Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

PMDG 737 or wait?

Thanks everyone for the great insight, I think I'm going to go ahead and grab it,as a member mentioned in an earlier post, over a year of usage it really is cheap looking at it that way.

I wont leave the 747 in the hanger as it is a wonderful aircraft, but with the 737 it will give me variation. back in the fs9 days I use to litter my sim with aircraft that I didn't fly, this time around I want to invest in a few aircraft that i will fly and focus more on making the sim environment shine.(just purchased ASCA and giving it a first time go, what a transformation!!!)

Thanks again

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Based on the way PMDG did with the 747 I would guess that there will be no upgrade service, but it might take a really long time for them to release the next NGX, so it really just depends on how much patience you have and whether you're willing to spend the extra money or not.

8 minutes ago, zanehuston777 said:

Based on the way PMDG did with the 747 I would guess that there will be no upgrade service, but it might take a really long time for them to release the next NGX, so it really just depends on how much patience you have and whether you're willing to spend the extra money or not.

Indeed... Personally I doubt we'll see an NGXv3 on this side of 2020... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On 12/04/2018 at 7:29 AM, flyinpilot212121 said:

Thanks everyone for the great insight, I think I'm going to go ahead and grab it,as a member mentioned in an earlier post, over a year of usage it really is cheap looking at it that way.

I wont leave the 747 in the hanger as it is a wonderful aircraft, but with the 737 it will give me variation. back in the fs9 days I use to litter my sim with aircraft that I didn't fly, this time around I want to invest in a few aircraft that i will fly and focus more on making the sim environment shine.(just purchased ASCA and giving it a first time go, what a transformation!!!)

Thanks again

Speaking as a big p3d/pmdg fan (as per my sig):

one other thought if you like the 737 is to buy x-plane and fly the freeware zibo 737-800. In the last couple of months, i find im using it more than the NGX. X-plane 11 plus Zibo is quite a lot cheaper than buying the PMDG 737.

just food for thought, i know some prefer to stick with a msfs/esp sim experience, and the NGX - despite being old as dirt - is still an absolute classic.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

NGX is definitely worth the buy, I bought after Christmas as my first pay ware, definitely a step up from the default aircraft and freeware! I reckon it’s also a step up from other paywares too, it may be even more worthwhile if you already have their 747. Like other simmers I am anxiously waiting for their new 737, I decided I couldn’t wait that long though, hopefully the new 737 won’t “replace” the NGX as such but will add to it, maybe a 737 MAX, one thing we do know is that they did hint at a MAX in an interview, I think anyway...

But it is your choice my friend, worth it though, Ben Geoghegan

Despite its age, it’s still the add-on that set the bar in terms of fidelity and systems modelling. It’s still a must have in any simmer’s virtual hangar. 

• Like 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I would honestly say that the NGX is probably the greatest add-on of all time ever in Flight Simulation History. Any other aircraft has yet to even come close to what it achieved back in 2011, and still even today.

15 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

I would honestly say that the NGX is probably the greatest add-on of all time ever in Flight Simulation History. Any other aircraft has yet to even come close to what it achieved back in 2011, and still even today.

Agreed

On 5/31/2018 at 1:37 PM, Mitch24 said:

I've been mulling over this comment for some hours now, frankly. My first reaction was of denial. Surely there are other planes that fit the bill? And what about PMDG's more recent creations? But, the more time I spent thinking about this, the more I have to agree with it. There is no other plane in my hanger that I return to quicker than the PMDG 737NGX. It's the perfect level of difficulty, with the perfect size, the perfect range, perfect mission description. It's the perfect marriage of factors, wrapped in a package that's still very pretty to look at, functions very well, and overall still feels as immersive as the day it was released. I truly do love this plane and truly think it's overall my best aircraft purchase.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

On 4/22/2018 at 9:24 AM, OzWhitey said:

Speaking as a big p3d/pmdg fan (as per my sig):

one other thought if you like the 737 is to buy x-plane and fly the freeware zibo 737-800. In the last couple of months, i find im using it more than the NGX. X-plane 11 plus Zibo is quite a lot cheaper than buying the PMDG 737.

just food for thought, i know some prefer to stick with a msfs/esp sim experience, and the NGX - despite being old as dirt - is still an absolute classic.

That plane is a joke  compared to the PMDG NGX. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310