Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

P3d4 on system ssd only, anyone have that

17 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Good to know , I've reinstalled this sim every new version of windows and P3D so many times it makes me sick to my stomach. I'll check out simstarter when I get a chance , thanks for the tip.

You're welcome.  Glad I could be of some help.  SimStarter NG is extremely powerful, so much so that sometimes you can get yourself into trouble.  I mainly use it to set up profiles for the different Orbx regions, etc., so that the sim doesn't have to load up all my scenery and airports, only those I plan to fly from, into or around, and leaving all the rest disabled, but still installed.  You can even assign the addon.xml airports that some of the developers install into the sim to those profiles which you have setup and enable/disable them the same way you would with the airports installed in the ordinary way.

Cheers!

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I've got a little different variation of the same theme. I, too, use Acronis True Image and I run a daily backup. P3Dv4 is installed on the system drive.But, I exclude the entire 310GB ORBX folder which I have previously copied to both of my external backup drives. That folder only changes when something new is offered by ORBX so there is no reason to repeatedly keep backing it up. This way if the whole system goes tits up I can reinstall every thing from the latest daily backup and then just copy the ORBX folder back to system drive. All the registry entries and all the add-ons are preserved and the whole thing is a really simple job..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I just decided to put everything onto the c ssd drive and back it up daily using macrium reflect professional synthetic backup,  i also send all my important files to obe drive,after a 5 year break from flightsim p3d2.5 i have just installed p3dv4.2 pretty impressed,  running well on my asus rog gaming notebook i7 with nvidia 870m, even running pmdg 737,track ir, hifi weather, real traffic,orbx australia and airports and some good addon aircraft im still getting acceptable performance

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K