Sign in to follow this  
lidorx7

P3D V4.2 blurry non-focus picture

hello, 

after installing for the first time the v4.2, it seem like the picture is really blurry, especially inside the PMDG models, the outside look bit better.

i figured out that there is more clear picture as i more get close to the object or zoom in.

i tried to look for a solution for Hours in google and i couldn't find the settings that can improve it to much better picture, the best i could get is to add 8XSGSS to Invidia Inspector (30% better)

already tried: FXAA off, mipmap in settings, SSAA X 8 , DSR at invidia control panel, 

my settings: FXAA:off , texture filtering: anisotropic X16, AA:8 X MSAA, Texture Resolution at Ultra, Resulution 1920X1080X32 

my rig: i7 8700, GTX1080 (last driver), 16DDR4 at 3000Mhz, SSD storage, samsung 32" 60hz monitor connected with HDMI.

i dont really know what else to try, i will appreciate any help,

thank you.

Lidor 

777-outside.jpg

777-overhead.jpg

look how sharp is the left size, and get blurry on the right side , the conver is really blurry, 

one thing i noticed, when im at full screen i have missing part on the right side of the screen, it look like a piece is missing, like the picture is moved to the left, now in the print screen i can see

that there is another piece on the left..like double picture , but its the same size that missing 😕 , any idea what cause to that?

777-shimmer.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by lidorx7

Hi First I would try without inspector, just pure P3d, also what is your Full-screen settings in P3d? 

without inspector its much worse, where is the Full-screen settings in P3D ?

Concerning the blurry pictures: those screenshots don't look blurry to me...? At least I can't see what's blurry exactly.

Concerning the missing part of the screen: Fullscreen settings are here: Options > Display > in the top right corner you will see Display, Resolution, Black-out Desktop and Auto-fill Main View. Make sure Black-out and Auto-fill are on and see what happens.

You could also switch between full screen mode and windowed mode with Alt-Enter: maybe that resets things somehow. 

BTW P3D doesn't have a real full screen mode: the full screen mode is actually a borderless windowed mode which is why you may see things behind/beside it if you use the wrong display settings.

Edited by Guest

HI J van E,

Black-out and Auto-fill are both on,

try to take a look at the over head picture, you can see that the text is very readable on the side that close to us, the middle and the farther side is barley readable,

same with the cockpit picture. the main gauges screen is not clear and very hard to read, this pictures are already zoomed in a bit, without zoom its worse.

in general it looks not clean, there is shimmering all-over. in FSX its much more clear.

disable mipmap 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

i tried the mipmap already ..

look how everything so sharp in this video:

i gave it also a try but its nothing to compare for what i got..

Screen resolution

ooops nvm!

Using any shader mods??

pta?? Envshade?

have you adjusted monitor settings?

Those above mentioned will make sim look sharper 

it has for me

Thou I am using a 4K tv

Edited by mikeymike

the sim resolution is 1920X1080, the desktop resolution support the same but im using 1366X768 , the 1920X1080 make evetything look really small and blurry on desktop

im not using PTA or Envshade, i may give it a try and see if it change anything.

what monitor settings you advice to change?

Hmm a 1920x1080 desktop should be crisp and sharp. Not being funny, but have you had your eyes tested lately? Those screen shots all look fine to me. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

6 hours ago, lidorx7 said:

the sim resolution is 1920X1080, the desktop resolution support the same but im using 1366X768 , the 1920X1080 make evetything look really small and blurry on desktop

As djbully said, that's odd. Using a lower resolution for yout desktop is asking for troubles like blurries. What if you set P3D also to 1366x768? Or just set the desktop to 1920x1080 and then see how P3D looks? I am not a fan of using resolutions that aren't default for the monitor and certainly not lower resolutions!

You have a 32" 1080p monitor/TV and you're running the sim at 1366x768.

It probably looks like you have vaseline smeared all over the screen.

Turn it up to native resolution in the sim (1920x1080) and look at it again.

Also, the problem with part of the image being cutoff is due to the configuration of the display device.  Start by increasing the sim resolution - if the problem remains, you need to look at how the display itself is configured and see if there is an option to reposition the image on the screen.

To add to what TechguyMaxC is saying - along with running the sim and the display (windows) the same resolution as your monitor (1080p), if the text is too small you can adjust the scaling in windows to text etc larger. If your monitor is 1080p then you definitely want to run windows and the sim at the same resolution. 

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

What happens if you turn OFF hdr?

Sometimes bloom makes things look fuzzy/halo/bright

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ok so some news,

the monitor is not 1080 as i thought, i thought its 1080 because win 10 allows you to choose resolution up to 1920X1080.

so what i did, i took my old monitor that is also 32" i know for sure its 1080, but it have to connect via VGA, HDMI looks horrbile on this monitor while it works with PC. so i connected HDMI to VGA converter to the GPU,

1920X1080 desktop res looks good, but the clearest resolution in the sim is almost the lowest one..1280X768, but frames seem to get really low , 17 fps at night on the 777 at KBOS 

while taxi to the runway.

i think i need to buy a new monitor.