Sign in to follow this  
ha5mvo

Overhead flickering

Did anyone notice a flicker of the overhead texture when ever the apu or gpu busses go online?

Not a big issue but happens every time.

Any chance the three of you would share what sim your are using (FSX, FSX:SE, P3DV3.4, P3DV3.5, P3DV4.0, P4DV4.1, P3DV4.2, etc.,)?  We simply can't move on something until we know.

In addition, we need to know your specific systems specifications for issues such as this. That includes:

Processor Type

Processor Speed

Motherboard Memory

Graphics Card

Graphics Card VRAM

What scenery you were loaded into when you had the problem (default? If payware then please specify).

Thanks in advance.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I run P3Dv4.2.

my system specs are: 

- i7 6700k at 4.6

- 16gb ram

- GTX 1080

-don't know my GPU VRAM

As far as scenery goes, this happens at every airport I've tried loading at to include:

- FlyTampa KBOS rebooted

- FSDT KIAH, KMEM

- LatinVFR KMIA

- ORBX KPSP

- Flightbeam KPHX, KSFO, KMSP, KIAD.

I have Trueglass disabled and Reallight set to medium.  I also have the cockpit textures set to medium.  Happens anytime I connect power to the AC busses.  

Additionally Dave, it only seems to happen when connecting power to the left AC generator first.  If I connect power to the Right AC bus first, the textures don't flicker.

now THAT is INTERESTING!  Now, you mean Left Bus first, not the #1 generstor? Just being sure...

Ok, that may tell us that your system doesn't like something that changes when thar is switched on.

Can you share your sim Graphics and Display settings? Also, try setting both APU Bus switches to on before starting the APU and see if the problem is still there.

I'm on the road and won't be home until late, but I'll check a few things on tjis tomorrow morning.

Thanks as always.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

now THAT is INTERESTING!  Now, you mean Left Bus first, not the #1 generstor? Just being sure...

Ok, that may tell us that your system doesn't like something that changes when thar is switched on.

Can you share your sim Graphics and Display settings? Also, try setting both APU Bus switches to on before starting the APU and see if the problem is still there.

I'm on the road and won't be home until late, but I'll check a few things on tjis tomorrow morning.

Thanks as always.

I'll go ahead and try that tomorrow Dave.  I work the evening shift tonight unfortunately. Yes, it only happens so far when initially powering the Left AC generator bus by switching on either the L EXT PWR bus switch or the L APU bus switch, when first bringing AC power online.  The engine generators don't seem to cause this issue when they kick on during engine start.

And yes, if I switch on the R EXT PWR bus switch or the R APU bus switch first, instead of the Left side, the issue doesn't happen, even when selecting the left bus to ON after.  It only happens if selecting the LEFT side on first.

I'll share my sim settings tomorrow also.

Best Regards,

Rob

I also have noticed the same thing. I connect the GPU through the menu, select the left bus on first and I get some weird flicker thing on the overhead. I have not tried selecting the Right bus first. I'll try that next time.

• Upvote 1

Happens to me also. I just ignore it. I also use P3D4.1 but 4.2 users are seeing it also. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I'm on 4.2. I also noticed that Froogle has the same issue when I watched his video last night. See here.... check it out at 15:30. This is the exact process i follow as well.

Dave, I tried switching both bus switches to on before connecting the external power to the aircraft.  I can report that the panel does flash in this instance as well.  The only time it doesn't do it, is when connecting power to the buses with the right bus connect switch.

Regards,

Rob

Didn' want to leave you hanging... myself and one of the other testers I work with have tried numerous times to replicate the overhead flickering and we are unable to do so.

We're both running P3DV4.2,

His system:  i7-3770K @ 4.1GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX1070 with 8GB VRAM.

My system:  i7-4770K @ 4.3 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX1080 with 11GB VRAM.

I'd be lying if I told you why turning on the Left Ground Power Bus first results in the overhead panel reloading (I just always assumed it was normal and left bus first is procedure so I never did the rIght bus first).  But now that I've seen it I'm going to speak with Davide about it.

I'm wondering about your graphics settings inside and outside the sim (NVIDIA settings especially refresh settings).

Dave Hodges

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Didn' want to leave you hanging... myself and one of the other testers I work with have tried numerous times to replicate the overhead flickering and we are unable to do so.

We're both running P3DV4.2,

His system:  i7-3770K @ 4.1GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX1070 with 8GB VRAM.

My system:  i7-4770K @ 4.3 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX1080 with 11GB VRAM.

I'd be lying if I told you why turning on the Left Ground Power Bus first results in the overhead panel reloading (I just always assumed it was normal and left bus first is procedure so I never did the rIght bus first).  But now that I've seen it I'm going to speak with Davide about it.

I'm wondering about your graphics settings inside and outside the sim (NVIDIA settings especially refresh settings).

Totally forgot to get you my graphics settings today.  I will take screenshots when I get off of work later tonight. 

Cheers,

Rob

5 hours ago, KORDATC said:

Totally forgot to get you my graphics settings today.  I will take screenshots when I get off of work later tonight. 

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks Rob, that would be very helpful.

I'll be around and online most of the day tomorrow.

Take care brother.

Dave Hodges