Sign in to follow this  
FlyinIron406

Black screen in the select aircraft part??

Hi,for the longest time i have had a black box where the aircraft preview should be, when selecting an aircraft. If I get out of full-screen move the box is normal. Also, when pulling up the kneeboard or mulitplayer chat, the panel goes all black (black up to middle of the screen).Anyone know what could be doing this?Specs:Pentium 4: 3.0ghz HT2gb pc3200 dual channel ramnvidia 6800gt 256mb vid cardThanks!!

Hello,Many topics about this. Reduce your AA in the video card.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest trekfan

The only way i cured my problems was to use an old driver the 61.77 any other and was having various problems using the cards AA settings.Paul.

I don't think there are any other choices - you'll have to either reduce the AA or find an older driver set that works.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

My way of getting around the black box is to select my aircraft in window mode then once selected, get back into full screen mode.Otherwise I reduce AA to x2Q, select my bird, then change back to max AA.Its a pain! but what can you do.....

Have a great Day/Night where ever you are! :-wave

http://www.3dflite.com/dac/img/BANNER1.gif Student Pilot - YSBKC152/Tomahawk/Warrior/Archer/Duchess66.3 hrs Total

Guest thomasklink

Hi,I have the same video card and had the same problem with the preview window, the solution was to install Nvidia driver version 71.89.From the Nvidia control panel AA and anisotropic filtering are set to max. Switching to windowed mode isn't necessary.Don't know if this will solve your kneeboard or multiplayer chat problem.Clear skiesThomas

I had that problem one time, when I installed an old driver (77.71) and ran a high resolution (high for me, anyway: 1200xsomething).As soon as I switched to a new driver (84.xx) the problem went away. I also lowered resolution to 1024x768. I guess I should have been more scientific about it, to see if it was the res or the driver causing the black box but oh well.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I had this problem after installing the latest Nvidia driver (91.31)I discovered that is something to do with application profiles and Flightsim 2004 in particular.If I entered any antialiasing in the fs9 profile then I had the black screen. On the other hand if I entered AA x8S in the global settings and set the profile to global then the black preview problem disappeared.Since I don't use any other profile but fs9 setting everything up as global and the fs9 profile to global has cured the problem for me.Clive

Yeah Ryan now that you mention it I think I was using 8XS AA or something like that.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I second this. I also have the same card and tested every driver from the early 60's to the 81's. The 71.89s worked best on this card for me. The 80 series drivers presented all kinds of problems. My card new came with a 60 series driver.Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Guest iholrf

>I second this. I also have the same card and tested every>driver from the early 60's to the 81's. The 71.89s worked best>on this card for me. The 80 series drivers presented all kinds>of problems. My card new came with a 60 series driver.>>TedI don't agree that the problem is the driver. I think the problem is MS Hotfixes and updates. (Take a look at their knowledgebase and you will see that a lot of recent "fixes" have cause a large variety of issues for a lot of people).Also broken by these lately are Adobe Acrobat, Quicktime, HTML Kit, and a few others.The black box issue now appears on all versions of the driver, not just the newest. I know this because I just reinstalled and stepped back to an older "known to be good driver" and lo... the same problem occures. So, while frustrated I knew then Nvidia was not entirely to blame. Its hard to keep drivers and applications working right when MS keeps changing the the way the OS handles some calls.CheersShad

>If I entered any antialiasing in the fs9 profile then I had>the black screen. On the other hand if I entered AA x8S in the>global settings and set the profile to global then the black>preview problem disappeared.>>Since I don't use any other profile but fs9 setting everything>up as global and the fs9 profile to global has cured the>problem for me.Unfortunately, I tried this work-around, but it didn't work for me. Perhaps it has something to do with global settings in general. Mine are the following:Nvidia driver 91.31Anisotropic filtering: 16xAnisotropic optimization: onAnisotropic sample optimization: onAntialias settings: 2xQ (the highest I can go without a blank aircraft screen)Conformant texture clamp: onExtension limit: offForce mipmaps: TrilinearGamma correct antialiasing: offHardware acceleration: single display performance modeIgnore OpenGL error reporting: offImage settings: qualityNegative LOD bias: onOpenGL threading: autoTransparency antialiasing: offTrilinear optimization: onTriple buffering: onVertical sync: force offJoel @ CYVR (not far from CYNJ, really)

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)