Hello to all. Does anyone here have FS Force? More specifically, do you use a MSFFB2 joystick? If you have ever experienced frequent loss of forces I’d like to hear from you! Or if you have both the program with the joystick, and have never had such issues, I’d like to hear from you as well. Thanks! 

Edited by Deltaair1212

I use both, and really haven't had any issues, works very well together in my opinion. There is a sensor in the handle that will detect when your hand is on the joystick (the green light glows a little brighter). 

Sometimes I'll just hold the bottom section of the joystick when taxiing so I don't get all those ground roll "bumps" :smile:

Jd

I use both, in P3D v3 and now v4. 

Technical issues happen very occasionally, maybe once per month. Joystick loses an axis, I can workaround with reinitisling fsforce in flight, or unplugging the joystick power cable for a moment (I’ve also greased a landing after the vetical and horizontal axis were lost on takeoff - it’s fine, rudder and throttle are all you need). 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

MSFFB2 joystick and FS force are superb together .Im fsx se and the only minor problem are the forces deactivating occasionally but a quick click on reactivate tab brings them back

ZORAN

Strange that we’re all using such old technology. Someone needs to build a new ff joystick, for when our Microsoft sticks finally quit.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Strange that we’re all using such old technology. Someone needs to build a new ff joystick, for when our Microsoft sticks finally quit.

The upside is there are always plenty on ebay and the damned things are built like tanks. But you would think that with the millions of gamers around the world that a reasonably priced FF stick would sell like crazy..its a mystery

ZORAN

It’s no use with the author of FSForce. He believes his program is superior to anything out there and it’s always a joystick malfunction rather than his program. If you comb his forums long enough, you’ll run into some conversations in which he’s literally arguing with his customers. Hell he argued with me on an email thread and after I called him out on his lying, and horrible coding he stopped responding. He has an Avsim account but hasn’t been active in this community since like 2004. I hope that lets you know just how intune he is with modern technology. If you go to the FSForce website it still looks as though the front page hasn’t been changed since FS2004. The fact is folks that with as much as we all paid for that program, NONE of us should be experienceing loss of forces. That’s rediculous. 

3 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

It’s no use with the author of FSForce.

I'm sorry that you're having problems but just repeating exactly the same rant on other forums here is unlikely to get a different response:

There doesn't seem to be anyone else here with the same issues as you but you seem unwilling to accept the possibility that they're being caused by something other than FS Force itself.

3 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

The fact is folks that with as much as we all paid for that program, NONE of us should be experienceing loss of forces. That’s rediculous.

I frequently lose forces in IL2 and occasionally in X-Plane and FS Force is clearly not playing any part in either of those. I just accept it as the price I sometimes have to pay for having the benefits of force feedback.

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

11 hours ago, Deltaair1212 said:

It’s no use with the author of FSForce. He believes his program is superior to anything out there and it’s always a joystick malfunction rather than his program. If you comb his forums long enough, you’ll run into some conversations in which he’s literally arguing with his customers. Hell he argued with me on an email thread and after I called him out on his lying, and horrible coding he stopped responding. He has an Avsim account but hasn’t been active in this community since like 2004. I hope that lets you know just how intune he is with modern technology. If you go to the FSForce website it still looks as though the front page hasn’t been changed since FS2004. The fact is folks that with as much as we all paid for that program, NONE of us should be experienceing loss of forces. That’s rediculous. 

Fsforce is a pretty good program. As you’re having specific problems that others aren’t, it possibly is your joystick that’s the problem.

Oz

Using both MSFFB and FSForce, and I used to have occasional problem losing forces (maybe with FSX and P3Dv3.xx), but I don't remember the last time I lost forces...running P3Dv4 since June 2017, and now P3Dv4.1. I just stumbled onto this thread, and I had to think about the last time I had this problem...but it's been so long I can't remember. Possible it was related to my previous computer hardware. I never did solve the problem of the occasional loss...other than at some point the problem just went away and have never had it since. My suspicion is:

1.) previous hardware; 2.) USB driver issue; 3.) MS Windows; 4.) P3D issue - but no idea which, if any.

Is your MSFFB plugged into an external hub?

Have to say I'm with Robert J Whitehead...damn shame someone doesn't come up with a new FF stick! I'm terrified of the day when mine goes belly-up. I guess I'd just have to buy a Brunner Yoke.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

19 minutes ago, somiller said:

I'm terrified of the day when mine goes belly-up. I guess I'd just have to buy a Brunner Yoke.

Solved this by having a second (red trigger model, eBay bargain) MS FFB2 joystick sat in its box next to my desk in case of emergencies.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

50 minutes ago, somiller said:

Using both MSFFB and FSForce, and I used to have occasional problem losing forces (maybe with FSX and P3Dv3.xx), but I don't remember the last time I lost forces...running P3Dv4 since June 2017, and now P3Dv4.1. I just stumbled onto this thread, and I had to think about the last time I had this problem...but it's been so long I can't remember. Possible it was related to my previous computer hardware. I never did solve the problem of the occasional loss...other than at some point the problem just went away and have never had it since. My suspicion is:

1.) previous hardware; 2.) USB driver issue; 3.) MS Windows; 4.) P3D issue - but no idea which, if any.

Is your MSFFB plugged into an external hub?

Have to say I'm with Robert J Whitehead...damn shame someone doesn't come up with a new FF stick! I'm terrified of the day when mine goes belly-up. I guess I'd just have to buy a Brunner Yoke.

Well I’m in the process now of switching my motherboard, and I just bought a new case with 3.0USB connections so we’ll see if that makes any difference. I didn’t do this just because of FSForce, it was just time to upgrade my hardware anyways since I bought a new GPU. 

13 minutes ago, Deltaair1212 said:

Well I’m in the process now of switching my motherboard, and I just bought a new case with 3.0USB connections so we’ll see if that makes any difference. I didn’t do this just because of FSForce, it was just time to upgrade my hardware anyways since I bought a new GPU. 

Deltaair1212,

In which sim are you having the FS Force disconnect?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

On 3/11/2018 at 7:02 PM, JimmyD said:

I use both, and really haven't had any issues, works very well together in my opinion. There is a sensor in the handle that will detect when your hand is on the joystick (the green light glows a little brighter). 

Sometimes I'll just hold the bottom section of the joystick when taxiing so I don't get all those ground roll "bumps" :smile:

Jd

Jd,

My goodness, I had forgotten about that sensor...there's a tiny hole where your bottom finger rests at the base of the handle. I put a piece of black electrical tape over that hole so it always thinks my hand is on the stick. If I recall correctly, if that sensor isn't covered, the forces are inactive.

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1