Sign in to follow this  
fghdgdfdfgfgf

Z370 ROG Mobos snap-crackle-pop

1.38 volts at 5 GHz. Nice. :biggrin:

My daughters 8600K does the same. Makes life a whole lot easier without HT. My 8700K with HT off does the same. HT on is another stroy though.

1 hour ago, FunknNasty said:

Well ....we're golden.  This thing sleep walks through OCCT line pack and Real Bench @ 1.38v - 5ghz  memory at XMP. Max  temps: low to mid 60's.

As you know Westman, this board comes with wide variety of user overclock profiles. I've played with several of them and this board has handled everyone one of them. Not one blue screen! and there's some pretty crazy profiles.

This is the finest kit I've ever owned .....

edit: actually the 5.0 was with a vid 1.35 occ showed vid 1.35 with a max vcore of 1.38v

yes this is the best MoBo out here, have you run CB15?

My Cpu is nuts on this Mobo, put it on water 420rad 2XD5 ambient 18C with pretty high voltage HT on

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwc4tb5cgikt29q/CB15-8700k.png?dl=0

Funny thing is I feel like I’m selling this mobo short. My reported temps are with no case fans plugged in and the radiator fans at idle. LoL

I think a 5.5 or better is not out of the question.

I will check out cb15 and report to back you.

I'm late to the party here. But, I have a Hero X and there's a small problem with, what I assume, is the audio driver/system.

Occasionally and rarely I get a BSD with hal.dll as the offender. Maybe I should have gone Apex after all.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

On 2/23/2018 at 6:47 PM, RichieFly said:

I'm late to the party here.

Welcome to the party.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:52 AM, westman said:

have you run CB15?

some bench marks:

cb15: cpu1280/ single core 216

3dmark06: 49,000

Aida64:mem 48000 read/write, latency 43

Real becnh: 142,000

cpuID 602/3241

Real Temp : 2248

The above bench marks are with the "24/7, 5.0, manual, xmp" overclock profile  ....<------I didn't change anything (I'm on bios 802)

Will try some benchmark profiles today ...do you have a favorite?

Question: What fan header should I use for the H110? I'm currently on the "cpu fan" 3 pin. I ask cuz it doesn't seem to be monitored.

Edited by FunknNasty

for the H110 pump you put in AIO_Pump header then the fans on Cpu_fan and Cpu_Opt fan headers.

then you do a profile in bios 

I dont like the corsair link , thats way i do a profile in bios

Bench profile i run Slamms as base, you know the russian OC guys ar pretty tuff

Edited by westman

WOW! Using Raj's 4133 24/7 preset:

AIDA64 Mem read/write 60.600MB's, Latency 39.5ns <------ that's crazy!

5.0 CPU, 4.5 NB. Ram at 4133  timings17-18-18-38-1T.

The above is not some stupid benchmark score $hore config, that's a 27/7 setup!  

I'm gonna drop the mic on the above mentioned config and start installing software tomorrow. 

Edited by FunknNasty

On 2/25/2018 at 9:13 PM, FunknNasty said:

Ram at 4133  timings17-18-18-38-1T.

In case anyone is following:

the ram is powered at 1.40v

Edited by FunknNasty

On 2/23/2018 at 11:38 AM, martin-w said:

1.38 volts at 5 GHz. Nice. :biggrin:

My daughters 8600K does the same. Makes life a whole lot easier without HT. My 8700K with HT off does the same. HT on is another stroy though.

Am I reading this right? You guys are running the 8600Ks at 1.38v ? 

I've only had mine up to about 1.29V. The temps were in the upper 70s (C) so I backed down. I'm 'only' running at 4.8Ghz right now. 

Are any of you folks with delidding tools in Maryland? lol...  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

You can go as a high as 1.45 volts. Regarding temps, what kind of cooling do you have? My daughters 8600K is cooled by a Corsair H100i V2. My 8700K is cooled by a Noctua NH-D15S air cooler.

Yes, both my daughters CPU and my CPU are delidded. I shaved about 10 degrees of mine and 17 degrees of my daughters.

Mine is not delidded.

The thermal difference between my cpu and Flier's is interesting to me.

The max temp I've seen on my build so far was 71c. And may be because I couldn't fit the fans on the radiator ...well, I had one fan half cocked on the radiator while the other was lying on the power supply : -) ....both were running at just 600rpm. -I may actually go back to this config, I liked the quiet. :-)

My max voltages and temps using:

AIDA64 Stress Test (latest ver.) is 1.33 powering a 85% cpu load. Temps Hi 50's.

OCCT ver 4.5.0 - linepack 64bit - 90% mem load - cpu load at 100 is 1.34 with temps no higher that 65c.

Prepared v4 under extreme load is around 1.38 with max temps in the high 60's

oh, the above mentioned is on an APEX board using the bios preset  "Raj's Gskill 2x8gb @ 4133". It's a 24/7 5.0 profile that runs the mem at 4133.

Ok, I've seen enough.

This upgrade has exceeded my even my most wildest dreams. It's gonna take a few weeks for me to come up with the words to express the experience I've had with this kit over the last two days.

Oh sure, I can tell you the easy measurable like, my minimum FPS on short final into LAX has gone from 16-18 to 24-27 but that would even begin to tell the story of the true performance I'm getting.

The ROG Apex coupled with the 8700 or 8600k and GSKILL memory needs to be stickied somewhere in these forums.

I'll be back .... with pictures. :-)

Edit: Upgraded from: Asus Z87- I5 4670 4.7Ghz  - Gskill 2400 2x8GB cl10 XMP - Carried over the ASUS Strix 1070

Edited by FunknNasty
post previous build specs for comp