UncleBob

Bought the mu-2b

Recommended Posts

There is something about this. I almost bought it on an impuls and was afraid i was going to get burned. I like this bird very much. I think there is something with the flight dynamics that feels authentic. Im not a real life pilot so i couldnt say much about that, but it gave me an imersive feeling ive been missing out on with other developers planes that i have. Ive been looking to get a learjet 35 and wanted to ask someone here if you feel the one made by flysimware is a good one, or maybe even top of the list? If I have to chose from very good textures vs good flightdynamics I would chose the latter in a heartbeat. Thats why I like the mu-2b so much. I am only using VR in the sim so flightdynamics/systems are more important than textures, and the mu-2b is looking good in vr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

UncleBob,

I have the FSW MU-2 and L35. They are by far my favorite turboprop and jet a/c. These days I mainly fly the L35 with a single GTN-750. I also have the PMDG 737NGX, but don't fly it anymore. I much prefer the L35 - GTN750 combination over the FMC in the PMDG 737NGX since the GTN 750 allows for more hands on flying such as meeting airspeed and altitude requirements during SIDs and STARS. Admittedly the PMDG 737NGX is a superb simulation and the graphics are superior to the MU-2 and L35 graphics, but the hands on flying is more important to me. I am looking forward to the FSW Falcon 50 which will also use the GTN-750.

As they say, "To each his own".

Al

Edited by ark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ark said:

UncleBob,

I have the FSW MU-2 and L35. They are by far my favorite turboprop and jet a/c. These days I mainly fly the L35 with a single GTN-750. I also have the PMDG 737NGX, but don't fly it anymore. I much prefer the L35 - GTN750 combination over the FMC in the PMDG 737NGX since the GTN 750 allows for more hands on flying such as meeting airspeed and altitude requirements during SIDs and STARS. Admittedly the PMDG 737NGX is a superb simulation and the graphics are superior to the MU-2 and L35 graphics, but the hands on flying is more important to me. I am looking forward to the FSW Falcon 50 which will also use the GTN-750.

As they say, "To each his own".

Al

Can I ask you if you are using any modifications to the MU and L35? Are there any mods of some sort to them? Im trying to figure out if it is possible to remove the glass effect on the cockpit windows, the side windows to be spesific. Maybe some soundmod for the mu like I feel its much to quite on the ground, landing and taxeing. I might be able to find something I can use in here. Anyways, thx for the reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Click on the side glass in the MU-2 and that will change it to clear.

Cheers

Martin

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the club, UncleBob. Glad you found out how wonderful these FSW planes fly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually click on the side window frame to clear the glass, not the glass itself as I mentioned above!

Cheers

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

Actually click on the side window frame to clear the glass, not the glass itself as I mentioned above!

Cheers

Martin

Well that is interesting! I never knew the MU-2 had a tinted glass option. Is this a typical FSX 'feature' or just MU-2 specific?

Thx,

Al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a feature of this MU-2, other folks wanted clear windows so Mark at FSW added this options if I recall correctly. A note, the real aircraft came with those tinted green looking side windows, I like the clear glass option.

Cheers

Martin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rightseat said:

Welcome to the club, UncleBob. Glad you found out how wonderful these FSW planes fly.

 

6 hours ago, MartinRex007 said:

Actually click on the side window frame to clear the glass, not the glass itself as I mentioned above!

Cheers

Martin

 

11 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

Thank you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now