jrgaz

I'm going to miss you PMDG

Recommended Posts

Started flight simulation 3 years ago with FSX Steam Edition after purchasing a good computer.  Fell in love fast and started buying many add-ons.  First was the PMDG NGX.  Wow!  After, I continued with the NGX extension pack,  777-200, 777-300er, and of course, the QOTS V3.  These aircraft are truly amazing,  great work PMDG.  Many other aircraft add-ons, weather, sky textures, and sceneries were also purchased.🤑🤑🤑

About 9 months ago I downloaded X-plane 11 and since have used it almost exclusively.  Now and then I go back to FSX for a PMDG flight but I find the flight dynamics and fluidity unbearable compared to X- Plane 11.

Didn't want P3D, too expensive, and since I'm not a pilot in training irl using it for education, I can't use it legally(for entertainment).

Have since bought several high quality add-ons for my new sim and am loving every minute of it.  

Recently, with my SSD storage space starting to run thin, I freed up 80GB by uninstalling everything related to FSX.😥😥😥

So I say thank you PMDG, keep up the great work, and I hope that one day, one of your amazing aircraft will be available for us X-Plane 11 Users.

John Gaasbeek

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The point of your post is??? To be honest, you come across as a troll trying to drum up the same ole' XPlane vs the rest of the world argument that seems to pop up in the PMDG forums every two weeks.  It's getting old.

  • Like 8
  • Upvote 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

downscc,  

If it makes you happy calling me a troll, so be it.  The point is pretty obvious to those who do not judge others.  Call me a satisfied customer who spent a couple hundred bucks on PMDG products.  Call it a fellow flight simmer's story.  We all have them and contribute our experiences and feedback to the community.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Dan, it seems all you aim to accomplish is to subtly hint that PMDG is losing you as a customer by not developing for X-Plane. That’s not really necessary here, but nonetheless enjoy X-Plane; it’s a great sim.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jrgaz said:

downscc,  

If it makes you happy calling me a troll, so be it.  The point is pretty obvious to those who do not judge others.  Call me a satisfied customer who spent a couple hundred bucks on PMDG products.  Call it a fellow flight simmer's story.  We all have them and contribute our experiences and feedback to the community.

It just came across that you had an ulterior motive rather than this, our apologies if we interpreted it the wrong way.

Edited by Milton Waddams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, downscc said:

The point of your post is??? To be honest, you come across as a troll trying to drum up the same ole' XPlane vs the rest of the world argument that seems to pop up in the PMDG forums every two weeks.  It's getting old.

Us ole timers often forget that today's population uses forums and other social media just as we might breath. Any thought which pops into their mind is (almost) immediately placed on social media.  With that in mind, likely a sincere post with MAYBE a hidden intent to interest PMDG in developing more for X-Plaaahhh.  😉

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave.  You are a class act.  Always there to put out the fires and help fellow flight simmers in need, but I almost never voice my opinion on social media!😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John,

 

Who are you directing your post to, is it PMDG? who I don't think will stop producing aircraft for FSX/Prepar3D and don't forget they also do X-Plane or is it we users who enjoy all Platforms but have more addons for one than another. I have had all versions of FS, FSX and SE, Prepar3D and also all versions of X-plane. Each platform has it's merits and annoyances. I prefer Prepar3d v4 for airliner flying and XP 11 for VFR GA flying. I accept both platforms as they are and use them accordingly. Sorry that you have given up on PMDG, which have been a game changer for aircraft realism at a fair price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

John,

 

Who are you directing your post to, is it PMDG? who I don't think will stop producing aircraft for FSX/Prepar3D and don't forget they also do X-Plane or is it we users who enjoy all Platforms but have more addons for one than another. I have had all versions of FS, FSX and SE, Prepar3D and also all versions of X-plane. Each platform has it's merits and annoyances. I prefer Prepar3d v4 for airliner flying and XP 11 for VFR GA flying. I accept both platforms as they are and use them accordingly. Sorry that you have given up on PMDG, which have been a game changer for aircraft realism at a fair price.

Of course I do not think PMDG wil stop making aircraft for Prepared, nor is it my wish.  I didn't give up on PMDG, I gave up on FSX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't tried XP11 (though I've been thinking about it).  I wouldn't be surprised to see PMDG make a modern airliner for XPlane.  There are some nice things about it and there are a fair amount of folks that use both sims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck in your X-Plane endeavors. There are quality folks developing stuff for that platform. I agree that in and of itself it initially came across as a troll style post even though that may have not been your intent. I will also add that going from FSX to X-Plane is much more of a leap then P3D V4 to X-Plane. 

In the end, its going to come down to preference. If you want the PMDG (as well as several other developers such as Majestic etc, at least as far as I can see, you will need to use the LM product, otherwise, LR has some good points. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Respectfully, if your not a real world pilot. how would you honestly know if PMDG's flight dynamics are off? I don't fly the Boeing, I'm an Airbus captain, by my friend is on the 777, and was pretty impressed with the feel and detail on the PMDG 777, especially given the price. Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, busdriver said:

Respectfully, if your not a real world pilot. how would you honestly know if PMDG's flight dynamics are off? I don't fly the Boeing, I'm an Airbus captain, by my friend is on the 777, and was pretty impressed with the feel and detail on the PMDG 777, especially given the price. Just my 2 cents.

Exactly what I thought... my cousin is/was a captain on the 737 and is currently in training for the 777/787. She has taught me on the PMDG 737 and tried it herself. Considering that we are sitting on a chair using a CH yoke (I do at least) she was impressed by the flight dynamics which are very close to the real 737. Just a few weeks ago I gave XP another try after its updates and as she was visiting the family for my dad‘s 60th she also tried the zibo 737 on XP. Far from real. Too much strange movement. 

Also I personally have several hours on a C172 and many many hours on sailplanes. I KNOW how an airplane behaves and feels. Many people here do so. XP is different from stock P3D and it might lead to the assumption for non real world pilots that this was the real deal. But actually it‘s not. There might be the possibility for the developers to create good physical models, but you can achieve much better results when you do what is only possible with P3D: work around its core. Best example: accusim. or the Majestics Q400 according to some yt vids of a Q400 FO. 

XP is a very nice sim for sure and looks amazing. But I can‘t stand it anymore when people constantly repeat it was more realistic. This is simply not true. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello John!

In your switch to X-Plane, you can maintain a very good relationship with PMDG through their DC-6.

It is superbly modelled, it is challenging to fly and it is a lot of fun.

it will make a really nice addition to your hangar, regardless of what type of airplane you like to fly.

So  everytime you feel like you are missing PMDG, you fire up the DC-6 on a northern Alaska airport, and you fly her low and slow for an hour!!

Enjoy simming in whichever way it makes you happy.

Roberto

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't see the point of posts like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

Hello John!

In your switch to X-Plane, you can maintain a very good relationship with PMDG through their DC-6.

It is superbly modelled, it is challenging to fly and it is a lot of fun.

Unfortunately not, as the DC-6 is not supported on XP11. Been waiting for one year and a half now. 😥

(not a fan of reverting to hacks to use a relatively expensive add-on)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavidP said:

I really don't see the point of posts like this.

Don't worry there will be another one in a week or two.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavidP said:

I really don't see the point of posts like this.

+1.

Just another child of the magenta line seeking the holy grail.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Unfortunately not, as the DC-6 is not supported on XP11. Been waiting for one year and a half now. 😥

(not a fan of reverting to hacks to use a relatively expensive add-on)

This is really surprising. I dont own it but I guess it sends a message about the future of  XP and PMDG.

I really like X plane and the moment I took off in the demo I was hooked, It kind of feels like your floating and not on rails.. but I was expecting a big difference after come from 32 bit FSx SE after many years . I have quite a few hours in GA and XP  feels a bit closer to the real thing but cant comment on P3D, never owned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, busdriver said:

Respectfully, if your not a real world pilot. how would you honestly know if PMDG's flight dynamics are off? I don't fly the Boeing, I'm an Airbus captain, by my friend is on the 777, and was pretty impressed with the feel and detail on the PMDG 777, especially given the price. Just my 2 cents.

I'm not saying the flight dynamics of PMDG planes are off, just that the general FSX flight dynamics are not as pleasing as the XP's are to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Exactly what I thought... my cousin is/was a captain on the 737 and is currently in training for the 777/787. She has taught me on the PMDG 737 and tried it herself. Considering that we are sitting on a chair using a CH yoke (I do at least) she was impressed by the flight dynamics which are very close to the real 737. Just a few weeks ago I gave XP another try after its updates and as she was visiting the family for my dad‘s 60th she also tried the zibo 737 on XP. Far from real. Too much strange movement. 

Also I personally have several hours on a C172 and many many hours on sailplanes. I KNOW how an airplane behaves and feels. Many people here do so. XP is different from stock P3D and it might lead to the assumption for non real world pilots that this was the real deal. But actually it‘s not. There might be the possibility for the developers to create good physical models, but you can achieve much better results when you do what is only possible with P3D: work around its core. Best example: accusim. or the Majestics Q400 according to some yt vids of a Q400 FO. 

XP is a very nice sim for sure and looks amazing. But I can‘t stand it anymore when people constantly repeat it was more realistic. This is simply not true. 

I have heard from at least one well known 738 real life Captain on YT that he finds the flight dynamics of the Zibo 738 a lot more realistic than that of the FSX PMDG 738.  But it is just an opinion. 

Don't take it so personally.

Edited by jrgaz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrgaz said:

I have heard from at least one well known 738 real life Captain on YT that he finds the flight dynamics of the Zibo 738 a lot more realistic than that of FSX.

Don't take it so personally.

Saw it too. It was fine weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use both X-Plane 11 and P4D. No need to loose the enjoyment of both worlds. It's only limited by your time and hard-drive space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.