Sign in to follow this  
lifejogger

Addonitus - its deadly and its got me. How about you?

Hello friends http://www.ifdg.net/forum/style_emoticons/default/bye.gifAddonitus: going *mental* just downloading add-ons for FS9 - and hardly ever flying.I thought I was above it and used to have a little laugh to myself when I read threads about people who have gazillions of GB worth of add-ons and found they hardly ever took to the skies.And now Im there myself http://www.nextgenerationrecords.co.uk/boa...es/icon_eek.gifI find increasingly that when I sit down to fly in FS9 I end up downloading mesh, airports or airplanes...and then spend the next couple of hours hunting down panels, soundsets and the like.Never end up flying http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pcrying.gifWith all the brilliant work freeware authors are doing (too many to list...you know who you are...thanks loads!) I just want it all all all http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/bloblaugh.gifThe whirlpool Im in now is airports. I plan a flight, hop in the plane...and then jump on the Internet to find out if I can snag GMAX add-ons for the departure & destination airports I will be using.Time for some discipline...time to go flying!!!!Any of you fellow Avsimmers suffer from Addonitus? http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/silly.gif

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

:-xxrotflmaoi feel for ya mate :)all i need is this:www.simufly.com/hjgwww.simufly.com/ins ,then for variety, www.hilmerby.comfor a good dc9 panel,with the SGA model in EIA colors,and www.tinmouse.org/727 with the vistaliners 727in Firstair colors.i sometimes download some scenery,but that's about it for me :-hahi suggest you go to the AAss meeting in your neighbourhood.(AAss as in Anonymous Addonitis syndrome sufferers)(the A of anonymous is only there to prevent rude jokes being made,you guys have a tough enough time as it is eh.)often,downgrading your pc will help,although that often introduces despair.tataJP.

Aaaaahhhh! You havent helped by posting those links JP :)

>Aaaaahhhh! You havent helped by posting those links JP :)>>you can fight the urge...really...you can!FIGHT THE URGE!F I G H T T H E U R G E!..ok,we'll have to work on that fighting the urge thing i see :-hahtataJP.

>ok,we'll have to work on that fighting the urge thing i see>:-hah>>tata>>JP.>Hmmm, the urge; well lessee, I've only got 680 planes in my folder. I s'pose that doesn't count 'cept that I've also got 'bout 9 gigs of uninstalled items. Mebbie that does. Yes, I've slipped over the line and must become a member of AAss. Only problem is, I don't do meetings. I quit them when I retired. Y'see, the problem is, they keep MAKING those things and since I don't have one it follows that I must DL it so I can be "current." :-eek *:-*

>>ok,we'll have to work on that fighting the urge thing i see>>:-hah>>>>tata>>>>JP.>>>>>Hmmm, the urge; well lessee, I've only got 680 planes in my>folder. I s'pose that doesn't count 'cept that I've also got>'bout 9 gigs of uninstalled items. Mebbie that does. Yes, I've>slipped over the line and must become a member of AAss. Only>problem is, I don't do meetings. I quit them when I retired. >>Y'see, the problem is, they keep MAKING those things and since>I don't have one it follows that I must DL it so I can be>"current." :-eek >>*:-* >i's not even going to try...you's hopeless :-hahtataJP.

Ha ha! :) - you have my sympathies Nevin, addonitis is no longer curable I'm afraid, not with today's addons. :9 You had to have kicked it back in fs98 days, which I did :+ - now please excuse me, i need to find kukamaga airport/afcad and oh yeah a repaint of Posky 744 in kukamanga livery and oh yeah I still need a good 744 panel....regards,MarkXPHomeSP2/FS9.1/3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256does anybody know where i can find kukamanga mesh:-bat

....and I need Stockholm Arlanda scenery....and theres a 55-airport pack for Norway....*Sigh*

People!!! You need discipline!(Or however you spell it.) For example, I NEED a MD-11 panel. Why? Because I have a FEDEX Thing going on. So because I have discipline I'm only going to download that panel. Of course, I don't have a MD-11 in my hanger yet, but I'm downloading the Overland Md-11 as we speak. After that I'll get the my FEDEX textures that go with the plane just as soon as I download the UPS textures necessary to balance the afcad of KATL I downloaded which made the MD-11 necessary. And as soon as I get my FEDEX MD-11, I'm going to apply my New MD-11 panel to it and go fly it...Right after I download the MD-11 Sound package. You need discipline!!!By the way... Was that HFG, SGA, iFDG...Nevermind!!! I'll Go to the library and download something til I think of itBest regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)