Sign in to follow this  
BatBanco

Carenado SVS - “TER ERR” in G1000 PFD

6 hours ago, Juan Lopez said:

Hi all, just made it work!!!! Only difference is that I selected FSX in the installer and not FSX Steam. Do not ask me why but it solved my issue !!! After 3 days of investigation. Hope it will solve yours. 

No more Terr Err message and a fully functional SVS 🙂 

Thanks all for your help and comments!!

Thats nice for you, but Im stuck with P3d. . . lol

I just heard that Carenado has finally acknowledged the problem of SVS not working with the latest LM SDK. They forwarded the issue to websimconnect to be fixed.  Finally!

3 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

I just heard that Carenado has finally acknowledged the problem of SVS not working with the latest LM SDK. They forwarded the issue to websimconnect to be fixed.  Finally!

I am not having any problems with websimconnect or SVS in P3Dv4 but welcome any additional improvements to the program. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I am not having any problems with websimconnect or SVS in P3Dv4 but welcome any additional improvements to the program. 

Have you downloaded and installed the P3d V4.5 HF2 and its SDK?  Its the SDK that broke it.

On 1/19/2020 at 5:09 AM, Mark Niebauer said:

Have you downloaded and installed the P3d V4.5 HF2 and its SDK?  Its the SDK that broke it.

so what i shoud do unnsitall SDK?

I dont know. I havent solved it and Carenado wont help me on it. They said they couldnt duplicate it so they said pretty much good luck . . .

I too am having woes with this.. I have P3D v5 and Carenado claim via support it will work.. they also mentioned some vague thing about changing some P3Dv4 to read v5 manually but totally failed to explain what they mean and closed the case. I can see the pfd thinks it's there and the icon is in the corner without complaint.. but still have TER ERROR 

They also claimed that it is absurdly heaving on VRAM but I have 8GB and am using barely 3 for P3D 5HF2

50058985973_98dd12653e_h.jpgsvs problem by Dave Woodford, on Flickr

Edited by makapala

OK I got it working... with P3D v5 YOU MUST EDIT YOUR DLL.XML manually... 

You can have the server working, the pfd buttons there, but unless you add:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>WebSimXML</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <Path>.\WebSimBrowser\2.1\64\WebSimXML.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

to the DLL.XML file in your AppData/Roaming/LockheadMartin/Prepar3d v5 directory

you'll get nowhere/

Frankly, paying 25 bucks for an add on and having to code it to work for 3 hours sucks. I should invoice them for the fix.

On 6/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, makapala said:

OK I got it working... with P3D v5 YOU MUST EDIT YOUR DLL.XML manually... 

Glad that worked for you, but still hasn't fixed the Synthetic Vision for me.  😞

Carl Thompson