Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrgaz

I'm going to miss you PMDG

6 minutes ago, downscc said:

Looks like the troll got his wish... yet another XPlane vs world thread. Enjoy.

Against the world???  Troll?  Hardly.  I never expressed anywhere that I feel X-Plane is superior to Prepared.  Only FSX.  Since I don't want to fly the 32 bit sim anymore and I can't accept LM's EULA, I can not legally fly PMDG birds anymore.

33 minutes ago, jrgaz said:

I never expressed anywhere that I feel X-Plane is superior to Prepared. 

Not directly. But this whole thread reeks of it.

To be honest, I'm completely missing the point of this thread - and even more, why you chose to place it in the PMDG General Forum, and not in the Prepar3D Forum (or Hangar Chat).

33 minutes ago, jrgaz said:

I don't want to fly the 32 bit sim anymore and I can't accept LM's EULA, I can not legally fly PMDG birds anymore.

Good God! Could you please stop with this argument...

No one says that you can't use Prepar3D for multiple things! Just because you aren't a training aviator or pilot, doesn't mean, that you're banned from using Prepar3D. 

I'm employed as an IT manager and haven't gotten any affiliation with any aviation-related stuff professionally. I use Prepar3D for educational purposes in my spare time. Learning about aviation techniques, flying approaches and familiarizing myself with various airplane types, as well as VFR/IFR rules etc... It's spare time education and a hobby - where entertainment is a by-product. But no one says, that educational activities can't be entertaining as well.

I call it edutainment... 🙂

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

In before the topic closure!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

8 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

In before the topic closure!

too 😉

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

19 hours ago, jrgaz said:

since I'm not a pilot in training irl using it for education, I can't use it legally(for entertainment).

As the old saying goes - what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business 👍

David Porrett

2 minutes ago, DavidP said:

As the old saying goes - what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business 👍

So, if you come to my house, I can steal money from your wallet?  

Matt King

13 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Huh?! What has theft got to do with anything?! :blink:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

Huh?! What has theft got to do with anything?! :blink:

Seriously?  Did you read the quote I was responding to?  A poster stated what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business; this comment was made in relation to the academic licence discussion.  Seriously, if you can't connect those dots, I cant help you...

I am not commenting on the academic licence discussion itself as it's been beaten to death.  Just responding to the rationale some people use to justify their actions...

Matt King

36 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Seriously?  Did you read the quote I was responding to?  A poster stated what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business; this comment was made in relation to the academic licence discussion.  Seriously, if you can't connect those dots, I cant help you...

I am not commenting on the academic licence discussion itself as it's been beaten to death.  Just responding to the rationale some people use to justify their actions...

I still don't understand how you can couple theft and usage of a software program (which you paid for).

Also - could you please stop with the demeaning language and berating personal comments! I simply asked you a question.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Ok guys, put away the pitchforks and torches!  I really didn't mean to upset anybody, but should've known better, having spoken the "X" word...😉

2 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

I still don't understand how you can couple theft and usage of a software program (which you paid for).

Also - could you please stop with the demeaning language and berating personal comments! I simply asked you a question.

LOL. Seriously!?  You're trying to take the moral high ground, on the bases of demeaning langue; yet, it's ok for you to employ a 'crazy' emoji?  It's obvious you're just trying to pick a fight; you know exactly what my analogy is eluding to.  BTW, if you paid $5 for a bootleg movie, is that still morally ethical?  You paid for the film that you're using in the privacy of your own home. Gess, I really shouldn't have to spell this out....

Matt King

4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Best work on your sense of humour Dude, it has some bugs.

David Porrett

3 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Best work on your sense of humour Dude, it has some bugs.

It was a serious question, David.  Just trying to understand your comment regarding the use of software in your home; unless, that was a joke?  If it was your attempt at humor, you may want to take your own advise? 

Matt King

3 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

:blink:

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

OP: "since I'm not a pilot in training irl using it for education, I can't use it legally(for entertainment)."

Your Reply: "As the old saying goes - what you do in the privacy of your own home is your business"

What other conclusion could one reasonably draw except for the notion you're advocating for the dismal of EULAs?  Unless this was supposed to be humorous?  Perhaps English is not your primary language; we could simply be having interruption issues.  

Matt King