Sign in to follow this  
sho69607

Dirt covering runway/elevation problem at KPDX

I had this same exact issue with FSX before I moved over to P3D. There seems to be some elevation issues a KPDX. I do have ORBX scenery installed, but disabling it does not solve the issue either. How can I fix this?

~Spencer Hoefer

MOBO: Gigabye Aorus z590 elite | CPU: Intel i9-10900k  | RAM: GSKILL RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200 |GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti 11GBOS: Windows 10 

I would look for an elevation .bgl in Scenery/World/Scenery.  These FTX/Orbx bgl's are always loaded even if you have any Orbx scenery disabled.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

If Jim's suggestion doesn't work, I think the current version of KPDX doesn't play well with P3D. It was designed for FSX and earlier. A P3D KPDX is in the works by Flightbeam.

Regards.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

From the flightbeam forum https://www.flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3170&p=17532#p17532

"Had the same problem - I deactivated "ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_elevation_adjustment.BGL" which can be found in .../scenery/world/scenery in your P3D- or FSX-folder by renaming *.bgl into *.xxx and all was ok

and you also should deactivate all files *KPDX*.* in the ORBX Folder "ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PNW05_SCENERY" to avoid double scenery objects and runways"

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Run the Flight Beam troubleshooter in the Flight Beam manager. It worked for me and I didn't have to delete files. The troubleshooter does all that is needed.

• Upvote 3

Pete Locascio

All,

I did all of he above and still next to the runway it isn't flattened. The 3D grass is at the correct elevation but the ground acutally not. 

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards

I had this issue once also, try reinstalling and then running the flightbeam setup trouble-shooting option.

• Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Hey TurboKen, this time i really didnt think about Re-install. thanks for the hint. I will try

Cheers

worked fine and all solved

Edited by Berniman
tried the solution
  • Like 1