Sign in to follow this  
era66

Right Computer for X-Plane 11

I’m seeking advice if my system is good enough for X-Plane 11 to enjoy all its features and fluid frame rates. Here are my specs:

Jetline Systems HellFire GT2 (2013):

Operating System - Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-Bit)

Chassis - CM Storm Enforcer w/ Side Window Mid-Tower ATX

Motherboard - Asus P8Z77-V Pro (Intel Z77) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

Processor - Intel 3rd Gen Core i7 3770K (4.5GHz Overclock) Quad Core

CPU Cooling - Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooling

System Memory - 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz

Graphics Processor - 4GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 680, GDDR5, PCIe

System Power - 950 Watt PC Power & Cooling MK II

Sound Card - Creative Recon3D PCIe, 5.1 Channel HD Audio

Primary Hard Drive - 512GB High Performance Solid State (SSD)

Secondary Hard Drive - 1TB WD Black Edition 7200 RPM, 6 GB/s, 64MB Cache

Networking - Integrated High Speed Network Ready (10/100/1000)

Networking - 802.11n Wireless Desktop Network Card

LCD Display - 27 inch HP LED Monitor (1920 x 1080) HDMI, DVI

Keyboard & Mouse - Wired USB Keyboard and Mouse

Preinstalled Software - Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold Edition 

Flight Controls - Saitek X52 Pro Flight Control System (USB)

Thank you in advance!

Elmo Acio

It's hard to replace the gray matter that is inherent in every human being. No computer can do it quite that well yet.

— General John P. Jumper, USAF Chief of Staff, 'Air Line Pilot' magazine, April 2007

If you plan to max out the sim and enjoy everything is has to offer in terms of rendering, you need to go a top end machine

-1080TI

-i7700k overclocked 5.1

-SSD disk if planning to run orthos, otherwise any fast SATA will perform just great

-32GB RAM

Asking for the right machine is very subjetive thing, any modern machine will run xplane 11 depending the rendering settings you set. And minimal acceptable rendering settings still varies person to person personal taste and preference.

Unfortunately there is no 1+1 = 2 answer.

My advice would be, get the most your budget can afford.

Edited by mmerelles

Manuel Merelles

The computer in my specs runs XP11 at very good performance (not so much in VR). So, as Manuel says, get the best your budget can afford (you don't need to break the bank to do so)

Your current system will be excellent except your video card

If you can find a decent price get a GTX 1070 or as a minimum a GTX 1060 6GB 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

:smile:Thank you!! . . . to all of you for your advice re: my system and P3Dv4.  

I think it’s time to say goodbye to 32-bit Microsoft FS which I’ve used exclusively for over 30 yrs, starting with version 1 and all its incarnations through the current FSX. It was good while it lasted, but it’s time to move on to 64-bit flight simming! :biggrin:

Elmo Acio

It's hard to replace the gray matter that is inherent in every human being. No computer can do it quite that well yet.

— General John P. Jumper, USAF Chief of Staff, 'Air Line Pilot' magazine, April 2007

Didn't you ask about x plane 11?  Lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

:smile:I actually asked about both, and sent the same post in the P3D forum, since I’ve decided to make the move to 64-bit simming. But now that you mentioned it, the next decision for me is P3Dv4 vs XP-11.  There’s a whole world of difference in cost between the two; but first things first since I’ll need to upgrade my system first (or at least my video card) to run the full features for each with a fluid frame rate, based on the advice from both forums. 

Any thoughts between XP11 vs P3Dv4?

Thanks!

Elmo Acio

I run both sims, actively

Although XPis getting better, P3D v4 is still the superior sim for AI support, and airliner simulation, and weather.

I don't normally use airliners I prefer GA, so xp11 wins in this category.  If you use Ortho scenery, it's incredible for low and slow (or low and fast ha).  The visuals on xp are better, and the flight model is better in general some exceptions.  Night time is better too.  Still no seasons though.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |