Sign in to follow this  
era66

Uncommanded Autopilot Disengage

I’ve been flying PMDG 777 (FSX platform) since release and have done all the updates, and have been using EZDOK, Active Sky Next without any problems even on long haul flights.  Recently, I’ve had a problem with the autopilot suddenly disengaging while in cruise, and noticed that this is happening consistently while I’m moving about the flight deck (with EZDOK) using the arrows on the keyboard (not the ones in the numerical pad), although in one instance, it happened spontaneously.  I don’t think it’s related to any spikes occurring in my joystick (Saitek X52 Pro). since I’ve recalibrated it and increased the null zones.  I cannot figure why this is happening now.  Would very much appreciate anyone’s help.  Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 1

Elmo Acio

It's hard to replace the gray matter that is inherent in every human being. No computer can do it quite that well yet.

— General John P. Jumper, USAF Chief of Staff, 'Air Line Pilot' magazine, April 2007

Watch the FMA, you'll probably see a strikethrough on one of the modes, either LNAV or VNAV (I'm guessing that's what you're using). That said, do you still have this problem when NOT using EZDOK.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I've seen too many complaints with these addon camera utilities and I stay away from them.... how can you be flying the airplane and moving around the flight deck?? I guess there is no harm in trying to turn a high fidelity study simulation into a game, but keep in mind this was not designed to be a game.  Otherwise, we'd be seeing earned mileage points and extra credit for super soft landings.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP

The “moving around the flight deck” is simply sliding from the captain’s seat to the 1st officer’s seat, just to get a different view during a long flight while on autopilot. Seems like as I slide closer to the side window, either to the 1st officer’s side or back to the captain’s position, that’s when the autopilot disengages.  Very strange!  This does not happen when I’m flying other planes (PMDG 737, Aerosoft 320s, PMDG DC6) . . just in the triple 7s. I’m at a lost to explain this :blink:.  I’ll see if this happens when I disable the EZDOK as Kevin suggested.  Thanks for the comments.

era66

Elmo Acio

It's hard to replace the gray matter that is inherent in every human being. No computer can do it quite that well yet.

— General John P. Jumper, USAF Chief of Staff, 'Air Line Pilot' magazine, April 2007

58 minutes ago, era66 said:

The “moving around the flight deck” is simply sliding from the captain’s seat to the 1st officer’s seat, just to get a different view during a long flight while on autopilot.

This is easily done without addon cameras by pressing the A key to move to the FO seat, and Shift+A to return to the Captains position.  Simple.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, era66 said:

using the arrows on the keyboard (not the ones in the numerical pad)

Hi, 

Have you checked the arrows are not assigned to any flight control? Automatic autopilot disconnection occurs when a force is applied on the controls.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

It appears the problem is fixed (I hope).  I deleted all the EZDOK key assignments for all the camera views I had for the triple 7, and created new ones.  I guess something got corrupted with the old camera views, but I still can’t figure out how this could affect the autopilot:mellow:.  I appreciate everyone’s comments and suggestions!  Thank you!

Elmo Acio

how can you be flying the airplane and moving around the flight deck??

Not all of us are quite as "hard core" as you are, Dan! Forgive me for saying this, but.....we do like to have fun when flying these planes. Thankfully, the OP has the FSX version, so using it for entertainment purposes is perfectly legal :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

EZDOK has been known to cause very strange issues.

I've read here that that addon will simulate various effects by introducing unrealistic aerodynamic loads on the aircraft rather than moving the camera.  The A/P is supposed to disconnect when aerodynamic loads exceed limits in high fidelity products but in default aircraft and arcade game type aircraft this is not a problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

By default I think arrows have assigned rudder settings.
I had the same issue till I removed all key bindings.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I've had it happen to me when in spot view with auto pilot engaged in spot view checking the scenery when testing for tweaking the alarm sounds and the auto pilot disengaged.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg