Sign in to follow this  
Buffy Foster

Aerosoft releases Balearic Islands Professional P3D V4

A new scenery for their Balearic Islands (Mallorca, Menorca, and Ibiza) also available as an update from their previous Balearic Islands X Evolution.

New in the P3D V4 version:

• All code (BGLs) compiled with P3D V4 SDK, using new material options and being performance optimised to the new engine
  • All objects optimised for new shadow technology
  • Ground layout following P3DV4 SDK
  • High-resolution satellite images (ca. 0.5 m/px) covering the whole island
  • Appropriate autogen and city objects
  • Photo realistic coverage of the islands can optionally be turned off
  • New highly detailed elevation models for the islands with a resolution of 5 m
  • Numerous static vehicles like buses, baggage carts, etc.
  • Animated jetways (STRG-J), SODE jetways as an option*
  • New, optimised 3D runway lighting with activation/deactivation based on time of day and weather conditions
  • Apron lamps with new effects and dynamic light
  • Changed AFCAD approaches to AirDac 1804
  • Dynamic vehicles on airport feeder and apron (AESLite)
  • Scenery registration following P3D V4 add-on.xml procedure
  • Configuration tool to control some options

https://www.aerosoft.com/us/flight-simulation/prepar3d/sceneries/2411/balearic-islands-professional

I have the X Evolution version of this, so I'm eager to compare them! 🙂

-Buffy

$58.99 US? Good luck with that Aerosoft.  3 airports, yes but that is a significant price point.  

-Braun

You don't have to buy the whole package. Each island is also available as a single product.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, btacon said:

3 airports,

Ah … no. You get 3 Islands! And 4 Airports on the Islands.

And complete phototextures, houses, buildings, etc. So far more than "just" 3 airports.

Maybe the price is too steep for you for the package, it's your opinion. But it is not just 3 airports, that is not true.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just upgraded from the previous version, removed the old ones, installed the new ones. did a short test, looks very nice, i think it a slightly smoother in terms of performance. Dynamic lights look nice, with 2xSSA still good performance using NGX. A few days ago upgraded to Milan Malpensa prof as well, very nice too. so Kudos to Aerosoft. and by the way their customer support GREAT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How does the photoground of Mallorca look like? Is it updated? What's about the colours and the autogen denisity? The photoground was in my opinion the biggest drawback of the old version, it was way to washed out, not very good resolution and with way to little autogen density. That's why I deactivated it. Would be nice, if this is improved.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

How does the photoground of Mallorca look like? Is it updated? What's about the colours and the autogen denisity? The photoground was in my opinion the biggest drawback of the old version, it was way to washed out, not very good resolution and with way to little autogen density. That's why I deactivated it. Would be nice, if this is improved.

Great question.

23 hours ago, AnkH said:

IMO, the photoground of the island is still a bit washed out, but I cannot remember how it was before. Autogen amount seems to be sufficient. I purchased only Mallorca (upgrade for 10 €). The airport is very fine and performannce with PMDG is very good.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).