Sign in to follow this  
Tom007

Auto pilot disengage

Hi

Wonder if someone could help.

I have the PMDG 777 200, my problem is, when on approach, and I wish to

turn off the auto pilot to complete the landing manually, I press the AP button and nothing happens. If I use the AP disengage bar

it turns it off but with alarms sounding which I cannot turn off either.

I,m sure it's just me doing something wrong, but I just don't know what it is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Tom

Do not use the AP disengage bar... ever except in abnormal conditions. Correct manner is to use the AP Disconnect, which is separate from the AP Engage.  Two different buttons.  I'm not sure what the default is but you can find it by looking at the PMDG Options Keycommands menu.

PS:  PMDG asks that we use our full names on all posts. Thanks.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

IF you are using a registered version of FSUIPC you CAN also set a button to "AP master", which will trigger the disc button on the yoke. Though, PMDG recommends using the key command in the PMDG options as Dan has adviced. You then might assign that key to your yoke button.

You can use the mouse wheel to click on the A/P engage point on the panel, ie the screw. Click once to disengage, you will get a klaxon, click again to turn off the klaxon. If you hover your mouse pointer over the screw, you will see there are three options. Check it out! Happy Flights!

Scott Sinclair

Hi All

Many Thanks for your helpful replies, I'll try the yoke button idea

as I have a registered copy of FSUIPC5.

And I apologise for not signing the original post 

Regards to all

Tom

Tom Wildbore

3 hours ago, Tom007 said:

Hi All

Many Thanks for your helpful replies, I'll try the yoke button idea

as I have a registered copy of FSUIPC5.

And I apologise for not signing the original post 

Regards to all

Tom

Tom Wildbore

That is my approach.  I use the PMDG keycommand settings for AP stuff as well as stuff like the fuel run/cutoff switches, gear off, etc.  Just assign a key command not otherwise used by the simulator (I delete all I don't use in the simulator controls setup). then use FSUIPC to assign a button on the controller to translate into that keycommand. Works like a charm, easy.

Dan Downs KCRP

Remember, you need to press the AutoPilot disconnect button on the yoke TWICE.....or the warning sound will not stop :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi

Thanks Chris and Downscc

I have assigned a button via FSUIPC5 and it works great, my problem was, I assumed the AP switch was the only on/off arrangement there was. (only had the 777 less then a couple of weeks)

I didn't realise there was a separate off switch. But thanks to your advise, it works great now.

I'm going to do the same for the auto throttle, as that doesn't switch off on approach either,

then I will have the full manual control to finish the flight.

Just for reference, the reason I didn't trawl through the manual, was due to  having a bad eye problem, 

and am just waiting for an op, therefore my on screen reading is quite limited at the moment.

So as you can imagine, your replies have  been a big help as I can manage reading small bits

before the discomfort starts.

Tom

Tom Wildbore

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom007 said:

I'm going to do the same for the auto throttle, as that doesn't switch off on approach either

Be careful here, the 777 is flown with A/T for approaches, including hand-flown.  Refer to the Flight Crew Training Manual FCTM.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Downscc

Thanks for your advise, I will take that on board and see if I can manage

to read the appropriate part regarding the AT

Many Thanks once again    Tom

Signed:    Tom Wildbore