Sign in to follow this  
timest

Legacy by Wilco

Noticed the D/L version is out now. Anyone try it?How's the FM and FMS? Also how is the FPS?

yes I bought it and flew it a few time. And I feel like posting some of my thoughts here partly because I tried three times without being able to register on their forum at this point.It is a very good plane in my opinion. It is the very first complete modern business jet package for MS flight simulator EVER. (by that I meant the inclusion of the very core of an avionic suite - FMS) I paid for it on the first day of its release just for that reason, and I'm not regreting it.The FPS is very good. Considering what it is - a good payware modern turbine there is really NOTHING to complain in that department. If you have FPS problem with the legacy (2D or 3D) you have problem with your FS itself.I actually was in a real legacy jet two weeks ago in Washington D.C. As far as I can see the cabin and cockpit in Feelthere version are faithful replicas of the real thing. Well that being said, I think it's also fair to say that feelthere planes are not 100% at the very top level of payware planes when it come to the general cosmetic factors. if you expect its VC and lightings to look better than PMDG or Ariane you probably will be disapointed.There are minor problems with it that users have already been posting on their forum. That's just normal. Over all, especially based on their already successful ERJ145, this first release is comparatively very bug free and enjoyable.It would be people's own decisions whether or when to purchase the Legacy. But for those who care about this very under-developed sector for FS (practically non-exsiting IMO)- modern business jets with Honeywell or Rockwell Collins avionics, I sure wish and am positive that you will enjoy the Legacy very much.Jason Zhang

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thanks Jason.I too had trouble getting reged on their forums for the 737PIC. I never got an e-mail and then I tried e-mailing the admin and it bounced!Think I may have to give this a go as it does look complete unlike the other payware biz jets (as you said).A FMS, TCAS and WX radar. I think I have to give it a try.

No email back to me that's exactly the problem I have with their forum registration.Do read through the posts on their forum please. Although not much, there are reported problems or questions. I have my own observations that I don't feel I should post here after all. But so far, nothing is major in my opinion. I've been wishing for a "real" business jet for FS forever and Feelthere finally delivered. That's all I really care about right now. Bugs? Who don't have them? I'm sure they'll patch it down the road as they've always done.Jason

Jason

Guest monsoon

Well guys. I did buyt he thing and it is a good add0n but I will have to stick with my previous posted opinion and say this should have been an 1/2 price upgrade to the ERJ. This thing is so close to being like it that in my opinion a full 40 dollar addon it isn't. If you were a previos ERJ customer we should have received a discounted price. If you were a first time buyer to either the legacy or erj, OK, I agree on paying full price but not for the ERJ owners. If I recall I didnt have to pay full price for the PMDG 800/900 addon. AND PMDG did ad to the functionality of the 6-900 when the 800/900 came out too.

For your opinion on how Feelthere should structure their product prices between the ERJ and Legacy I have no argument because everyone has their own ideas for things like that. But as far as the similarity between the two, that's simply a fact. Legacy is esentially an ERJ135 variant. I'm glad that feelthere made the two very simular in many ways because they actually are. Yet they aren't really. For the diferences you can refer a post on Feelthere forum, or you can search for an article on "Business & Commercial Aviation" magazine. That 4-page article goes indepth on the design of the Legacy. I'm sorry you feel it's not worth its price because it's "too much like the ERJ". But on the other hand, you could have learned that by researching a little before you buy.By the same token I wonder if Embraer gives a 50% discount on a purchases of Legacy for existing ERJ145 owner.Jason

Jason

>Noticed the D/L version is out now. Anyone try it?>>How's the FM and FMS? Also how is the FPS?I just completed my first flight with it. It's very good. Much improved version of the ERJ 145. Framerates are much improved also. I posted some impressions over at feel there's forum. A few minor things (might have been pilot error on my part), but nothing major. ricardo

Guest monsoon

>>By the same token I wonder if Embraer gives a 50% discount on>a purchases of Legacy for existing ERJ145 owner.>>JasonNo they probbaly dont because they give the discount on the very first plane you buy with the gov't help they get.

The forum there is really ticking me off (for a choice of better words).Again I tried to e-mail the admin about not getting a confirmation e-mail and again it bounced.I tried to register again and it says my e-mail is already in use.Are they asleep over there or what?

Interesting. So Embraer gets what Airbus does from their own governments?

Jason

After trying with three different email addresses I stopped trying.Jason

Jason

>I told myself I'd never buy another feelthere product after>the Caravan fiasco, but the virtual cabin and flight attendent>looks pretty cool, how much of a performance hit is there with>that?>>Regards, Michael>KDFW>>http://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/tfbeta.jpgI don't see much of a hit in performance. Apparently you can "turn off" the stewardess, but I haven't figured out how.ricardo

The FeelThere Legacy is one outstanding add-on... A notable improvement over the original ERJ PIC which was already a great product.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2