Sign in to follow this  
BobKK47

LearJet 35 Landing/taxi lights not illuminating ground

I have updated my Learjet 35 to the latest version,  3.0.

I have noticed that the taxi and landing lights, from the cockpit view, are not illuminating the ground in
front of the aircraft, although in spot view I can see see that the lights are on.

I was not having this issue in prior versions of the lear.  I don't know if this is a specific problem with v3.0 or
if there may be something I may be overlooking.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob

Edited by BobKK47

2 hours ago, BobKK47 said:

Any advice appreciated

HI bob, working here ok, landing lights illuminate ground may need switching on. also try switching Dynamic lighting

bob

Edited by onebob

Bob,

Tks for reply.

I'm using the boxed version of FSX.  Is there a "dynamic lighting" feature?   I know Prepar3d has this.

I did have the landing/taxi light switch located on the panel in the "on" position for taxi and landing lights.

Well, I'll keep working on it.  Will post back if I solve the issue.

3 hours ago, BobKK47 said:

I'm using the boxed version of FSX.  Is there a "dynamic lighting" feature?   I know Prepar3d has this.

Sorry, been around the P3d forum and never entered my head this question could be FSX.

bob

I think I found a solution which has worked so far. 

At the beginning of the flight, sitting on the tarmac, getting the A/C ready for my flight and starting up the engines etc., I place the taxi/landing lights switch in the "taxi-light" (mid-range) position and leave it there.    I do this whether or not my flight begins in daylight.

For the remainder of the flight until the landing phase, I keep the light-switch in the taxi-light position.   

Then, if I  land in dark conditions, (late-evening/night), I place the switch in the far-up (landing lights on) position to turn on the landing lights as I approach the airport.   When I turn off the runway, I switch to  the taxi-lights.   Using this procedure, the landing and taxi lights now illuminate the ground in front of the aircraft.

So  the key point here, which has resolved my issue, is to turn on the taxi light-switch at the very beginning of the flight (even when it's mid-day)  and keep it there, rather than wait until the landing phase to turn on the landing lights (if needed).

I think i got an email about this topic a while back. The wing tip lights are not the taxi lights they are the recognition lights. The taxi and landing lights share the same gear lights. Both should light the tarmac.