Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Missing Radar Frame/Bezel/Whatever You Call It

Hey gang, weird problem here. 

I have tried to figure out what is going on, but I have a MISSING radar bezel in the Moo and Lear in v4.1. There's just a gaping black hole there  (keep it clean, fellas, lol).

If I use the popup, I can turn on the radar and the screen (where the gaping hole is in my panel) lights up and functions correctly, but I can't see the knobs (do the puns never stop?) or the frame/bezel that should be modeled in the panel.

Has anyone got a clue about how to fix that or what may have caused it? 

Many thanks!

Hey gang, weird problem here. 

I have tried to figure out what is going on, but I have a MISSING radar bezel in the Moo and Lear in v4.1. There's just a gaping black hole there  (keep it clean, fellas, lol).

If I use the popup, I can turn on the radar and the screen (where the gaping hole is in my panel) lights up and functions correctly, but I can't see the knobs (do the puns never stop?) or the frame/bezel that should be modeled in the panel.

Has anyone got a clue about how to fix that or what may have caused it? 

Many thanks!

Very odd this would be the case in both aircraft. Do you have the latest approved P3Dv4.1 version of the radar (12Dec17 update) from Rex simulations?

I don't have P3D, but a friend does and he doesn't have this issue.

Al

I have the latest version of the WX radar and have the "blank" area in the VC of the Moo.  Like rightseat, I use the popup to turn on the radar and adjust the settings, but the instrument itself is not visible in the VC.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

5 hours ago, rightseat said:

Yup, I just double-checked, and I do have the latest version.

Did you have both the latest version of the a/c and the latest version of the WX radar when you did the install into P3Dv4.1?  Do you have any other a/c in P3Dv4.1 with a good VC WX install?

It might be worth taking a look at the panel.cfg file (I assume P3D has that) where the WX radar is entered. Maybe someone with a good install of the WX radar in the L35A in P3Dv4.1 could post what that panel.cfg file entries looks like for you to compare to.

For example, here is what I have for FSX.

This is the popup entry:

[Window03]
ident = 71
visible = 0
sizeable = 1
size_mm = 419,381
position = 0
window_size = 0.343511450381679,0.556719107690809
window_pos = 0,0
gauge00 = MV_WX!WX2D,0,0,419,381,1
gauge01 = MV_WX!WX,64,121,291,205,1
gauge02 = CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR W4,  80,130,260,170

And this is the VC entry:

[Vcockpit37]
Background_color = 0,0,0
size_mm=512,512
visible=0
pixel_size=512,512
texture=$MV_WXM
gauge00=MV_WX!WX,  0,0,512,361
gauge01 = CONTROL_PANEL!clipboard RADAR W4,  90,50,330,250

My main L35 Texture texture file also has two entries:

MV_WXM_TEXTURE.bmp                this includes a bezel image

MV_WXM_TEXTURE_NIGHT.bmp

Al

10 hours ago, StewartH said:

I have the latest version of the WX radar and have the "blank" area in the VC of the Moo.  Like rightseat, I use the popup to turn on the radar and adjust the settings, but the instrument itself is not visible in the VC.

your not by an chance using a alternative panel Texture.

bob

Hi Folks,

I'm on v4 - haven't noticed the issue - will double check when I get in this weekend...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

11 hours ago, onebob said:

bob

And what would that be, Bob?  The WX radar shows up in the Milviz Cessna 310R.  I made no changes to its installation into the Moo.

Stew

15 minutes ago, StewartH said:

And what would that be, Bob?  The WX radar shows up in the Milviz Cessna 310R.  I made no changes to its installation into the Moo.

I tried an alternative panel on one of the FlySimWare airplanes and that obscured  the switches on the wx gauge. just a thought

bob

2 hours ago, onebob said:

I tried an alternative panel on one of the FlySimWare airplanes and that obscured  the switches on the wx gauge. just a thought

bob

Ok, I see.  No, I made no changes that would affect the radar panel in that way.  I installed it normally--you just can't see it in the vc.  Will take another look, though.

Stew

17 hours ago, onebob said:

bob

Yes, I am using alternate textures on both. The Moo alternate interior from FSX and the Darker Gray panel for the lear. You think that's it? I had no issues with the same panel bmps in FSX, but it's a good lead.

Now that you mention it, yes, I remember installing that alternate panel texture in the Moo now.  That's probably the cause.  No biggie, I'll stick with this alternate texture--I like it better than the stock version.

Stew