Sign in to follow this  
GregC

What's next for PMDG?

1 hour ago, Paul_Smith said:

Slagging the competitions products is (or at least used to be) against forum policy and I am quite surprised that the moderators have let it get this far.

There's a difference between sharing an opinion and 'slagging'. Mind pointing to the offensive post? As it stands, the only ones I'm seeing are opinions that the qualities aren't on the same levels. I'd hardly consider that to be slagging.

I love me some In-n-Out Burger, but it isn't really the same quality that you're going to get by going to Duke's here in DC and getting a Proper Burger. I can't love both? Noting In-n-Out isn't the same quality means I'm slagging it? Hardly.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I love me some In-n-Out Burger, but it isn't really the same quality that you're going to get by going to Duke's here in DC and getting a Proper Burger.

There is a fine old dinner at David Wayne Hooks Airport (KDWH) just west of KIAH.  Busy private airfield with FAA Tower and I've seen USAFR C-17s stop by for lunch.  Wanna know where the good hamburgers are?  Find the airports that the Reservists will fly to on their duty weekends.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

So now we're using burgers to compare 787's?

You cousins across the pond crack me up.

My dad always used to say that the hardest and loudest he ever laughed was when business took him state side. He loved you guys a lot. And I do too.

Now, can we get back to the matter in hand which is when are we going to be able to turn the batteries on in the PMDG 787?

3 hours ago, ganter said:

Now, can we get back to the matter in hand which is when are we going to be able to turn the batteries on in the PMDG 787?

Or when is Kyle going to sneak another peek into his forum sig image again as a teaser...

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

There's a difference between sharing an opinion and 'slagging'. Mind pointing to the offensive post? As it stands, the only ones I'm seeing are opinions that the qualities aren't on the same levels. I'd hardly consider that to be slagging.

I love me some In-n-Out Burger, but it isn't really the same quality that you're going to get by going to Duke's here in DC and getting a Proper Burger. I can't love both? Noting In-n-Out isn't the same quality means I'm slagging it? Hardly.

Now I'm going to have to try Duke's, next time I visit DC. ;)

Sante Sottile

I followed QW's development on their 787 for a long time, and I bought the aircraft the day it came out. It's certainly not bad. Pretty good actually. But the thing is, I stopped flying it after two weeks. There are a lot of great things about the QW 787, but it just doesn't feel the same as when flying something by PMDG. The QW 787 has things missing, or not working as intended, that PMDG have incorpated into their aircraft near flawlessly. I'm so used to the quality and detail PMDG has put into their aircraft that anything less just doesn't feel enjoyable, sometimes frustrating, even if the aircraft (like the QW 787) is actually pretty darn good for the sim world. Take, for example, the ability to put TESGA270/20 into a PMDG FMC. I often use that to help plan circling approaches. I can't input that in the QW 787. At least, it hasn't worked when I tried.

Maybe I've been spoiled by PMDG. Who knows. But I honestly think that if PMDG made a 787, it would sell as if the QW 787 wasn't even a thing, simply because it's PMDG and the 787 is a popular aircraft.

• Upvote 4

On 1/17/2018 at 3:59 PM, Ephedrin said:

I am sure you have noticed that everyone is having fun in here and nobody takes it too serious... 

The good thing about a forum is, nobody has to click on certain threads

so happy that someone finally mentioned it . really . people are having fun . no one is forced to open and read it . it is called freedom I assume. so if some one is not happy with that , just do not open it . we are talking over a table with fun words to make ourselves happy. why people come over and ruin it in anyway ? i can't understand them !.... 

nice comment by the way Ephedrin.

Regards. 

• Upvote 1