Sign in to follow this  
fernandito1969

Crew Messages during Pre-Flight

Hi Bryan;

Currently utilizing the latest PDMG 747 for (Prepard 3/4v) with FS2 Crew. Just curious about Crew messages heard for the cabin. Currently taking place in my system it's that once activating the 60 minutes of the "Preflight Events" countdown, on Minute #6 the FA gives the passengers the "Safety information of the aircraft Review" and then at minute 5 "Onboard Welcome". Is this the correct order of events and if not correct, any remedy available to correct it?

Hi,

I'm not sure what the "Safety information of the aircraft review" is.

Are you sure it's coming from FS2Crew and not some other addon?  I suspect it is.  Is the voice the same?

First FA PA (from FS2Crew) you should hear is at plus 5 minutes.

Hi Bryan;

Thanks for the recommendation on Prepard, its absolutely better than FSX and loads faster in indeed plus better scenary. The announcement sounds in the cabin from the FAs reads the "safety card that its found on the seat pocket", and goes on to explain the used of seat belt, oxygen bags, doors..etc, usually heard during pushback in real flight. This takes place at minute #6 and then at #5 "Welcome onboard and Locate your assigned seat...etc". I have the 737 & 777 FS2Crew as well but for FSX PDMG file only so I am not aware of having any other programs that will generate that message. The Voice it's the same.  

Okay, I see what you're doing (I think).

The "Safety Card" PA is triggered when you announce the engine start sequence.

You should only announce the engine start sequence right before engine start, and that would be after the pre-flight events have been completed.

Best,

Nailed it Bryan, You are the Hombre..thanks!:biggrin:. Problem solved, :huh:however ran into another problem with FS2Crew. During the push back and engine start sequence I have lost FO audio respond. Set at "Non-auto" engine start sequence, I stated "start sequence its of 4, 3, 2, 1, got a check by the FO then at start engine 3 FO replied start engine 1&2, I repeated "start engine 3" and got no further response after. I then opened the audio page on the panel and pressed the (Reset Audio System) L9 displayed in RED color and nothing it's heard. It's there an additional function to be done before on the radio panel to work correct and fix the problem?...kind of what you must do to have "Ground Comms" by activate the Flt button on the radio which makes the panel options appear in white color letterings...

FR   

Ops!!..:huh:..did not focus on the green bar at the moment Bryan, however on previous flights I did not had that problem at engine start sequence and so far the text on the green bar it's visible. Now same thing has occurred on three previous flight were the FO audio response has stops and I have not being able to reset or recovered at the audio panel. During that particular flight that I lost the audio response at E start sequence, I did continue with the entire flight to see what would happen until landing and park at the gate and noticed that the FO took action at each step. I did keep an eye on the changing text on the FS2 Crew panel all of way to shutdown checklist. Only deficiency so far, no audio response and not able to reset. Additionally, I also forgot to mention that at the start of the preflight events at 60m, you hear audio saying "Ok lets set up" or close to that. That sound has also lost at previous flights but got audio response for the remaining time. Looks to me like I should uninstall FS2Crew and reload it again.....would that be the correct course of action?   

"Additionally, I also forgot to mention that at the start of the preflight events at 60m, you hear audio saying "Ok lets set up" or close to that. That sound has also lost at previous flights but got audio response for the remaining time."

That was removed from Voice Control in Version 1.1 since people didn't want to hear the Captain talking (because they are the Captain).

If you're losing audio, update your audio drivers and ensure your USB port (hub) is not going to sleep if using a USB headset.

Hi Bryan;

Got on the phone with some techs from HP Smart help and assisted me to update the audio drivers and test the ports connections. I have just completed a full 4 hour flight and again I have lost FO response after the "Before Taxi Chklist" was completed, however, the program it's still responding for I can see and hear on the cockpit. The text at the green bar it's visible and correct and you can see on the panel the switch of the next events changing. So far all the way to landing, taxi, shutdown, and the "Secure Checklist" the FO took action but no audio response its heard. I keep thinking about that audio page L9 "Reset Audio System" in red letter. I am curious if they supposed to switch color or become active by an another action but what action?:blink:.. 

FR 

HP Tech, rent a nerd, geeks to go, etc., will be useless in these types of situations.

1. Did you try updating your audio drivers?

2. Are you using a USB headset?  If so, which port is it plugged into?  Try a different port.

If you are not using a USB headset, I suggest getting a generic no-name brand one.  They're better than audio jack type headsets.

I don't know if the tech did correct the drivers update, but so far sounds works good..lol:biggrin:. I am currently using a Jabra USB headset and have it connected on a USB port on the front of the tower. I will switch it to one in the rear area and see what happens and send feedback. Thanks