Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update Be careful,

4 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Who said he wasn't? I was just ponting why he might be able to afford lots of holidays I did not say his support was bad did I?

Lol, your "No wonder he is always away" was somewhat misleading in context then. ;)

Edited by Dirk98

6 minutes ago, Dirk98 said:

Lol, your "No wonder he is always away" was somewhat misleading then. ;)

No it wasn't You can be on the moon but as long as you have wifi you can be in touch. So no one is really out of touch these days unless they choose to be. Peter chooses not to be the guy from PROATC chooses to be out of touch.

Reception might not be that good on the moon to be fair. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

7 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Reception might not be that good on the moon to be fair. 

In Peter D's case it has always been excellent!

There, on the moon lol :biggrin:

Edited by Dirk98

Since I became a FS developer I understand much better how long things take to be done.

And to add something to the topic, we have no time for holidays! Our spare time goes 100% to create add-on's!!!.

If we go silent is due to "crunch development time" or personal circumstances.

In any case many do their best to keep users happy, be sure to continue supporting your favourite developers, the more we hear about how much you love our products, the more motivated we become an more effort and quality of products will continue to be delivered to your front door.

S.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Since I became a FS developer I understand much better how long things take to be done.

And to add something to the topic, we have no time for holidays! Our spare time goes 100% to create add-on's!!!.

If we go silent is due to "crunch development time" or personal circumstances.

In any case many do their best to keep users happy, be sure to continue supporting your favourite developers, the more we hear about how much you love our products, the more motivated we become an more effort and quality of products will continue to be delivered to your front door.

S.

Simbol,

Oh, would that more developers were as good as you are at diplomatically "being helpful" - You're the best!

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just did a 4hr flight with the new update. Works flawlessly 👍

Paul Wain

Well, after using it for a few days I used the provided option to downgrade to 1.9.1.9 after all. Although I didn't have crashes I did have problems during approach where tower would only say 'Negative' whenever I contacted it to land. Seems there also is a bug that makes tower say Negative on a lot of airports (more and more being reported on the ProATC forum). I don't want to run the risk of having to end flights like that all the time so I went back to 1.9.1.9. (I did make a backup first of my entire ProATC folder so I have 1.9.2.2 available again within no time whenever a working fix/patch/update becomes available.)

I am doing my first flight with 1.9.1.9 right now and so far all is fine. I have to add I didn't notice any real differences anyway between version 1.8 and the new 1.9...

1 hour ago, J van E said:

Well, after using it for a few days I used the provided option to downgrade to 1.9.1.9 after all. Although I didn't have crashes I did have problems during approach where tower would only say 'Negative' whenever I contacted it to land. Seems there also is a bug that makes tower say Negative on a lot of airports (more and more being reported on the ProATC forum). I don't want to run the risk of having to end flights like that all the time so I went back to 1.9.1.9. (I did make a backup first of my entire ProATC folder so I have 1.9.2.2 available again within no time whenever a working fix/patch/update becomes available.)

I am doing my first flight with 1.9.1.9 right now and so far all is fine. I have to add I didn't notice any real differences anyway between version 1.8 and the new 1.9...

Been working on the bug I have been seeing since 1922 came out. What happens to me, is when PATC sends a command, there should be a text box that appears at the same time. When this sequence happens sometimes, the text box does not appear as it should, and this causes P3D to become "unresponsive" according to Task Manager/Performance monitor in windows. This causes that windows spinning circle to appear and if you mouse click on the screen while this circle is spinning, the screen will turn white like P3D is about to crash. This unresponsive condition lasts for about 10-20 seconds and then everything  returns to normal. We have been working on this for days, and I just went back to using 1.9.1.9 which works perfectly with just one minor issue that is easily worked around. There are many improvements between 1.8.xx and  1.9.1.9 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

We have been working on this for days, and I just went back to using 1.9.1.9 which works perfectly with just one minor issue that is easily worked around. There are many improvements between 1.8.xx and  1.9.1.9 

Well, I just ran into problems with 1.9.1.9 during approach where I couldn't contact tower at ALL and in the end was told to turn left 90 degrees. just before touchdown. I think I will uninstall 1.9 and go back to 1.8. I am sure there are improvements between the two but 1.8 worked flawlessly for a year and I am done with ProATC 1.9 screwing up my flights.

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, J van E said:

Well, I just ran into problems with 1.9.1.9 during approach where I couldn't contact tower at ALL and in the end was told to turn left 90 degrees. just before touchdown. I think I will uninstall 1.9 and go back to 1.8. I am sure there are improvements between the two but 1.8 worked flawlessly for a year and I am done with ProATC 1.9 screwing up my flights.

Before you do that, try another flight. When you are first given tower freqeuncy from approach, it says something like contact tower at the marker. Look on the moving map and you will see you are still on approach frequency. When you are about 5 miles from the runway, you will get another communication from approach to switch to tower, and the freq will then respond on tower freq and give you landing clearance. This was one of the issues that were changed a bit in 1922.  The other is that sometimes, you will not be given the vector to the fAF when you are cleared for the approach. So if that happens, just turn towards the FAF and the rest of the approach will be normal.,

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Ok, thanks, Bob, I will give it a try!

I handle the change of frequency myself: maybe that is making a mess of what ProATC expects? During the last flight I switched back and forth and never got a proper reply. The next time I will not switch freq and wait for ATC to tell me when to do it.