Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

PREVIEW - UHD Mesh Scenery v4 (X-Plane 11)

Some of you might have already read about it here or there: UHD Mesh Scenery v4

Although this is NOT RELEASED yet, I thought it would be time to show you a bunch of - more or less - final screenshots of some of the finished regions:

• Alps / Pyrenees (Europe)
  • Japan
  • New Zealand
  • USA West (everything west of 104°W!)

As always, UHD Mesh will use high resolution elevation data (30m DEMs from various sources) and at least for the above mentioned regions also some specially tuned high resolution landclass data (compared to HD Mesh).

The exact release date is still unknown, because I have still not finished - but at least planned - Canada West and Scandinavia (how, or how much they will be covered will have to be seen). But I aim for sometime spring 2018 (but again, no guarantees).

Now, this way you can head over to the quite extensive (already 187 pics) album:

And here are a few appetizers:

d0nyBdyIN5JROKSlPc18G4itiY2BopU-2CTgFSQx

iLTWvh4gwRWo85_x-vdugGAtSi9Uf-sEZRvdW1th

3lJrgMIj1-m1BP_YuYRzWAxKSCue9VhzhteQuemx

Uxk34-BaXj7sVvQ0v-Yvv3YW-2k8ix1fgqVK5UFh

xjiLH7jWZizJRhIrxmzcgG_GX3FRMlE57woXSJa7

7Hx1r5idXD0ZSVEJ7_4_7TZSfeFFSwB6cppqYj7t

gO2AkrSkM_kviO5a4xcFaSiTxoRivQIQSNu4PROX

7SVJT7QG1mSB70d9Ch4ouSLbZhcqwA_VbVdYHG4K

8bXHF0vm6edkM25Xen5JnJdPcXdfRle5NjK8AtaG

9qbv5_F51_QaHtdg7Hw9yplx28WhcshUedxZNU89

-UXaFqUoZrYAyVeVMmhyhqkT4QQICGJFb-5Uvzcf

5b1BeIFKRa6einpCKiM0EyVgY36AecP18Fwiqp_6

• Upvote 4

So nice. With such a high definition mesh, XP looks closer to Outerra in some screenshots (although the latter still has better lighting, scattering, water, etc.).

What are those lines on the ground in the third last shot?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

These really look nice, and rival more and more w2xp + ortho4xp. HD Mesh v4 was already a huge step. I really don't know anymore what direction to go, I like both ... .

38 minutes ago, Murmur said:

What are those lines on the ground in the third last shot?

A bug (in how forests are filled in - its visible almost everywhere ... and can be seen with HD mesh too ... but depends on the direction ... the lines usually rune from East to West) in X-Plane 11 :dry: ... Ben has the bug report for ages now (as we discussed it with him a year ago) ... but hadn't time to fix it.

But one can live with it...

1 minute ago, jh71 said:

These really look nice, and rival more and more w2xp + ortho4xp. HD Mesh v4 was already a huge step. I really don't know anymore what direction to go, I like both ... .

Well a word of caution - of course - should be said: this eats your computer alive :biggrin: ... Remote, or less dense areas are quite ok, but for example Tokyo (the second shot from the bottom) becomes a fast slideshow even on a GeForce 1080 Ti :biggrin: (but thats likely the heaviest region).
And of Course 32 GByte of RAM is almost a must here.

WOW. stunning work again Andras. awaiting the release.  

Agree with Murmur that does look like Outerra 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Really nice, although im a big fan of Ortho4XP i really love HD mesh also, and i use it for some places! Nice work!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync