Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

AS+ASCA+ENVTEX+SP insane!

I took the dog a walk this morning up a hill and notice how clear the skies were. But when I looked over past the power station the weather changed at the airport EGNX. So clear skies north of it and from the airport itself it changed to very soft grey clouds.

I thought there is no way a weather engine or P3D is going to draw clear skies to the north and be able to draw these very soft grey clouds and have that point of change over the airport. 

Got home and I was gobsmacked at what the combination of AS+ASCA+ENVTEX+SF brings us.

egnx1.jpg  

egnx.jpg

If I had taken photos they would have been just as you see above. Insane! I wish I had taken them to show you.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It is amazing for sure, I live next to the approach of my home airport, And what I saw out the window, was what I saw in the sim. You have to experience it to believe it.

There is a Provence, north of here called the Canterbury Plains, and mostly in Spring, but sometimes through the year, it gets a cloud formation called the Nor' West Arch. The clouds are layered like pancakes, and formed in an arch. An American Airlines Captain who was visiting NZ on holiday, commented to me that he had never seen cloud formations like it, so if SF can replicate that, that would be phenomenal, as no weather addon has ever been able too.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

5 minutes ago, 0Artur0 said:

ASCA and SF.. how does that work?

I use ASCA with ENVTEX for Sky textures nothing else.

It's in my sig below.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi David, 

Does using all those addons at the same time has a toll on CPU ? Especially if you combine the buggy Fslabs A320...

Roi Ben

I don't find the FSL buggy and as long as I keep them all of core 1 then no Roi. All's good.

One of the things I notice about AS is that it will still put clouds in when the METAR says clear skies. I took a quick flight out of Tampa yesterday and popped my head outside and there was not a cloud around for miles, but when I fired up the sim, clouds here and there. Does SF account for this? Looks like clear skies in your first screenshot. 

54 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I don't find the FSL buggy and as long as I keep them all of core 1 then no Roi. All's good.

Gr8. I meant buggy as its completely not optimized like other top airliners addons... but thats another disscustion.

Roi Ben