Sign in to follow this  
Pat Mussotte

Cessna 421 Golden Eagle on final

I picked up the information that this beauty is coming very soon!

Best regards

Pat

• Like 1

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

If they actually simulate the geared engines this may be my first Carenado purchase. I been waiting for Flight1 to redo their 2002 version for over 10 years now! :laugh: I think the Flight1 Golden Eagle was my first purchase from them. Bought it directly form Jim Roades at Oshkosk. He even gave me a flight lesson on the show booth computer. Times have certainly changed.

Ted

Edited by Ted Striker

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

18 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

If they actually simulate the geared engines this may be my first Carenado purchase. I been waiting for Flight1 to redo their 2002 version for over 10 years now! :laugh: I think the Flight1 Golden Eagle was my first purchase from them. Bought it directly form Jim Roades at Oshkosk. He even gave me a flight lesson on the show booth computer. Times have certainly changed.

Ted

Can you explain the expectation for the geared engine? Does the Alabeo C404 meet the standard? I ask because the C404 & C421C have near identical engines according to POHs:

C404 - Teledyne Continental Motors, GTSIO-520-M, Turbocharged, fuel-injected, gear driven, air cooled,  375 rated HP @ 2235 RPM and 40.0 inches Hg. MP, critical altitude 16,000 feet.

C421C - Teledyne Continental Motors, GTSIO-520-L, Turbocharged, fuel-injected, gear driven, air cooled,  375 rated HP @ 2235 RPM and 39.0 inches Hg. MP, critical altitude 20,000 feet.

4 hours ago, Les Parson said:

Can you explain the expectation for the geared engine? Does the Alabeo C404 meet the standard?

I was not aware that the C404 had the same engine as the C421. Looks like the C404 is a non pressurized version of the C421.

The geared propeller allows the engine to operate at a higher rpm yielding more power development from the same displacement and also allows the  propeller to turn at a lower rpm resulting in less noise production. The gearing and turbo-charging of this engine provided unique response and sound characteristics. I am hoping that Carenado models this. If they just use the standard default sim engine model I will be disappointed.

I don't have the Alabeo C404. If you have the Alabeo C404 and it performs and sounds like every other single engine GA sim aircraft you have then they most likely did not simulate the actual aircraft engine. These engines are on of the main distinguishing items of this aircraft. The P-51 also had a geared propeller and inlet air charging.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I'd be tickled to death if A2A decided to simulate the C421.

Ted

Really looking forward to this one!

I should write them and ask if they could possibly make the Aspen HSI from the Carenado C406 optional for this bird.

It would be great if developers would add several old school optional avionics packages so we could configure these older piston and turboprop twins as owners did in real life.

Collins, King Silver or Gold Crown Avionics etc to make for a true panel for each pilots preference.

Edited by skully