Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi, I’m new. I’d want to build a new P3d pc. I’m running it on a laptop but I don’t get nice results with the pmdg 777. My ideal pc would be this:

I7-8700k

Asus Z370 F

Gtx 1080ti

32gb ram at 3200mhz

corsair hydro 150i pro

Corsair Rm1000x

970pro 512 gb for os

 1 tb 860 evo for P3d 

500gb 860 evo for other games and apps.

Acer 27 g-sync 144hz

What did you think about it?

In the future I also want to build a 777 home cockpit.

Edited by BrucoGianluco05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

5 minutes ago, BrucoGianluco05 said:

It would be better to wait to cannon lake CPUs??

You can always wait for the next better thing.. if you do that, you never get to fly :blush:

The proposed configuration is pretty much "state of the art".. if your budget allows it, build it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2018 at 1:20 PM, BrucoGianluco05 said:

Hi, I’m new. I’d want to build a new P3d pc. I’m running it on a laptop but I don’t get nice results with the pmdg 777. My ideal pc would be this:

I7-8700k

Asus Z370 F

Gtx 1080ti

32gb ram at 3200mhz

corsair hydro 150i pro

Corsair Rm1000x

970pro 512 gb for os

 1 tb 860 evo for P3d 

500gb 860 evo for other games and apps.

Acer 27 g-sync 144hz

What did you think about it?

In the future I also want to build a 777 home cockpit.

 

 

As mentioned... there is the option of waiting for next platform. But I'm with Burt on this, there is always the option of waiting for the next best thing, which is a never ending scenario. And if we're honest, the next platform won't offer huge improvements in performance. Performance increase platform to platform has been incremental, not mind-blowing.

My attitude is if a new platform is just around the corner, a month or two, then I would wait, anything longer and I wouldn't. Cannon Lake is not going to be around till 2019 so I heard. So up to you on that, you may be happy with what you have for now, not desperate, on the other hand you may be fed up with lack of performance and highly motivated to upgrade. 

 

Your choices look pretty sound though, but you could save money by specifying 16 GB Ram instead of 32. 32 isn't really required.

In addition, you don't need a 1000 watt PSU. 750 watt would be more than ample.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, martin-w said:

Your choices look pretty sound though, but you could save money by specifying 16 GB Ram instead of 32.

+1.  And faster RAM... that motherboard can handle DDR4 4000MHz.

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Last thought.. of you want to trim your budget further, consider a GTX 1070.  I love mine.. :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lownslo said:

+1.  And faster RAM... that motherboard can handle DDR4 4000MHz.

Greg

 

Yep, forgot about that. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should add... looks like Intel might be about to release their first 5 GHz CPU, if the rumours are correct. Rumoured to be this year.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 5:06 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Last thought.. of you want to trim your budget further, consider a GTX 1070.  I love mine.. :cool:

I think I'll take a 1050 ti and wait for the new nvidia gpu of the 2000 series to come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now