direct between waypoints.

The point here is that I do not need to follow real world procedures to the absolute letter. If the aircraft is unable to do something that I want it to do, then it will let me know soon enough :wink:

I flew PMDG exclusively for about a year and a half. I finally realized that I was totally bored with the automation and sitting watching the aircraft fly itself. Felt like I was watching paint dry. Haven't flown my PMDG aircraft in over a year at least. 

....and that's great! However, I am still keen on getting the PMDG 777 to complete my PMDG Boeing collection :biggrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png