Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

C310 Redux Autopilot backlighting and mapping

Frank, I have no idea whatever why you were experiencing difficulty with the Panel Lights control. Just for the record, that control only affects the panel text lighting. Although the real aircraft doesn't have silk-screened text labels, we decided to provide text illumination as a courtesy, since otherwise it would be extremely difficult to find the various switches and other controls at night.

The original C310R from years ago used a rather primitive (by today's standards) lighting system, where I wasn't making lights brighter, I was instead making them dimmer using a mask overlay that went from fully opaque to fully transparent using the knob controls.

One of the subtle touches that's gotten lost in the transition is the lighting of the instrument post lights. But, I truly think the improvement in the lighting system overall is worth the loss of that particular subtlety. :gaul:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Both Frank and I must be "Odd Ducks" regarding interior lighting problems of SP2. 

I have done the install process of SP2 by the numbers--my AVG antivirus\malware program was totally disabled & Windows Defender turned off for both my latest download and install process of SP2. 

I uninstalled the previous SP2 installation of the Redux C310R and then reinstalled this latest SP 2 download into P3D 3.4xx. I am running this flight sim as Administrator. 

I still have the same problems as I previously did: Malfunctioning EDM gauges (no digital readout and no click spots on both buttons at the bottom of each gauge)--to solve that I replaced the Milvic 310.dll in the panel folder with the same one from the original Redux version. The gauges now work. 

With all four black knobs rotated fully to the right--the only night interior cockpit illumination that works is the "Radio" Knob.  Both the AP mode buttons and the ADF are illuminated. That's it other than the GTN 750 & 650. The rest of the cockpit lights along with the Overhead Cabin lights do not work. There is no click spot to turn on the cabin lights. In the original Redux version, all the interior lights work fine. 

I have submitted this on the official Redux Support Forum as well. If I cannot come up with some type of alternative solution, then I will have to reinstall the original Redux version if I want to experience this wonderful aircraft at night..

14 hours ago, raymie said:

I am having the same problem as Frank--With all interior light control knobs turned fully to the "on" position, the only interior cockpit illumination that works is the autopilot and ADF (Radio Knob). The overhead cabin lights do not work when I mouse click on any one of them. In the "original" Redux version, all of the interior cockpit lights work fine. I am using P3D 3.4xx

For now, I have reinstalled the original version so I can fly this wonderful aircraft at night. Also, I did post this problem I am experiencing as well, on the Milviz Official Support Forum to keep me out of the so-called "Dog House" with the Milviz staff :))

Raymie,
I got mine working. I fully uninstalled the C310 Redux, taking care to first back up my customized .cfg files and an additional livery I created.  Next I deleted that most recent update, SP2, both the zip and exe files.  Then cold booted system.  Turned off Defender, Malware Bytes, and CCleaner.  Downloaded SP2 fresh, unzipped, and installed.  Checked operation of lights.  No change.  Exited FSX.  Restored my livery and cfg files (aircraft and panel), and my RXP ini file.  Started FSX again and for whatever reason now all of the lights work as they are supposed to. Shut downs FSX and my system and cold booted again.  Still working,,,,

Go figure!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

47 minutes ago, raymie said:

Both Frank and I must be "Odd Ducks" regarding interior lighting problems of SP2. 

I have done the install process of SP2 by the numbers--my AVG antivirus\malware program was totally disabled & Windows Defender turned off for both my latest download and install process of SP2. 

I uninstalled the previous SP2 installation of the Redux C310R and then reinstalled this latest SP 2 download into P3D 3.4xx. I am running this flight sim as Administrator. 

I still have the same problems as I previously did: Malfunctioning EDM gauges (no digital readout and no click spots on both buttons at the bottom of each gauge)--to solve that I replaced the Milvic 310.dll in the panel folder with the same one from the original Redux version. The gauges now work. 

With all four black knobs rotated fully to the right--the only night interior cockpit illumination that works is the "Radio" Knob.  Both the AP mode buttons and the ADF are illuminated. That's it other than the GTN 750 & 650. The rest of the cockpit lights along with the Overhead Cabin lights do not work. There is no click spot to turn on the cabin lights. In the original Redux version, all the interior lights work fine. 

I have submitted this on the official Redux Support Forum as well. If I cannot come up with some type of alternative solution, then I will have to reinstall the original Redux version if I want to experience this wonderful aircraft at night..

Will you receive any support installing the 310 into P3Dv3.4xx?  The SP2 installer was only checked out for V4.2.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Frank, I have no idea whatever why you were experiencing difficulty with the Panel Lights control. Just for the record, that control only affects the panel text lighting. Although the real aircraft doesn't have silk-screened text labels, we decided to provide text illumination as a courtesy, since otherwise it would be extremely difficult to find the various switches and other controls at night.

The original C310R from years ago used a rather primitive (by today's standards) lighting system, where I wasn't making lights brighter, I was instead making them dimmer using a mask overlay that went from fully opaque to fully transparent using the knob controls.

One of the subtle touches that's gotten lost in the transition is the lighting of the instrument post lights. But, I truly think the improvement in the lighting system overall is worth the loss of that particular subtlety. :gaul:

The present lighting system is a welcome improvement over the former system.  I don't miss the lighting of the instrument post lights.

Stew

1 hour ago, StewartH said:

Will you receive any support installing the 310 into P3Dv3.4xx?  The SP2 installer was only checked out for V4.2.

I may not receive any "official" support for this. If my memory serves me correctly, I was told this version of P3D (3.4xx) is no longer on the developer's computers. I suspect Milviz is moving toward supporting the latest version of P3D-- v. 4.2.

What I am hoping to receive is some helpful suggestions that may resolve my problem. If not, then all I can do is hope that I have the same results as Frank did with SP2 or just go back & reinstall the original version of the Redux 310R. For some strange reason all of the interior lights work as they should. If I must use the original version, I am okay with that. However, I am glad I was able to purchase this version of the 310R at a nicely reduced price. 

1 hour ago, StewartH said:

The present lighting system is a welcome improvement over the former system.  I don't miss the lighting of the instrument post lights.

Yes I fully agree, that's what makes this so frustrating for me--Milviz has done a very nice job with the interior lighting of this aircraft--better than most developers that I know of.

23 minutes ago, raymie said:

I may not receive any "official" support for this. If my memory serves me correctly, I was told this version of P3D (3.4xx) is no longer on the developer's computers. I suspect Milviz is moving toward supporting the latest version of P3D-- v. 4.2.

What I am hoping to receive is some helpful suggestions that may resolve my problem. If not, then all I can do is hope that I have the same results as Frank did with SP2 or just go back & reinstall the original version of the Redux 310R. For some strange reason all of the interior lights work as they should. If I must use the original version, I am okay with that. However, I am glad I was able to purchase this version of the 310R at a nicely reduced price. 

Yes I fully agree, that's what makes this so frustrating for me--Milviz has done a very nice job with the interior lighting of this aircraft--better than most developers that I know of.

I had some really odd ball things happen with the Redux and some of it was due to collecting trash while chasing Bill's releases. We were warned! LOL what got me squared away was that I uninstalled everything on my computer that had anything at all to do with Milviz the C310 and even MVANS as well as the Radar. I even went thru my hard drives and searched for any file or folders with the search term "Milviz' "c310" "mvans". i EVEN REMOVED THE WX Radar. After installing the That cured my problems and I think all is now as it should be using prepar3d V4.2. It's a pain but may help. Be careful and think about wat get deleted.....in other words don't use you fat fingers...just the skinny ones LOL

Edited by shivers9

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

2 hours ago, StewartH said:

Funny you should mention that. Notice anything in this screenshot?

zXMMu.png

Fr. Bill    

1 hour ago, raymie said:

What I am hoping to receive is some helpful suggestions that may resolve my problem. If not, then all I can do is hope that I have the same results as Frank did with SP2 or just go back & reinstall the original version of the Redux 310R.

I believe I know what's going on. My "fat fingers" made a boo-boo in the installer's really complex script and when you chose to install in P3Dv3.x it mistakenly overwrote the x86 sound and light modules with the x64 versions... :blush: Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

So, new installer will be coming up shortly and will be available in the official support forum for P3Dv3 users to try out... :cool:

EDIT: New installer is now available!

Fr. Bill    

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Funny you should mention that. Notice anything in this screenshot?

zXMMu.png

Guess I should have looked closer!  I was focused more on the lighting of the dial faces than the lighting posts.  :blush:

Stew

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

I believe I know what's going on. My "fat fingers" made a boo-boo in the installer's really complex script and when you chose to install in P3Dv3.x it mistakenly overwrote the x86 sound and light modules with the x64 versions... :blush: Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

So, new installer will be coming up shortly and will be available in the official support forum for P3Dv3 users to try out... :cool:

EDIT: New installer is now available!

raymie will be a happy camper now!  :biggrin:

Stew

Yes, I hope this will bring an end to this frustrating journey for me and yet good discussion topic for others here. 

I want to encourage folks here to be on the "Official" Milviz support forum as well. Several comments, one I believe from "KrazyColin" noted. for me to open up the Windows "Task Manager" to see if "Milviz Lighting Service" is loaded, if not the then "you're not going to get lights". In following his noted steps to do this, I cannot find this item listed in the Windows Task Manager. That may be due to Fr. Bill's "Fat Fingers" (his label not mine)?? I still have more questions about this but by now my aging brain is starting to go on "overload". I hope the revised installer does the trick.

4 hours ago, StewartH said:

raymie will be a happy camper now!  :biggrin:

YES! raymie is a very happy camper now! The updated SP2 installer did the trick--I have night time cockpit and overhead cabin illumination and working EDM gauges. Thanks Fr. Bill for you faithful support 

On 4/5/2018 at 8:59 PM, kowen said:

If anyone is interested the KAP140 LVARs below are somewhat working for the Saitek Multi-panel

I am just changing the data values in SPAD. 

Shortmode On - KAP140_AP_MASTER 1
        KAP140_AP_ONOFF 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_AP_MASTER 0
        KAP140_AP_ONOFF 0
        Press and release Z (hack, AP will not go all the way off)

Shortmode On - KAP140_HEADINGONOFF 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_HEADINGONOFF 0

Shortmode On - KAP140_NAVONOFF 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_NAVONOFF 0

Shortmode On - KAP140_LUAALT_KEYDOWN 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_LUAALT_KEYDOWN  0

Shortmode On - KAP140_LUAARM_KEYDOWN 1
Shortmode Off - KAP140_LUAARM_KEYDOWN  0

The spinners were left at defaults except:

ALT
Display KAP140_AltitudeSelected
Clockwise KAP140_AltitudeSelected Increment 100
CClockwise KAP140_AltitudeSelected Decrement 100

I am not getting there like I should. Haven't had this much difficulty with others, though it's been 18 months since my last profile and that's time to have memory go cold.  Did you upload this to anywhere?

Frank

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I uploaded the whole profile under Cessna 310R. There are 2, use the one under kowen.