Sign in to follow this  
CzarW

New to PMDG777 and unsure on function [Solved]

38 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Nope, not that either, not for me anyhow, in P3Dv4.

Cant even find that key combo in the sim settings.

Using any camera mods? ChasePlane etc?

Kyle Rodgers

It could be my Track IR is overriding this andso I will have to try with it disabled just to see...however, I REFUSE to fly without TIR in general.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

It could be my Track IR is overriding this andso I will have to try with it disabled just to see...however, I REFUSE to fly without TIR in general.

Probably the issue...

Kyle Rodgers

6 hours ago, Boomer said:

Nope, not that either, not for me anyhow, in P3Dv4.

Cant even find that key combo in the sim settings.

My Track IR overrides moving eye-point left, right, up, down, etc. I will check if it also overrides this micro zooming. 

Later...

SHIFT plus + / -  works perfectly for me with Track IR running. It works a little differently to basic zooming with the +/ - .Keep your finger pressed down for a second or two and view will start to move very smoothly in or out allowing you to perfectly frame the VC to your exact requirements.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, ganter said:

My Track IR overrides moving eye-point left, right, up, down, etc. I will check if it also overrides this micro zooming. 

Cheers, Im trying to get my zoom set to 35.  It only goes from 30 to 40, nothing in between.

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Cheers, Im trying to get my zoom set to 35.  It only goes from 30 to 40, nothing in between.

See above edited post Boomer.

SHIFT plus +/- is defo the default assignment for both P3D and FSX. Are you running Tacpack by any chance?

Otherwise I reckon you've re-assigned the keystrokes at some point in the dim and distant.

7 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Might be. What is CTRL then? Is that the viewpoint shift in external view?

CTRL + /- is Chase Distance, so yep.

Edited by Guest

39 minutes ago, ganter said:

Keep your finger pressed down for a second or two and view will start to move very smoothly in or out allowing you to perfectly frame the VC to your exact requirements.

Cheers brother, Jim, will try and advise.

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Cheers brother, Jim, will try and advise.

Just hold SHIFT and keep that finger pressed down on + or -, brother Chris, you'll be okay.

On 3/20/2018 at 7:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Using any camera mods? ChasePlane etc?

Erm...sorry to drag this off again, but is ChasePlane worth the $39 considering it is still in beta? I'm pretty fed up with P3D/FSX's default "camera" system but I can't really justify spending that money when I could get a pretty decent scenery upgrade or another good aircraft. Anyone have any compelling good things to say about it?

2 hours ago, Robert3512 said:

Erm...sorry to drag this off again, but is ChasePlane worth the $39 considering it is still in beta? I'm pretty fed up with P3D/FSX's default "camera" system but I can't really justify spending that money when I could get a pretty decent scenery upgrade or another good aircraft. Anyone have any compelling good things to say about it?

It appears that there are dozens of guys that post here often that use it and then there are the occasional problem that troubleshooting traces back to this product.  I think it is a personal preference,  and my own personal preference is to have a big screen and a track ball. I can hit the spacebar and pan/zoom around the cockpit with the trackball (which does not require a desktop to move around within) and see everything I need to see.  On rare occasion I use A and Shift+A to switch over to the FO seat to see something like the AC Temp gauge in the NGX, but it is rare to not to be able to see everything from the single viewpoint of the Captains seat.  I personally have no need to walk around the cockpit or fly in formation admiring my pretty airplane from the outside... those are things I've never done in real life in decades of flying.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 hours ago, ganter said:

Edited by Guest
Double post edit fail

2 hours ago, Robert3512 said:

Go Track IR friend. You'll take a few flights to get used to it and get it set up for your sim but you'll never fly without it after that; you simply won't feel "in the cockpit" without it.

3 hours ago, Robert3512 said:

But the head tracker costs just shy of $200. 

Well, yes, it is expensive but nothing puts your head in the sim like Track IR - especially with these PMDG birds; look up - flow your overhead, look down; flow your pedestal, look forward, do your ECL, look left, look right - all good? Continue!

Forget pretty camera angles for screenshots! - get in the cockpit and fly the aeroplane. Track IR puts me firmly in the driving seat. Using the Top Hat Toggle to look around now would make me give up simming altogether.

(Ebay is your friend - as impatient folks trade Track IR for VR - and they're jumping the gun - because good, meaningful and immersive VR for FSX/ P3D is at the very least five years away)

Edited by Guest