Eyeofthetiger

No Cloud Shadows PLS Help

I am on P3D v4.2 and I use ASCA full dynamic, as well as Active Sky 16, i have tried every fix i can fine but nothing has worked i would very much like some help as i dont know what to do right now, it feels like something in my simulator is missing without cloud shadows, thank you.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

9 hours ago, Eyeofthetiger said:

I am on P3D v4.2 and I use ASCA full dynamic, as well as Active Sky 16, i have tried every fix i can fine but nothing has worked i would very much like some help as i dont know what to do right now, it feels like something in my simulator is missing without cloud shadows, thank you.

Did you delete shader cache? Aren't you usin "AS for P3Dv4" since "AS 16" would not work with P3Dv4.

6 hours ago, Nemo said:

Did you delete shader cache? Aren't you usin "AS for P3Dv4" since "AS 16" would not work with P3Dv4.

Yes i am using AS for P3Dv4 and yes i have deleted my shader cache

Have this issue also, no fix found yet. I've gone back to 4.1 for now. Are you using an AMD card by any chance? 

30 minutes ago, murry94 said:

Have this issue also, no fix found yet. I've gone back to 4.1 for now. Are you using an AMD card by any chance? 

No i have a NVIDIA GTX 970, are cloud shadows working on v4.1?

Ah okay, yep working fine for me once I rolled back to 4.1. Tried replacing some files from the shaders folder inside the p3d folder with some from 4.1 although that didn't seem to work, albeit a pretty rushed effort. I think the issue lies here somewhere, one of the files updated in 4.2 named shadowxx.xx has caused the issue, I just haven't narrowed it down yet. If you want to try fiddle around with replacing some of these, copy your shadow and shadow.fx files in that shaders folder from 4.1 and start replacing them in 4.2 one by one. I tried with all 5 or 6 of the files named shadow and it caused my shaders to not load, but you should be able to narrow it down if you try with individual files. If this happens to you just uninstall and reinstall the client and all your shaders will restore. 

1 hour ago, Eyeofthetiger said:

No i have a NVIDIA GTX 970, are cloud shadows working on v4.1?

Yes.  And FYI there is a thread around here from a few weeks ago about this exact issue with 4.2, and that thread had more info about it as I recall.

32 minutes ago, murry94 said:

Ah okay, yep working fine for me once I rolled back to 4.1. Tried replacing some files from the shaders folder inside the p3d folder with some from 4.1 although that didn't seem to work, albeit a pretty rushed effort. I think the issue lies here somewhere, one of the files updated in 4.2 named shadowxx.xx has caused the issue, I just haven't narrowed it down yet. If you want to try fiddle around with replacing some of these, copy your shadow and shadow.fx files in that shaders folder from 4.1 and start replacing them in 4.2 one by one. I tried with all 5 or 6 of the files named shadow and it caused my shaders to not load, but you should be able to narrow it down if you try with individual files. If this happens to you just uninstall and reinstall the client and all your shaders will restore. 

Thanks for the info if you don't mind could you tell me or link me to an explanation of how to rollback since I don't see any need to be in 4.2 right now and i want my cloud shadows back.

I found the fix, uninstall/delete URP and your shadows will return.