Sign in to follow this  
Bill A

Tinmouse II released

Guest LennartGermany

At first thanks for this amazing aircraft!After reading the CIVA INS docs and all that stuff to get familiar with 737-200 navigation I still have a problem.I can't find any possibility to connect the INS to the A/P. The NAV/RAD Change Button doesn't work, as it seems.I would be grateful for any advice.Lennart

>Can anyone else confirm that the nav and strobe lights on the>Sudan Airways Gravel Kit 737 are misplaced and the main gear>do not touch the ground? I'm thinking that since the other>models are fine, that this is a model problem.Somehow an old version of the gravel kit model file snuck in on me. New mdl file coming in first update.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

With the NAV/RAD button in NAV, select heading on the Sperry 77 autopilot to allow the INS to drive the A/P heading. The airplane will fly the heading commanded internally by the INS. Note that the heading bug is not slaved by the INS in this mode.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Santiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

First of all, thanks for a great aircraft!I'm not getting the GPWS altitude callouts -- is this normal? Generators and hydraulic pumps are switched on with respect to the startup state and I'm getting all the other "expected" sounds (co-pilot callouts etc.).Cheers,Martin

>With the NAV/RAD button in NAV, select heading on the Sperry>77 autopilot to allow the INS to drive the A/P heading. The>airplane will fly the heading commanded internally by the INS.> Note that the heading bug is not slaved by the INS in this>mode.>>Regards>>Bob Scott>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>Santiago de ChileI am not convinced this will work. I attempted a flight this morning after inputting a flight plan into the INS but it wouldn't follow the plan. I went ahead and added the Nav Mode Selector that the CIVA documentation says needs to be installed in the panel. I haven't tried it out yet, but will later today and see if it works. The way I read the documentation for the INS is that the autopilot has to be in heading mode with the Nav Mode Selector for the CIVA INS set to INS1 or which ever unit you desire if you have a multiple unit set up.

Guest RiddlePilot

>No problem, fellas.>>A further note on the hydraulics. For push back and engine>start-up, the 'A' hydraulic pumps are turned off. In FS, you>can leave them on, but in real world operation they are turned>off for push back as one of the functions of the 'A' hydraulic>system is to pressurize the nose gear. The 'Ground>interconnect' (small switch above the 'A' and 'B' hydraulic>switches) should be closed for pushback, and remain closed for>the duration of the flight. The reason being is that the>ground interconnect serves as a "crossfeed" or sorts, allowing>the 'B' system to pressurize the 'A' system.>>Happy flying!>>According to http://www.b737.org.uk/hydraulics.htm , the B system should be switched off during pushback, which would explain why there is much more wear on the labels around the B switches The B system is powered by the GEN BUS and would be running with the APU (as long as the APU GEN switches are on).And I see that the switch grouping is different on the -200 than on any later model. I was not aware of that difference until now.

according to AFM, if there is an steering pin connected during pushback, isn't need to shut-off the ELEC HYD pumps B.what you cannot do is change the switchs position during pushback, just to prevent a rapid hyd pressurization in the steering that could damage the airframe.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

Everything is running great during taxi and takeoff, then I lost my alitmeter and all my external lights went out. I cant figure what went wrong since I had all the electricals powered my the engine's generators.Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest daniel.alm

>Everything is running great during taxi and takeoff, then I>lost my alitmeter and all my external lights went out. I cant>figure what went wrong since I had all the electricals powered>my the engine's generators.>>BillTry to enable the FSUIPC battery fix.

>>With the NAV/RAD button in NAV, select heading on the>Sperry>>77 autopilot to allow the INS to drive the A/P heading. The>>airplane will fly the heading commanded internally by the>INS.>> Note that the heading bug is not slaved by the INS in this>>mode.>>>>Regards>>>>Bob Scott>>ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300>>Santiago de Chile>>>I am not convinced this will work. I attempted a flight this>morning after inputting a flight plan into the INS but it>wouldn't follow the plan. I went ahead and added the Nav Mode>Selector that the CIVA documentation says needs to be>installed in the panel. I haven't tried it out yet, but will>later today and see if it works. >>The way I read the documentation for the INS is that the>autopilot has to be in heading mode with the Nav Mode Selector>for the CIVA INS set to INS1 or which ever unit you desire if>you have a multiple unit set up. Although you may not be convinced, do as Bob recommends and it will work..... It does for me ;-)Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 & Lockheed C-130/L-100 Mechanichttp://www.sstsim.com/images/team/JR.jpg

What do I do and where do I go for the battery fix?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Good evening,I did install the panel and patch 2.There is a problem with the CIVA INS.As sons as the aircraft starts moving forward, the battery light comes on .15 minutes later the battery, as specified in the CIVA manual, dies and so does the INS.This bug did happen in the past on a A300-B4 from Beno

Guest daniel.alm

>What do I do and where do I go for the battery fix?>>Thanks,>>BillBill,Start FS, create a flight and when in the aircraft, open the menu bar (normally with ALT). There you go to Modules and then to FSUIPC. In FSUIPC you'll find the battery fix, I think it's under Misc. Just check it and the systems should work.-----------I've some other bugs to report. The first one is as already mentioned the battery issue with the Civa INS. It dies after 15 minutes, no matter what you do. The second one is the trim, it's way too sensitive and it makes hand-flying almost impossible. Thanks once again for the great package,Daniel

>>Good evening,>>I did install the panel and patch 2.>>There is a problem with the CIVA INS.>>As sons as the aircraft starts moving forward, the battery>light comes on .>15 minutes later the battery, as specified in the CIVA manual,>dies and so does the INS.>This bug did happen in the past on a A300-B4 from Beno